The weather outside is frightful

Walsingham

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/4472970.stm

A selection of photos from BBC viewers of recent British weather.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Nothing to it. Just some nice photos.

You Nords should remember that we don't normally get snowed on 24/7. In fact it's pretty rare.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

It snowed early this year but it melted away two days later. Snow sucks.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

That's usually how it goes here. It snows a helluva lot and then it starts to melt and when it has turned into utter useless crappy muddy blargh it starts to freeze. I used to love the opportunity for winter sport, but this weather is just mean...

(Signatures: disabled) 

[Californian accent]Hello! I decided to conduct an experiment that would test the limits both of the body and mind, by ordering some snow from the vast reaches of the Greenlandic tundra. I placed a sizeable amount of carefully singled out snow crystals of varying colour into this utensil here, which I in turn placed on this very hot heater.

As the snow began melting, it eventually started oozing up some steam whereupon I leaned over to inhale it. I became substantially intoxicated and a few curls of my hair caught fire on the heater, so I started waving and trying to extinguish the fire with my laboratory coat. As I managed to smother the fire on my hair I knocked the utensil over and the ooze came spreading all over the room. Ain't this a mess, Dave?[/Californian accent]

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

Fresh snow is beautiful, just after it's fallen. In the UK, you usually get a short cold spell with snow, then after a few days it warms up and the snow melts. In other places, the temperature stays below freezing for weeks, and without fresh snowfall the snow stays on the ground and turns black and horrible. Not pleasant at all.

We're supposed to be getting power cuts this winter, but fortunately with the internet, we can all learn how to make an igloo. Apparently the air hole is important for some reason, not sure what. :blink:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

We're supposed to be getting power cuts this winter, but fortunately with the internet, we can all learn how to make an igloo.  Apparently the air hole is important for some reason, not sure what. :-

I've actually been obliged to build one of those before. It's not quite as easy as that little guide makes it look. In fact, it's downright impossible. I have no idea how the Eskimos do it. Were I ever in a situation that truly required it, I'd just bury myself with an air hole rather than trying my hand at arctic construction again.

Fresh snow is beautiful, just after it's fallen.  In the UK, you usually get a short cold spell with snow, then after a few days it warms up and the snow melts.  In other places, the temperature stays below freezing for weeks, and without fresh snowfall the snow stays on the ground and turns black and horrible.  Not pleasant at all.

We're supposed to be getting power cuts this winter, but fortunately with the internet, we can all learn how to make an igloo.  Apparently the air hole is important for some reason, not sure what. :-

It looks to me like oxygen won't come through the cold sink, since that area will fill with heavier carbon dioxide. With no oxygen coming in, the rest of the igloo will also fill up with carbon dioxide unless airholes are put in.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

I've actually been obliged to build one of those before.  It's not quite as easy as that little guide makes it look.  In fact, it's downright impossible.  I have no idea how the Eskimos do it.  Were I ever in a situation that truly required it, I'd just bury myself with an air hole rather than trying my hand at arctic construction again.

It all depends on if you have the right snow. Most of the stuff we get is too powdery to make a good "brick".

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Once in a great while it snows up in the hills here - the sort of snow that usually melts by noon, or at the most a couple days. When this happens, people from the cities like to drive up in their pick ups and shovel the stuff into the back, drive back down, and have snowball fights in the middle of suburbian San Jose.

Otherwise, you have to drive 5 or 7 hours to see snow.

Pretty pictures. Haven't been in snow in some time. Most we get is icy windows when the temps get close to or slightly below freezing. :-

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts