KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Please feel free to contribute to the ongoing discussion. There is a lot of interest in this topic and keeping input centralised and presented in a clear and articulate manner will have more impact and influence than posting to the contrary :-

Please do not post if you do not have anything constructive to add. There are new members arriving all of the time - so post with respect and in a constructive nature. If you do not, I will act as though the intent is to SPAM!

See previous threads:

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Please do not post if you do not have anything constructive to add. There are new members arriving all of the time - so post with respect and in a constructive nature. If you do not, I will act as though the intent is to SPAM!

I feel for you, Fion. I really do.

Ahem, once again I present the idea of a tragic death or self-sacrifice to the jury of geeks who undoubtely will rush to this thread in the morning and following days. I feel that the idea merits discussion, as although the concept is ageless and crystallised in hero myths and the like, where from traditional rpg stories summon their themes, it has not yet been used well at all in rpgs.

I'd like K3 to change that.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Reposting this here as other was locked.

Thanks Fion for new thread, now just need spam removed :)

Finished playing K1 for tenths time and some things became appearent about game that were missing in K2 and could be the cause of some of the complaints about it.

So since Obsidian has said they WANT to make K3, here are some suggestions (general stufff, not storyline related) for them. And the fact the K3 thread is to long and unweildy to keep posting in now.

-K1 had a epic feel to it that K2 was missing. Playing K1 you felt as though your PCs actions actually did impact the rest of those around you. In K2 you had more a personal acheivement feeling. Your actions impacted you and your party members but didnt impact the republic as a whole. Even when your actions were on behalf of the republic, they felt more like personal victories and game lacked that EPIC feel to it that you found in K1.

- NPC side quests. I personally loved K2 npcs (or most of them) but the NPC party member side quests in K1 did infact add alot of depth to the game. Turning your party members to jedi in K2 was great but there should have also been side quests that effected them so you could grow your bound with them become more attached to them.

- Murder trial - After replaying this one side quest, it occured to me how deperately needed something like this was needed in K2. It was well written and created a awsome diversion from the main storyline, and unlike Bastillas or Missions side quests, it was involved and not just go kill something to be victorious. The depth of this is what made it special.

-Side games - Welp what can I say, they annoyed me personally in K1, and K2 making the swoop bikes even harder made iut that less fun. Unlike many players I dont have the hand eye co-ordination to complete the swoop side games. Both K1 and K2 need difficulty settings so people of all skill levels have a chance to complete these. Personally speaking though, I think both games needed more arena combat spread over different worlds and less pazaak and swoop racing. Also I desperately wanted to see how Nico quest turns out but as I said, dont have the hand eye co-ordination to win (even on easy setting) the swoop races so had to give up on that quest.

These just a few generic things you mi ght wanna keep in mind for any upcoming RPGs but specifically K3.

*redundancy check error: buffer flooded, to much spam in previous threads, analysis incomplete*

- Tough enemies: I want fewer, but harder to kill enemies, that'll each have a chance to ask for mercy i.e. no more or much less cannonfodder i.e. fights that matter. Also longer fights where you get to use more and different force powers.

- Tactical combat: I would like to see critical hits that visually affect the enemy other than simply hitpoints i.e. a chance to decapitate or cripple limbs (tactical hits, like in good old Fallout, should have a higher chance when using those truly devastating lightsabers).

- Fighting moves: If more moves (to hit or parry) are added that would be really cool, like and not like power attack and flurry, but more like actual fencing.

(Signatures: disabled) 

Make tasks and quests the only source of experience and make combat rarer and harder= Less combat-heaviness and more satisfying gameplay

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Oh yeah, and remove all combat XP :) Make XP gain come from things you accomplish, not just murdering things. (unless you're DS)

And add cool helmets and masks :p

And add robes with hoods :)

And add droid construction :)

And add Sith Alchemy so I can create cool weapons and armor and turn my NPCs into will-less drones with fantastic combat abilities who follow my every command :)

Precisely.

kirottu said:

I'd like to see less Force Powers, but more useful ones. I also think that you shouldn't just 'buy' a Force Power. I think it'd be nice to start with say Force Push-5 yards. Then, as your character grows, Force Push- 10 yards, 15 yards, then Force Whirlwind.

