Its very hard to swallow...this new story line

;) As posted in another genius thread in my opinion. This new story line from what we know if it is extremly flawed, How did the Sith get so powerful?

Finsihing the game as light side part 1 it makes no sense. On the other hand as a dark side player its completly feasible.

Another thing that Chris Avellone has clearly contradicted himself and his credibility is that in other interviews he states that the character has no amnesia will not get amensia, there are no flashes to memories vision profesies and more the "charcter" knows who he is and is fully aware of themselves thats paraphrasing but you get the gist.

But in a recent inteview thread/ response I read that the character/player wakes up on the asteriod mine field and does not know how the got there or what he's doing there.

C'mon I agree with alot of ppl here that the less they change the better TSL will be but thats almost the same begining that part 1 had verbatim. Whats with the "waking up" Obsidian has to wake up and not just use a Cookie cutter to make this game and say there a full original sequel bull. :p

Well one of the devs said the opposite, that you don't just wake up and all of a sudden forget where you are and stuff like you did in KOTR.

I don't think we know enough about the actual plot to really comment about it.

:) As posted in another genius thread in my opinion. This new story line from what we know if it is extremly flawed, How did the Sith get so powerful?

Finsihing the game as light side part 1 it makes no sense. On the other hand as a dark side player its completly feasible.

Another thing that Chris Avellone has clearly contradicted himself and his credibility is that in other interviews he states that the character has no amnesia will not get amensia, there are no flashes to memories vision profesies and more the "charcter" knows who he is and is fully aware of themselves thats paraphrasing but you get the gist.

But in a recent inteview thread/ response I read that the character/player wakes up on the asteriod mine field and does not know how the got there or what he's doing there.

C'mon I agree with alot of ppl here that the less they change the better TSL will be but thats almost the same begining that part 1 had verbatim. Whats with the "waking up" Obsidian has to wake up and not just use a Cookie cutter to make this game and say there a full original sequel bull. :o

Not yet another rant! WHY ARE YOU HERE? All you do is complain about this awsome game!

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

:) As posted in another genius thread in my opinion. This new story line from what we know if it is extremly flawed, How did the Sith get so powerful?

C'mon I agree with alot of ppl here that the less they change the better TSL will be but thats almost the same begining that part 1 had verbatim. Whats with the "waking up" Obsidian has to wake up and not just use a Cookie cutter to make this game and say there a full original sequel bull. :o

stories change and grow, new ideas spring up and affect things, and no i dont think his "credibility" has been damaged in the slightest by saying something earlier that is bound to change in time anyway

Perhaps you didn't take notice of all of the details of the first game. After the war with Exar Kun and the war with the Mandalorians the Republic is in the worst possible shape. The Jedi on Dantooine pretty much tell you how weak the Republic is. The story for KOTOR II makes sense. You get too fooled by the light side ending, sure they destroy the Star Forge but lose a lot of Jedi and Republicans while doing it.

Oh my goodness did they release the script of the game or something??? Jedimafia how do you know the story doesn't make sense can I get a link to the story you're reading, I assume it's the complete story since your opinion seems very deffinite that the story makes no sense, even though the rest of the public has a vague setup of what the story is.

Not yet another rant! WHY ARE YOU HERE? All you do is complain about this awsome game!

You're no better, you're already claiming it's an "awesome" game without playing it. People who make up their minds before playing a game are dumb, end of story.

Why wouldn't this game be awsome? Its a new and improved version of a great game! What gets me is that JediMafia has done nothing but complain and tell the devs what they should do! That is what annoys me!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Look at the movies.

In ANH even with the Death Star blown to bits the Empire was still in control.

The SF had been creating ships,the Republic/Jedi had just gone through 2 wars rather close together in which they got hit very hard.

One victory in a battle is not the same as winning the war,no matter how bit the victory.

The republic was in bad shape after the war with Malak.

Revan leaves a year after the events of Knights,and there's 4 more years between then and when this game starts. It's not too hard to see how the Republic and the Jedi could have been beat in that amount of time against a force with the ships and manpower to go at them. Which the Sith had with or without the SF.

Oh my goodness did they release the script of the game or something???  Jedimafia how do you know the story doesn't make sense can I get a link to the story you're reading, I assume it's the complete story since your opinion seems very deffinite that the story makes no sense, even though the rest of the public has a vague setup of what the story is.

take no notice of him :) hes a foolish boy whos only aim is to critisise everything about this game :o

You're no better, you're already claiming it's an "awesome" game without playing it. People who make up their minds before playing a game are dumb, end of story.

and btw we are hoping its amazing whats the harm in hope, for f*cks sake lighten up :angry:

:) #1 Its not a rant just basicaly things that make you go hmmmm.

#2 I do not always complain about this game can't some here have an objective point of view.

I consider myself a nonbias fan.

Its like the forum should say warning "fanboys only"

C'mon ppl wake up. :o

the sith won the war, whats hard to get. They made the game as if u played as a dark character

Not exactly,you can choose to have Revan have been a Jedi not a Sith.

But even with that the war wasn't over yet. That was one victory in one battle.

and btw we are hoping its amazing whats the harm in hope, for f*cks sake lighten up :angry:

Being positive is much better than negative!

#2 I do not always complain about this game can't some here have an objective point of view.

1. it is a rant

2. you do always complain

3. you are biased

4. and if you arent a fanboy you are here a hell of a lot

You dont rant or complain? You have started 3 topics each one has started with a long rant that prety much demands the devs to change the game to suit you!

Why wouldn't this game be awsome? Its a new and improved version of a great game! What gets me is that JediMafia has done nothing but complain and tell the devs what they should do! That is what annoys me!

Why wouldn't this game be awesome? Because Bioware is no longer making it and it's earliest due date for a game I've ever seen. That's not to say I think it's going to be a bad game, I think at worst it'll still be fun. But I'm certainly not going to make a judgement on it.

But yes, people that complain just to complain suck.

If you don't rhink the game is going to be good why do you waste your time posting in this forum.  I think that if you are going to just sit here and criticize the game you probably go to a different website.

Exactly my point.

1. it is a rant

2. you do always complain

3. you are biased

4. and if you arent a fanboy you are here a hell of a lot

Amen!

Why wouldn't this game be awesome? Because Bioware is no longer making it and it's earliest due date for a game I've ever seen. That's not to say I think it's going to be a bad game, I think at worst it'll still be fun. But I'm certainly not going to make a judgement on it.

But yes, people that complain just to complain suck.

true bioware are not making it but obsidian are working very close with them, licenced the engine etc etc.

I don't know about you, but after KOTOR 1, I'm kinda glad that someone else is at the reigns. KOTOR 1 was terribly glitchy, and played like a movie. In KOTOR 2, we know that you have more freedom of choice. Combine that with the fact that it can't possibly be more glitchy than KOTOR 1, and you can tell that KOTOR 2 will be > KOTOR 1.

At any rate, it doesn't really matter whether Revan ended good or bad. The Sith could have come back even from the good ending, as has been said before.

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out