Attacks outside Hospital

Dark Moth

Me too.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

When the two ambassadors from Morocco were taken hostage and the Morocco government was talking about declaring war on Al-queda if they didn't release them right away I was kinda hoping that the terrorists would feel lucky...would be nice to have the muslisms themselves headhunting those retards, but I guess they're just spineless as long as US are hurt too.

(Signatures: disabled) 

Oh come on people with all the latest anti-americanism and anti- religious topics here Mothman just felt the sudden urge to post some good old -we are the leaders of the 'free world' news....my favourite part is A series of insurgent attacks, including a car bomb that exploded outside a hospital as U.S. soldiers were handing out teddy bears and other gifts to children nearby :huh: - I mean talk about propaganda...

Yes yes my good people....those big bad insurgents struck that hospital while the US forces were doing their primary job why they attacked Iraq in the first place - handing out teddy bears on the Middle Eastern market, sales are a really bitch nowdays - gotta cut that deficit

Oh come on people with all the latest anti-americanism and anti- religious topics here Mothman just felt the sudden urge to post some good old -we are the leaders of the 'free world' news....my favourite part is  A series of insurgent attacks, including a car bomb that exploded outside a hospital as U.S. soldiers were handing out teddy bears and other gifts to children nearby :huh:  - I mean talk about propaganda...

Yes yes my good people....those big bad insurgents struck that hospital while the US forces were doing their primary job why they attacked Iraq in the first place - handing out teddy bears on the Middle Eastern market, sales are a really bitch nowdays - gotta cut that deficit

Oh shut it. Do your realize how hypocritical you're being? And I suppose all your attacks on America and religion aren't biased? And this actually had nothing to do with your articles. Believe it or not, the newspaper is actually pretty left-leaning, too. I suppose with you, it makes no difference, huh? If it has anything good to say about the U.S., it must be propaganda. :("

Now can we please be on-topic, people?

Edited by Mothman

The insurgents/terrorists have shown repeatedly that they are prepared to see heavy Iraqi civilian casualties resulting from their actions. Alas, this is nothing new. The US at least makes some effort to reduce civilian casualties, though arguably they should do more.

Soldiers should not be handing out gifts to children. That should be left to humanitarian workers or hospital officials. It exposes the children to an unnecessary risk, given that US soldiers are a prime target for insurgent attacks.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Soldiers should not be handing out gifts to children.  That should be left to humanitarian workers or hospital officials.  It exposes the children to an unnecessary risk, given that US soldiers are a prime target for insurgent attacks.

That's sad, but the sad part is that it's true. What kind of world do we live in when people are willing to sacrifice innocent children to hurt their enemies? Of course there will be civilian casualities in war, but targeting a hospital? If you hate our coutry, attack our bases, our camps, but leave innocent bystanders out of it. The bloody cowards should all be killed.

sig2.gif

I have no sympathy for those who purposely attack children, but the soldiers there were indeed making them a viable target. It is human nature to cause death and destruction. If we were not able to war with ourselves humanity's development would have stagnated and we would still be living in caves.

It is through war and death do we learn and expand. Those who are weak are destroyed and those who have the strength to carry on the death, pain, and atrocities shall push the human race to a new level of technology and culture. It is our nature to destroy each other. If we did not have that beastial instinct we would have gone extinct centuries ago through overpopulation.

Edited by Hades_One

I have no sympathy for those who purposely attack children, but the soldiers there were indeed making them a viable target.  It is human nature to cause death and destruction.  If we were not able to war with ourselves humanity's development would have stagnated and we would still be living in caves.

It is through war and death do we learn and expand.  Those who are weak are destroyed and those who have the strength to carry on the death, pain, and atrocities shall push the human race to a new level of technology and culture.  It is our nature to destroy each other.  If we did not have that beastial instinct we would have gone extinct centuries ago through overpopulation.

I guess Malthus and Spencer are your best friends :-"

"Oh gawd, I hate that smiley."

Was it the rolleyes?

It's Mothman the nanny, make an educated guess.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Maybe the insurgents don't want kids to be corrupted with infidel toys and candy.  IIRC this happened at a sewage plant opening too.

:( Toys? Heaven forbid!

I just think it's most sad how they're willing to sacrfice 40 of their own people, children too, if it means two of our guys will die. How on earth do they hope to win support that way? All that shows is that they really have no concern for their own people.

Edited by Mothman

Wow. I don't know what is more repulsive, the act itself or some of the comments in this thread.

Y'know, actually admitting that blowing up a few dozen kids is a vicious act doesn't automatically make you an nasty, rotten and thoroughly dispicable "America lover." It's okay to stand up and say that deliberately murdering children is a bad thing to do.

It's a bad thing, sure. I just can't agree with the "democrazing" of Iraq, or the continued American garrison. Can't they see that they're killing the country?

kirottu said:

It's a bad thing, sure. I just can't agree with the "democrazing" of Iraq, or the continued American garrison. Can't they see that they're killing the country?

We're not the ones killing the country right now. Granted, we didn't help it by boming the heck out of them and disbanding the army. But right now, the terrorists are the reason things in Iraq are so bad. Either they target us or Iraqis working with us. Regardless, it's always the innocents who suffer most, as shown in the linked article. They're the ones killing the country. If they really wanted us out, they'd stop setting car bombs all over the place. The fact that they're willing to sacrifice so many innocents in the process shows they really don't care about helping the Iraqi people, just killing us. But you see, it's a cycle: they blow people up in hopes of getting us out, but we stay there because they keep blowing things up. :huh:

As for the whole "democracizing" of Iraq, I have no problem with Iraq being a democracy, I just think the entire thing was handled poorly. We jumped in too fast, didn't really bother to think about the repercussions, and didn't prepare ourselves for a long, hard-fought occupation. And worse, we did it almost alone. I just don't think we were really prepared to keep the peace. And sadly, Bush may be too idealistic for his own good. To put it bluntly, I'm not sure the Iraq or the Middle East is really ready for democracy.