Is revan stupid or smart for leaving his friends

Also, if he took everyone into the unknown regions, then when the Sith found out that he was so powerful they couldn't attack him directly, they'd just attack his party.

You're almost making Revan some sort of god-like Jedi! If the "True Sith" do find Revan a match then they would find others like Jolee and Bastila not being pushovers themselves.

Revan's the strongest/smartest person of his era...

What if I wanted to kill the other bounty hunters but still have the Twi'leks chase me?

Shudve stayed wiv party.Luke didnt leave Han, Chewie and Leia, so why shud Revan. If he/she's gonna face the True Sith, surely he cud do wiv all the help he cud get.

Also, if he took everyone into the unknown regions, then when the Sith found out that he was so powerful they couldn't attack him directly, they'd just attack his party. Think how he would feel if he'd taken everyone he cared about and got them all killed because of it. He realised that the best thing was to leave them behind.

Stop making him out like some rock with a feelbe-minded heart. To find four star maps he needs nine peeps helping him take out selkath, wookiees and amatuer sith. Now, he's goingto take the 'true sith'. if star maps need 9 people, that would need a fair few too. Also, he is used to leading people to death for a mission (Mandalorian Wars, Jedi Civil Wars), you dont think he cares for these people. And, also, you make him look like a lover, 'how would you feel if you lead peopleto their deaths?'. Answer: He lead millions to death on Malachor V. If this is so essential to him, he's not gonna hold back. Anyway, if he's so great he can do such a mission alone, I think that his party, which are almost as good, would be able to do it too. All in all, he shouldn't care about their lives, and its a hard battle so he needs all the numbers he can get. But hey! we got HK and Mandalore, cant spend all day crying.

Edited by Styur Voln

'how would you feel if you lead peopleto their deaths?'. Answer: He lead millions to death on Malachor V.

He was dark and twisted then - he killed many people at Malachor with his Mass Shadow Generator. He's reformed now. (Also, I doubt that there were millions that took part in the battle of Malachor V, but that's beside the point)

All in all, he shouldn't care about their lives,

Now not caring about life, regardless of whose it is, and how well they could take care of themselves, is just evil.

So there are really two questions here: if Revan was good, why would she leave her friends, and if she was bad, why would she leave her friends? Neither make much sense to me, especially the bad. All bad guys need minions along for the ride, to serve as rancor-distractors/snacks for example.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I guess I can make an explanation.

Revan didn't really leave his/her friends behind if LS. He set out tasks for them. Carth had to keep the republic strong. Canderous would reunite the Mandalorians, Zaalbar would rebuild Kashyyyk, maybe make it strong to prepare for the incoming invasion. Mission might work together with Zaalbar. Juhani, Jolee and Bastila went in hiding during the time of Kotor II but will maybe rebuild the Jedi order in Kotor III. We know that Revan took HK-47 and T3-M4 with him/her and send them back with the Ebon Hawk to find help.

If Revan was DS he/she didn't take Bastila with him because the bond would be more of a threat to them then a convenience. Also, Bastila could lead the Sith in Revan's absense.

Other then Bastila, he/she hasn't many other companions.

And when Revan was in the Unknown Regions he/she did try to find help and T3-M4 found it (the Exile).

I think that Revan will most likely have found other followers in the Unknown Regions. Revan needed others but didn't take his/her followers with him/her to the unknown regions because it was more convenient.

IIrc, Luke didn't leave Leia and Han behind in TESB which was the worst mistake he made.

Master Vandar lives!

IIrc, Luke didn't leave Leia and Han behind in TESB which was the worst mistake he made.

It wasn't a mistake though; costly but that's where he found out the whole "I am your father" business which was vital to the whole story...not that Revan could've known that.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)