can sum1 fill me in

[serious response] Basically, the Republic and Mandalorian forces were fighting a stalemate battle on Malachor, and Revan's forces were too far away to assist them. Then, the exile decides to give the orders to activate the mass shadow generator (built by none other than bao-dur). The planet's gravity increases and all lifeforms on it are crushed. Then, the Republic wins. Yay. Then, the exile "feels the pain" of all those who died and becomes a wound in the force. Hooray. :mellow:

Edited by Mothman

[serious response] Basically, the Republic and Mandalorian forces were fighting a stalemate battle on Malachor, and Revan's forces were too far away to assist them.  Then, the exile decides to give the orders to activate the mass shadow generator (built by none other than bao-dur).  The planet's gravity increases and all lifeforms on it are crushed.  Then, the Republic wins.  Yay.  Then, the exile "feels the pain" of all those who died and becomes a wound in the force.  Hooray.  :-

Not only was *nearly* all life on M5 killed, the planet was twisted and ruined. The on;y building to actually survive the twisting of the planet was the acadamy. (Which if you ask me is rediculous)

Not only was *nearly* all life on M5 killed

I said that because I am 98% sure that Nahilius, whatever his name is, was on the planet's surface and somehow survived the MSG weapon's effect. I assume that's also how he got his life sucking power. I could be off on that though...

Edited by Cassidy

*Thread pruned*

Stay serious...or just don't post.

Anyway, if the answer was what happened on Malachor during the Mandalorian Wars see Mothman's post...

If you wonder what happened during the end of the game (spoilers)

So, you arive on Malachor and crahs, battle your way to the Trayus Academy. While doing that Remote activates the Massive Shadow Generator and gets ambushed by GO-TO. We never hear again what happens.

Also, if you are LS you should kill Hanharr as Mira. A needless additional battle, and we never see Mira again afterwards...

Once inside the academy, all of your teammates disappear to be never seen again, and you have to mindlessly battle against groups of Sith and Dark Jedi.

Finnally you arive at Sion, you kill him, then kill Traya after that and then you can get the enormous anti-climax end-animation of the game.

LS: The Undead Ebon Hawk flies you toward the Unknown Worlds to find Revan, even though T3 still has the navigation computer voice-locked

DS: You stay on Malachor, planning evil plots to take over the world.

And if you wonder WTF happened with Atris, HK and his Clones, or why you know about Nihilus among other things... they are never explained...

What do you mean why you know about Nihilus? Kreia and Visas tell you, huh.

Now about the navicomputer. It's strange why so many people don't understand it. The Ebon Hawk has never been to the Unknown Regions - Revan left it on Malachor, then took another ship. The sole purpose of the navicomputer-locking thing is to prevent you from learning the Ebon Hawk has been to Malachor, until it's the time.

What happened to Atris? This depends on you. Either you kill her, or leave her to rethink her life.

And if you haven't been told about the Restoration Project, it tries to deal with some of this.

Although kinda back to the original thing, I also found the whole Malachor V thing (actually the whole memory loss, or lack of information to the human player) bad because, for example, I was answering Atris' questions without even knowing what I did...but the answers model I do.

The Restoration Project will be good but personally the core problem is just the whole story they've chosen (as you may be able to tell from this thread.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Well, I was fond of the idea of "not knowing what you're answering"... It felt like generating the game's backstory on the fly. The character knows more than the player, so the player can learn something of the character's possible backstories from the available responses - and then choose what backstory they like. For example, choose the reason for joining the Mandalorian Wars during the conversations with Bao-Dur and Malak's vision.

Well, I was fond of the idea of "not knowing what you're answering"... It felt like generating the game's backstory on the fly.

At first I thought it was a bit like talking about Revan with Atton on Peragus (like you said, generating the backstory), but in some of those Malachor conversations like with Atris, I remember having the feeling that I chose the "wrong" option. Haven't played the game for ages and I'm not sure if this was part of it, but I remember playing, assuming that the theme was a bit like KotOR of you are the person you are today and not wanting to change the past, etc (lol, hard to explain).

I think I better get some rest :)

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Setting Revan's gender and alignment (and your previous lightsaber's appearance) through conversation smelled a bit like consensus reality (like telling everyone that your name is Adahn in Planescape: Torment, only to discover the real Adahn pop out from nowhere).

Considering the decisions, I've just realized that Kreia may have been subtly breaking the fourth wall (you obviously can't openly break the fourth wall in Star Wars) during the Rebuilt Enclave sequence. "Never doubt what you have done. All your decisions have brought you to this point." This may be referring to the player, unsure if they picked the right dialogue options throughout the game.

Like on Malachor, when Kreia says "Perhaps you were expecting some surprise <...> There is no great revelation, no great secret. There is only you." A not-so-subtle reference to K1 (and ESB, for that matter), and the first "you" (I'm not so sure about the second "you") obviously refers to the player, not the player character (Exile).

What do you mean why you know about Nihilus? Kreia and Visas tell you, huh.

Now about the navicomputer. It's strange why so many people don't understand it. The Ebon Hawk has never been to the Unknown Regions - Revan left it on Malachor, then took another ship. The sole purpose of the navicomputer-locking thing is to prevent you from learning the Ebon Hawk has been to Malachor, until it's the time.

What happened to Atris? This depends on you. Either you kill her, or leave her to rethink her life.

The fact that you knew all about the Ravager, even if it is never mentioned in the game. Togther with the fact he has a fleet he shouldn't have, there are people walking on Telos that shouldn't be there, and the fact that you shouldn't be there, or that there is a response to the Siths attack while there shouldn't be one...

Navi-computer: Then why do you fly off with the Hawk to the Unknown worlds in the end movie, and not with any other ship (neglecting here that the Hawk has been destroyed...)

Why did she turned all wicked evil and so. It is in the cut content, but not in the Final Retail Product... (so; both before meet 1 as after meet 1, and before meet 2)