Bruce Lee has failed us all

kumquatq3

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20051127/ennew...ia_051127221934

MOSTAR, Bosnia-Hercegovina (AFP) - A new statue honouring late martial arts legend Bruce Lee was vandalised hours after it was unveiled in this southern Bosnian city, police and witnesses said.

"We have received reports that the statue has been damaged. We are currently investigation the incident," a police officer in Mostar said.

The life-size bronze statue of the kung fu cinema icon in a defensive position holding nun chucks, part of kung fu equipment, was unveiled during an emotional ceremony here Saturday.

The chain and one of the nun chucks' sticks were missing and empty wine bottles were scattered around the statue in a city park, according to an AFP reporter.

Several dozen citizens gathered in the park on Sunday morning and expressed their disgust.

"It is a crime!" said one.

"Once again we've shown what Balkan savageness is!" lamented another in disbelief.

The only thing they could agree upon was to disagree. That's the only lesson taught here.

I thought the only thing they could agree on was that killing everyone in the other group was the solution to all their problems. :-"

You didn't read it?

"Lee was chosen as a hero that all ethnic groups could relate to in a city that remains bitterly divided after fierce fighting between Croats and Muslims during the country's 1992-95 war."

Correction: Since they haven't already wiped out each other, the only thing they actually seem to agree on is not wipe out each other. They just can't relate to anything else in unison.

(Signatures: disabled) 

Obviously someone tried to give it a karate kick. I blame interactive exhibits at museums.

I watched Bruce Lee films all night once with a crowd of drunk Japanese students, before I could speak the language. I can testify to his ability to bring people of different cultures together in mutual semicomprehension and beer.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

The only thing they could agree upon was to disagree. That's the only lesson taught here.

I thought the only thing they could agree on was that killing everyone in the other group was the solution to all their problems. :-"

You didn't read it?

"Lee was chosen as a hero that all ethnic groups could relate to in a city that remains bitterly divided after fierce fighting between Croats and Muslims during the country's 1992-95 war."

Correction: Since they haven't already wiped out each other, the only thing they actually seem to agree on is not wipe out each other. They just can't relate to anything else in unison.

Yeah, I read it. I also read about how that statue was vandalised. Obviously, someone isn't agreeing about disagreeing. :-"

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

You didn't read it?

Yeah, I read it. I also read about how that statue was vandalised. Obviously, someone isn't agreeing about disagreeing. :-"

This may sound kinda flameish, but...are you stupid or just really, really dense or simply opposing solely for the purpose of opposing?

It's a very short text and it's very clear, but let me help you and cut it really short.

"Lee as hero all ethnic groups relate to"

vandalized = not all relate

not kill all, some still live = agree not kill all

(Signatures: disabled) 

Wait, there's a bruce lee stature is Bosnia?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Wait, there's a bruce lee stature is Bosnia?

...that has failed us, correct

How has it failed us? Seriously, statues don't really serve any purpose other than looking nice in the middle of nowhere, and maybe a reminder of something. In this case however, good old Bruce was in movies, which is plenty reminder of how cool he was. :huh:

My point...the artist should beat the hell out of whoever vandalized his statue, and everyone else should stop caring.

words are weightless here on earth

because they're free