V:TM - Bloodlines

Musopticon?

...and in need of suggestions. Recently I managed to scratch my Bloonlines cd #1 till death, but I have the opportunity to get a new game for a relatively small amount of investment. This is, however, where I'm at loss. I need you people to suggest what I'm going to play as next. My last play'through'(managed to get the cd killed just before St. Leopold monastery) was as male Ventrue, who used melee and charms to survive. I was relatively nice to the Prince, but I would have sided with the Anarchs, if I'd got to choose. Right now, I'm thinking of starting the game as a Tremere female with blood magic and smarts to make through the world, fairly independent when it comes to choosing sides.

Even though I have the character quite well developed in my head(I prefer to 'roleplay' when I play roleplying games), I'm open to suggestions. Malkavians might be interesting because of sneaking and the insanity, but they lack the lovely melee capabilites my previous character had. Nosferatu on the other hand have both sneaking and raw power, but I'm not really into the whole leather thing. Then again I've always wanted to try the speed of Brujah, but brujahs feel rather lame in Bloodlines. Of course there is... and then..but no... You can see what's the problem, eh? :D

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I have played a female Tremere like that before, it was a lot of fun.

If you haven't played a Malk before though, you really need to, and you can always up the Melee trait gradually, or even put the History CVAR in and use that to give yourself an initial Merit/Flaw. (Merit in Melee of couse.)

I would definatly recommend the Malkavian for the same reasons Child suggested, but also because it has some of the most awesome dialogue i have ever found in a game. Also, im not sure if it's just the Malk's, but you get options in dialogue which allow you to strongly persuade people, which IMO is pretty cool, kind of like a Force Persuade in a SW game. Again, not sure if it's just Malks though... :(

Oooh, and also female, better to look at for a long time than a spiky-haired male :lol:

Ventrue also could use the gifts of vampirism to influence conversations. It was even a bit 'too' easy to solve problems as a Ventrue. Talk about force persusasion... :(

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Ventrue also could use the gifts of vampirism to influence conversations. It was even a bit 'too' easy to solve problems as a Ventrue. Talk about force persusasion... :(

Add to that ^ that a little imposed malkavian insanity works just as well to dodge some situations. Dealing with the food critic in Hollywood as a nossie is a guaranteed LOL. Try them.

(Signatures: disabled) 

"The dish tasted like grubs"?

kirottu said:

Oh. Thanks for correcting me then.

kirottu said:

I've played Tremere, Malkavian, Toreador, Nosferatu and Ventrue so far.

Nosferatu was the most "interesting" one to play (IMO), because of the added sneakiness requirement. Forget about running around in broad lamp light :D

Gave me a few surprises too as to how to solve some tasks that are normally solved through dialogue for other clans (since people don't really want to talk to you).

And the rats aren't really that bad either. Quite yummy if you get over the smell :-"

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I remember being really disappointed with the Nosferatu playthrough. Yeah, I had to be sneaky. So what? I was hoping that I'd be allied with the Nossie clans and get my orders directly from Gary (boss...). Instead, I get two different bits of dialogue from him, including a haven that is utterly useless by the time you get it, and impossible to find if you don't already know where it is.

I'd recommend being a Malk. BRILLIANT dialogue and their Dementation power is great as a weapon and a conversation influencer, so to speak. It's cool to kill people with your mind and have nobody else know. Plus, people react to you uniquely, and you can have arguments with your TV and a stop sign downtown.

I wanted to play a malkavian my first time through, but the character design for it was so horrid that I didn't want to go anywhere near it. And the Ventrue looked too much like a thug so I didn't bother with that either, I pretty much stuck with Tremere or Toreador.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

...and impossible to find if you don't already know where it is.

Lets face it, you were not meant to be a Nosferatu :D

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

:mellow:

The Nossie warrens felt like home to me, so I guess I might play as one next time. Then again, I liked talking to the Tremere primogen quite a bit.

kirottu said:

...and impossible to find if you don't already know where it is.

Lets face it, you were not meant to be a Nosferatu :D

Given time anything can be found, but unlike the chars we play, we are not immortals ourselves and our time is limited.

I too thought in the very beginning that the 'siding' was going to take place early on depending on which clan you picked. I picked a Brujah from an utterly creepy standpoint of 'continuing' my bloody adventure from Redemption. That line of discussion has seen a lot of wear and tear, so nm.

(Signatures: disabled) 

2 things...

First I was told when playing as a malk you hear 'voices' that give you direction during the game. There was only 2 or 3 instances of such during the entire story. So I felt jipped on that that level. But the dialog did somewhat make up for it as the insight dialog wise was more then the other clans in many cases. But the 'voices' would have been better IMO.

Also playing as a Tremere what do you have to do, to get the haven at the chantry?

Thanks for any help.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

2 things...

First I was told when playing as a malk you hear 'voices' that give you direction during the game. There was only 2 or 3 instances of such during the entire story. So I felt jipped on that that level. But the dialog did somewhat make up for it as the insight dialog wise was more then the other clans in many cases. But the 'voices' would have been better IMO.

I think the instances of 'insight' were classed as being the voices.

Weak excuses aside, I think a lot of the 'voices' were cut.

Spoilers, obviously.

IIRC, you have to deal with the Gargoyle in Chinatown for the Regent.  When you return, you get the haven.

You can also milk the XP by cutting the deal with the baron of Hollywood (not Chinatown) and then telling the Tremere Regent you'd taken care of it.

That is what I did since I felt bad for the Gargoyle.

Tremere my dear. They are much more civilized plus they have those neat blood spells.

Bloodlines is a demanding game when it comes to hardware. My ATI 9200 on my other computer ran slow graphic wise, while this computer ATI 9500 runs better and quicker.

Oh and make sure you have the patch installed.