Is revan stupid or smart for leaving his friends

What do you guys think about revan going out for the true sith? think its a suicide mission or very heroic? I kinda think its both at the same time. all the things he had that was good like Bastila and his friends. All I have to say is whoever makes K3 better make it a good reason for him to leave.

I pitty the fool who don't have the force.

Well I do think Revan has personal problems and Knowing the many ways of killing Jedi thru their friends. For their sakes, he rather keep their safe and knowing what they are naturally good at.

In Kotor 2, There are many "faces" of Revan thru out the game.

Canderous=Mandalore

Carth=Admiral

Bastila=Bondmate

I always presumed Revan went on a suicide mission - maybe realizing that he would bring doom to the Republic by staying its servant... This is why he went alone - he didn't want to bring doom to his companions as well, as they were innocent. And frankly, given what the developers have done to Revan, I hope I'll never see him again.

I can imagine a possible scene in K3 where you find Revan's tomb and the ruins of what was once the Sith Empire in the Unknown Regions - and Kreia's Force ghost saying: "Perhaps you were expecting some action, for you to fight side by side with Revan, and finally understand his decision to leave his friends behind. There is no great revelation, no fierce battles for you to fight. There are only these ashes."

Just kidding...

I think Revan left because he had a conscience. After seeing the error of his ways, I think he went to try to put things right, and to help keep the remains of the Republic intact. And, no, he was not stupid for leaving everyone behind. He didnt want to imperil the ones that he cared for, and only he knew what the true threat was.

I think Revan was right to go ;) Besides it leaves a perfect storyline left open for K3 (if its ever made) :-"

Edit:granted, I understand that the canon for Revan is male...but in my games, Revan is female...LOL :-

Edited by Guest

LOL

I think HE'S smart to leave them behind!

I mean, hes looking for the "true sith", who needs to hear Carth whining about his son and betrayal, Bastilla whining about if shes strong enough to ignore the dark side, Mission moaning about her brother, Zal saying the exact same thing over and over for entire trip, and Jollee giving only vauge answers.

In story wise though, it was a mistake by the writers.

No way Revan gets to go with out Zal (because of life debt) and Mission (following Zal).

I suspect Juhari would have also followed regardless of his wishs as for all intensive purposes, he is her teacher now, and she is his padawen with the Dant academy being destroyed. It was him that brought her back from the dark side and him that she was assigned to, to continue her training and learning of the light side. Regardless of actual power, she wasnt mentally ready to become a full jedi yet by the end of KotOR1.

He did take T3 with him (other wise he couldnt have sent T3 back to find the Exile. Which made sence.

Also makes sence Jollee not there (hes got his answer about Revans destiny already)

Carth not there (leading republic)

and Bastilla not there (to unstable and lacks self confidence for such challenges into the dark side).

I think Revan felt like HK-47 and decided to leave Carth, Bastilla and the other no gooders behind... :-"

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I do think he has many emotional problems he has to deal with too

Uh........what if you were a pretty good person, and you found out you were responsible for billions of deaths, AND the memories of it start to come back? I am putting this in my story. (second chapter almost done) I think he was very smart to leave all those he considered friends, including Bastila.

(Marine Axiom)

Sweat Dries

Blood Clots

Bones Heal

SUCK IT UP!

Shudve stayed wiv party.Luke didnt leave Han, Chewie and Leia, so why shud Revan. If he/she's gonna face the True Sith, surely he cud do wiv all the help he cud get. Overall, got to say stupid idea that was just an excuse to add T3, HK and Canderous in K2.

Shudve stayed wiv party.Luke didnt leave Han, Chewie and Leia, so why shud Revan. If he/she's gonna face the True Sith, surely he cud do wiv all the help he cud get.

It isn't quite the same thing as after ROTJ. Also, if he took everyone into the unknown regions, then when the Sith found out that he was so powerful they couldn't attack him directly, they'd just attack his party. Think how he would feel if he'd taken everyone he cared about and got them all killed because of it. He realised that the best thing was to leave them behind. However, that said, I get the feeling that Zaalbar would follow him anyway in order to honour his life-debt, and Mission would follow Zaalbar. Maybe if we meet up with Revan in KotOR 3, we'll also find Mission and Zaalbar.

I think the stupidist thing Revan has done was pick Malak as an aprentice

Apart from the whole 'turn evil and wipe out half the galaxy' thing?

Revan (reformed) was wrong to leave his friends. There's no way he would have survived the quest for the Star Maps and Star Forge without his companions, so why would he be able to survive against the True Sith? Plus, it's out of character. Revan, even good Revan, was supposed to be a great general, and a general doesn't balk at taking (sending, really) comrades into danger if it's necessary for the mission.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I suspect that Revan hatched some crafty, Revan-like plan to infiltrate the Sith and subtly cripple their empire from the inside. With Sith politics being what they are, taking his companions along would only put their lives in unnecessary danger. Many of them would probably be of more use in the Republic anyway.

Stupid or smart? Depends on whether or not he's successful.

Considering that KOTOR 3 (if it's made) will probably feature a new player character or put you back in the Exile's shoes, and the the Exile/new character will be instrumental in resolving the whole Sith situation, it seems likely that Revans crafty plan wasn't 100% successful, and he'll need at least some help.

Edited by Taran'atar

Also, if he took everyone into the unknown regions, then when the Sith found out that he was so powerful they couldn't attack him directly, they'd just attack his party.

You're almost making Revan some sort of god-like Jedi! If the "True Sith" do find Revan a match then they would find others like Jolee and Bastila not being pushovers themselves.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)