Religious video games

Hildegard

First of all let me say that I'm Catholic, but these 'American Christians' are one crazy bunch of people, I mean religious video games??!! :ermm: Just makes me wonder what they'll come up with next to get an extra buck

But hey America is one of best examples of exploiting religion for financial means, not to mention political <_<

The Cathecumen were real by the way.

Ahem, I don't exactly mind games with religious themes, but I do mind the lack of blood and gore. :ermm:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

:huh: Erm... what's the linkage... pointing at... how's scrapbooks related to games?  :ermm:

I couldn't link the video directly-some problems.....but if you look on the right side of the linked cnn page you'll see a shortcut to the mentioned video.

.oOoh.. Well, if you get that problem again, just press <Alt+n> and you'll get a full window with an address field :huh:

(Signatures: disabled) 

If anyone looked at the video, the actual gameplay looks just like a normal FPS, with Constantine-style Cross magic shooter things replacing guns, and the like.

Spiritual Warfare games... much more dangerous.

:huh: Erm... what's the linkage... pointing at... how's scrapbooks related to games?  :huh:

I couldn't link the video directly-some problems.....but if you look on the right side of the linked cnn page you'll see a shortcut to the mentioned video.

.oOoh.. Well, if you get that problem again, just press <Alt+n> and you'll get a full window with an address field :huh:

:huh: Erm... what's the linkage... pointing at... how's scrapbooks related to games?  :ermm:

Just watched the video. They described the new christian games as "spiritual warfare" I think its fine. I don't give a damn, even if they do add the incest, rapes, torture and gore of the book.

That kid is a MegaDork. :huh:

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

First of all let me say that I'm Catholic, but these 'American Christians' are one crazy bunch of people, I mean religious video games??!! :ermm:

The games are just like any other and it's far from new. Any game that includes vampires and undeads that are susceptible to damage from divine sources are kinda religious in nature as well as Diablo and a lot of Fantasy & D&D games like Planescape: Torment...and Doom.

What's really retarded is actually listening to bs by the adults in that show, imo.

(Signatures: disabled) 

They should make a RTS game that involves various religious states battling each other for control. I mean if Christians., Jews, and Muslims do it in real life in the middle east why not make a bloody game out of it. I mean, the player could spawn suicide bombers or Israeli special forces, or even some slackjaw Texan marine that looks like Arnold the Governator. It would be a blast! (w00t)

I dunno...religious novels, religious movies, religious games. I don't see anything weird about it. Just another genre for people who might like them.

But I probably won't be buying any of them.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

^^What LadyCrimsonsaid. Don't forget about religious music. What's so weird about it? Besides, these things will most likely be an educational tools more than anything else. Now if they wanted to make some sort of Jihad simluator, that might be a little weird. :huh:

Edited by Mothman

Every time I hear Christian Rock it makes me laugh because it's a oxymoron. How many Christian religious figures have said that

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

:huh:

I prefer Conan's hell. At least you could fight your way back if you died.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

They should make a RTS game that involves various religious states battling each other for control.  I mean if Christians., Jews, and Muslims do it in real life in the middle east why not make a bloody game out of it.  I mean, the player could spawn suicide bombers or Israeli special forces, or even some slackjaw Texan marine that looks like Arnold the Governator.  It would be a blast!  (w00t)

That would be so cool. Than you the heathen can nuke the damned world to ash. Go meet your maker you bastrds.

They should make a RTS game that involves various religious states battling each other for control.  I mean if Christians., Jews, and Muslims do it in real life in the middle east why not make a bloody game out of it.  I mean, the player could spawn suicide bombers or Israeli special forces, or even some slackjaw Texan marine that looks like Arnold the Governator.  It would be a blast!  (w00t)

That would be so cool. Than you the heathen can nuke the damned world to ash. Go meet your maker you bastrds.

Yes and then a jihadist comes with a suit case nuke in your town and detonates it.....and then you can stand in line with him while awaiting your creator.