Which pathes/fixes for Kotor2?

<SP

Im re-installing Kotor2 soon, and i was wondering which patches/fixes i should get?

Ive heard bad things about 1.0b patch, but i think im still getting it. 1.0a is a "must have" ...is it?

All the fixes from team.gizka--absolutely!

Are there more vital fixes to k2 that i dont know about? The media patch isnt that important to me, because ive got a slow connection and theyre huge files! And they dont really "fix" anything...

well, I got the 1.0b patch. Didn't do any harm to me so I kept it. 1.0a you can get only if you're not in the US. I find it ironic because 1.0a fixes the manual when 1.0b breaks it again. :wacko: You should definitely get the media patch. Videos and sound are noticably better. There are also various usermade fixes for all kinds of problems encountered.

Hmmm, is there a way to *uninstall* patch 1.0b?

I take it you don't want to un-install it without taking the time uninstalling the whole game - pretty sure you can't (you can't in most games anyway)

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

well, I got the 1.0b patch. Didn't do any harm to me so I kept it. 1.0a you can get only if you're not in the US. I find it ironic because 1.0a fixes the manual when 1.0b breaks it again. :blink: You should definitely get the media patch. Videos and sound are noticably better. There are also various usermade fixes for all kinds of problems encountered.

Hi there.

I also installed the media update patches (music and video), but noticed no difference. I may be wrong about the music, but the rendered scenes are still shown in the same resolution as before (640x480). I have the latest patch (1.0b). Can someone clarify this for me? Do I have to change any special settings to make the videos actually show in higher resolution/quality?

Thanks.

I'm hoping this won't be considered a hijack.

I can't seem to get the patches off of the nZone site. More specifically, I can't get the .exe files.

My default setup is Firefox 1.0.7 w/ GetRight, but I've tried downloading without GetRight, Firefox 1.5RC3 with & without, IE6SP1 with/without, and even tried FTP. Is there some issue that I might be having, though I can download .exe files from other sites, or is it something with nZone?

I had problems one time because I think I installed too many mods - a new error happened that I hadn't seen before. I recommend being very selective - the Telos Academy one and the Handmaiden Cutscene one only. However, you might get lucky and have no trouble if you install everything available. :sorcerer:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I'm hoping this won't be considered a hijack.

I can't seem to get the patches off of the nZone site.  More specifically, I can't get the .exe files.

My default setup is Firefox 1.0.7 w/ GetRight, but I've tried downloading without GetRight, Firefox 1.5RC3 with & without, IE6SP1 with/without, and even tried FTP.  Is there some issue that I might be having, though I can download .exe files from other sites, or is it something with nZone?

Working here on firefox

What if I wanted to kill the other bounty hunters but still have the Twi'leks chase me?

I also installed the media update patches (music and video), but noticed no difference. I may be wrong about the music, but the rendered scenes are still shown in the same resolution as before (640x480). I have the latest patch (1.0b). Can someone clarify this for me? Do I have to change any special settings to make the videos actually show in higher resolution/quality?

Thanks.

I think your monitor has to support 1600x1200.

What if I wanted to kill the other bounty hunters but still have the Twi'leks chase me?

Can someone post a screenshot of what a movie looks like when it's HQ? I installed the media patch and my monitor supports 1600*1200 but the movies still seem quite crappy looking to me.

Ditto.

My monitor will suppor 1600x1200, and I have the HQ patch, but they still show up as the smaller resolution, poorer graphics movies.

:luck:

evil_twin.jpg