KOTOR 1 and 2 Comparison..which is better?!?!?

Me too, Visc. Me too.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

^Don't take that up again. It went nowhere last time.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I think it's got to be K1.

K1 has better story, and as good a gameplay as K2.

K1 has better enemy in Malak, tho Traya was decent.

K2's party members I prefered, mostly cos of Mir/Hanharr, G0-T0 HK and Mandalore, tho HK, Canderous and Carth were good for K1.

Planet-wise-K1. K2's Telos and Nar Shaddaa were good, but Korriban was, to be frank, a load of crap. Onderon and Dxun were good, but Peragus s***ed. Dant on K1 was really glitchy, but I liked most of the other plaents, and I liked Korriban on this one tons more.

So, thru all of that, K1 wins.

K1 better overall imho...

Can say why, probably because K2 was so darker... and influence made it so that party members either treated me like we were lifelong pals after 3 conversations or shut me out completley... i liked gradual progression in that department like in k1....

And the planets were so frikin empty.... telos, manaan just felt much "fuller" than telos station or even duxun to me.... not to mention peragus, koriban, duxun jungle... almost made me scyzofrenic :thumbsup:

The games are quite equal to me.

Stroywise K2 seems to have a better stroy, but not that good reailsation, for reasons which are well known.

The party members seem equal to me. Both games have some good and useful characters.

The planets in K1 are better. They were more "polished", it seems.

There are some really good locatios in K2, though(Dxun, Peragus(well, partly) and Telos for example)

The gameplay in K2 was better. Is simply is K1's gameplay, but with a significant number of changes. It is great that new combat animations were added.

Simply said, both games are very good.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

Kreia has a interesting story behind her, as does MIra, Visas, and most definatly Atton, so i cant see why people would think the characters in K1 were "farm superiour", im not syaing kriea isnt annoying as hell....

But really...if i has to rate these games...i would give k1 9.8 and k2 a 9.9 just barely better...barely....barely...and i mean barely,....i dont use that word lightly, in fact i barely use that word...haha...i need sleep.... :thumbsup:

I liked the music for both of the games. Jeremy Soule did the first Kotor and I've been a fan of his since IWD.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Story-KOTOR 1, due to the butchering done in Kotor2 and the many plotholes left behind

Party Members-Draw. Both have good and bad characters.

Locations-Kotor1, especially Peragus and Malachor were boring, and the other planets of Kotor2 claustrophobic. Miss the big spaces like the desert of Tatooine, or Dantooines maps...

Content-KOROR 2, but this should not be surprising, being a sequel and all..

Diffuculty-KOTOR 1, overall harder, but Deck2 of the SF was just Freaking annoying...

NPC's-Kotor1, there were alot more intersting NPC's in Kotor1 and alot more life was visible in the planets population. Ofcourse this is due to Kotor2's darker setting, but still...

Quests- Kotor1. In Kotor1 you had many side-quest totally independant of the main story. Most side quests in Kotor2 were needed for the main quest. Note the lack of [Optional] quests are in your journal...

Enemies- Draw. Both had an nice variation of soldiers, Sith and planet creatures...

Party memeber story-Kotor 1, due to the fact NPC's in Kotor1 just had alot more convo lines for every member..., cause; influence system...

Music- Kotor1, altough I have to admit I didn't play long with the "Music&Movie patch"

Glitches- Kotor2, no need to explain...see that linkie in my sig :-"