Gamespot ask people what games their thankful for

kumquatq3

Chris Avellone, Designer, Obsidian Entertainment

...as much as I wanted to avoid talking about the games we're doing at Obsidian, crunching has pretty much driven all other game-related thoughts from my mind (well, except anything related to Psychonauts, which I am also thankful for, and so are many of the guys here at work), and all I wish to say is that I am thankful, thankful, thankful we rebuilt the Neverwinter Nights 2 toolset from the ground up. We got another tutorial today on how the copying and pasting of prefab objects works from our very own Adam Brennecke, who showed us how to copy and save selected objects to a template, then re-import them as a group in the exact same positions from module to module (so you can do templates of bedrooms, bookcases with books on top of them, specific waypoint arrangements, cool torch settings with just the right particle effect, and so on), and I suddenly felt as powerful as...well, as powerful as a dungeon master. You know, the little guy from the cartoon. But not as cryptic.

LINKY to rest

Cheers, Kum.

Well, the article borders on the interesting, especially as they've bothered to decent people to comment instead of the usual petermoores and -molyneuxes, but that executive editor just takes the cake. Who the heck cares what they think, when every other freakin' article on that sit already tells that?

At least the "readers" they picked weren't complete blowholes. I wonder if they got anything, apart from the 5 minutes of questionable fame?

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

^Precisely.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

A lot of :p 's today, eh?

'Cheers' just stucks. It's an anglo-expression, but when it comes to forum-lingo, us europeans share a lot.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

In word; "Be cheered"?

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

No.

It's "sticks". I made a typo, you chimp-lover.

kirottu said:

No.

It's "sticks". I made a typo, you chimp-lover.

Ok, maybe in Euro-land, but over here it most definately would be "Stuck", as in:

"It just stuck with me" or "The nickname stuck"

or

""cheers" just stuck"

Sticks or stick would be used like:

"Do you think the nickname will stick?"

"My husband always sticks with me"

Whatever, you lover of hairy tree mammals.

kirottu said:

"Ooh ah ah eheheh"? Oh my, what caresses... :)

kirottu said:

Let's just say that it wasn't flattery, apekisser.

I should've written it as monkeynese.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

Hey, at least I don't have any love affairs with baboons.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said: