Angry Handmaiden - Jedifiable (DS)?

maia

Well, I am playing the DS way currently and I wanted to get Hanharr and HK-47 as early as possible. So, I was afraid to gain influence with the Handmaiden, because I have heard that you can only get Hanharr if you are really deep into the DS and getting her influence almost brought my PC up to neutrality. Consequently, I reloaded and wanted to deal with her after Nar Shadaa... but then Visas joined, I got a little influence with her and suddenly the Handmaiden says how all is finished "between us".

Now, I was somewhat crushed by this developement (particulary since I was counting on getting that Wis to Def upgrade for my Sith Lord), but browsing this forum I saw that some characters can _also_ be jedified if Influence with them gets really low. Would loosing tons of Inf with the Handmaiden help her get over her jealous rage? I'd really like to have a Guardian along this time around - so if the situation with the Handmaiden is hopeless, I'd rather go anger Bao-Dur (who for some reason not only never became jedifiable in my LS female game, but actually started devolving into DS after I have got tons of Inf raises with him).

Any info would be welcome.

No, the conversation with Atton on Peragus II chooses Revans alignment, not the exiles. Your alignment is affected by your actions and conversation choices throughout the game.

To get back on topic, it is possible to turn party members into a jedi if you have more than 90 or less than 10 influence with them, so you could turn handmaiden into a jedi if you managed to lose a load of influence. However, she will become a jedi with the opposite alignment to you - meaning she will be a light jedi guardian seeing as you are darkside (If you were lightside, she would be a dark jedi)

I think that the conversation where handmaiden gets mad at you is triggered if you have more influence with Visas than Handmaiden. Im not sure if losing a lot of influence with Visas will allow you to become popular with Handmaiden again, but if you wanted to you could reload a save just before you talked to Handmaiden and she got mad at you, and gain loads of influence with her before you gain influence with Visas.

Edited by Grazza

To get back on topic, it is possible to turn party members into a jedi if you have more than 90 or less than 10 influence with them, so you could turn handmaiden into a jedi if you managed to lose a load of influence. However, she will become a jedi with the opposite alignment to you - meaning she will be a light jedi guardian seeing as you are darkside (If you were lightside, she would be a dark jedi)

And what if I were to get some influence with her _after_ turning her into a Jedi? I thought that the Sith Lord's "corruption" ability allows one to get the companions to mirror PC's alignment easier - i.e. with less influence? Also, if I pick her as a leader for the Dxun tomb, I can make her take several DS hits to her alignment directly, no?

I think that the conversation where handmaiden gets mad at you is triggered if you have more influence with Visas than Handmaiden. Im not sure if losing a lot of influence with Visas will allow you to become popular with Handmaiden again, but if you wanted to you could reload a save just before you talked to Handmaiden and she got mad at you, and gain loads of influence with her before you gain influence with Visas.

I can't reload. I got influence with Visas by doing various cruel things on Nar Shadaa, I am not replaying this whole planet. I meant, losing further influence with the Handmaiden - will it unlock training sequences and jedification again if I go down to > 10 influence? I don't care all that much if she has an opposite alignment.

There are two cutscenes that you can get if you have more influence with Visas than you do with Handmaiden.

1) If you have somewhat more, but not a large amount, influence with Visas, then there will be a cutscene on the Ebon Hawk where the two of them have a conversation.

2) If you have a lot more influence with Visas, then you'll get the same scene, but then Handmaiden will go talk to Kreia.

Once you get the cutscene where Handmaiden talks to Kreia, she (Handmaiden) will always respond to you by saying that there's nothing more between you two. When this happens, you will be unable to turn her into a Jedi, regardless of how much influence you gain (or lose) with her.

While she only responds to light side acts, I wouldn't worry about getting a few LS points early on, since you can much more easily get DS points later.

2) If you have a lot more influence with Visas, then you'll get the same scene, but then Handmaiden will go talk to Kreia. 

Once you get the cutscene where Handmaiden talks to Kreia, she (Handmaiden) will always respond to you by saying that there's nothing more between you two.  When this happens, you will be unable to turn her into a Jedi, regardless of how much influence you gain (or lose) with her. 

Aargh! Yes, it's the one I got. But is it the cutscene that signals the irreparable breakup, or the dialogue? If I saw the cutscene, does it mean that even if I don't talk with her on the Hawk - i.e. don't allow her to tell me off and apply myself to getting her Inf as high as Visas' by doing good deeds, she still will break up and remain unjedifiable? This just sucks!!

I am all for an irrevocable choice, but IMHO, it should have been a confrontation which should have given the player a chance to decide between the 2 of them once and for all, rather than something happening behind the scenes and me being presented with an accomplished fact.

Edited by maia

It doesn't matter you will still get Hanharr. Donmt you realize you already chose darkside when you talk to Atton about Revan when you say Revan saved the republic or when you said revan lead the sith against the jedi thats when you choose your alignment.

That's just there because (HUGE KOTOR1 SPOILER IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED IT)

In KOTOR I, after hearing about the legendary, world-saving/destroying Revan for the whole game, you discover that you ARE Revan. KOTOR II allows you to have the game to refer to your KOTOR I character's gender and alignment accurately