How can a LS Jedi not be affected by the deaths of the masses that lay butchered in the wake of his progress. Totally soaked in blood. Should be a penance of some kind. A little move towards the DS for each kill.

It would be cool that somewhere in the game you would be given a choice of unique (and upgradable) robes (hodded or not), masks and lightsaber hilts to dress your DS user with.

Lightsabers should also have a x% of breaking the opponent weapons (like 30% for swords, 15% for blasters, and less then 5% for lightsabers.)

2 or maybe 3 totally differents storylines (LS, DS , Gray) not just one that have some changes depending on your actions.(maybe too much asking here but we can all hope)

How can a LS Jedi not be affected by the deaths of the masses that lay butchered in the wake of his progress. Totally soaked in blood. Should be a penance of some kind. A little move towards the DS for each kill.

The game would be almost impossible to playthrough LS then. And also, most of the people you kill are your enemies, who need to be brought to justice. Hence, a Jedi.

Hello

More KOTOR III Talk?

I hope you guys don't mind me posting more KOTOR III stuff I just can't help it . OKay I was just browsing www.teamxbox.com and it just very briefly said something about Star Wars KOTOR sequel. I'm not sure if they mean't KOTOR II or not but I think they are more likely refering to KOTOR III. But any way take a lookie for you self.

Xbox360 In Bad Need Of RPG's

We know that sometime in the future, the Xbox 360 will have RPGs like Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect, Jade Empire sequel, Fable sequel, Star Wars: Knight of the Old Republic sequel and the like. But Microsoft should not give up getting established RPG franchises and if they have to make big deals with the respective owners of them, then they should go for it!

Linkie: http://community.teamxbox.com/xbox/1369/TX...he-Xbox-360/p1/

I just stumbled upon this by accident. Of course I was looking for KOTOR III in the list and they did mention somethnig about a KOTOR word.

any way

Enjoy

-Bassy

Sorry, there's still no K3 in production.

kirottu said:

The game would be almost impossible to playthrough LS then. And also, most of the people you kill are your enemies, who need to be brought to justice. Hence, a Jedi.

You may be the judge and jury, but executioner as well? That seems a bit too evil. In K1 during your initiation for Jedi there's a similar judge/jury role, but the perpetrator is returned to the enclave. Combined with @metadigitals idea a la "Bloodlines" (exp for quests only, even though there is plenty of combat to be had if you so desirre) and my idea about more enemies yielding, the LS jedi could be about returning those offenders to court for trial...but in any case: killing enemies at an alarming rate, that's just too much bloodshed for a LS I think.

You may be the judge and jury, but executioner as well? That seems a bit too evil. In K1 during your initiation for Jedi there's a similar judge/jury role, but the perpetrator is returned to the enclave. Combined with @metadigitals idea a la "Bloodlines" (exp for quests only, even though there is plenty of combat to be had if you so desirre) and my idea about more enemies yielding, the LS jedi could be about returning those offenders to court for trial...but in any case: killing enemies at an alarming rate, that's just too much bloodshed for a LS I think.

It IS evil. Even in the frontierland of the Wild West of the USA post Civil War, it was encumbent upon the Marshals to bring evil-doers back to justice under a judge (viz. the eminent historical exegesis Hang 'Em High:)").

Taking this idea further, non-lethal combat could actually become a feature: deciding to disarm an opponent rather than to kill would be a (reversible) decision taken prior to combat: difficulty would necessarily be increased (it's a lot easier to lop someone's head off than to knock them out); success would mean that the bad guy(s) are incapacitated; choosing to change from non-lethal to normal combat would have no deleterious affect on the battle, but it would mean DS points when the opponent(s) were killed.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT