What if Kreia hadn't intervened...

Sikon

EDIT: The last time he gave it up on his own free will.

It's difficult to tell if that's true - The game contradicts itself.

I just beat the game again today so I think I am on a roll.

Towards the end of the game it looks as if when the echo of Malachor reached him he was faced with a choice, give up the Force or die. From what I can piece together, it seemed like everyone who refused to part with the force perished and the Exile just let it all go. He became his own little catalyst for the Force echos like Malachor and when he reconnected with the force he grew the ability to acquire a greater and greater connection to the force from others and it is some how relative to the way Nihilus simply drained an entire planet of the force and life itself. He apparently has the same ability to seek out others in the force and connect with them as the sith that are hunting the jedi and that is why they were so afraid of him. His eyes were opened to a whole knew understanding about the Force after simply letting go of the force.

Sources: Jedi Enclave meeting and optional dialog between Sion and the LS Male Exile.

Edited by Master_Vrook

Doubtful the council could have severed ties of the Force from you. The Exile took themselves away from the Force and eventually it came back. The Exile is back stronger than ever. The Exile is the death of the Force as Kreia put it. See what happened to Nilhus when he tried to drain the Force energy from you? He became weaker for it. If the council tried to do that with the Exile it would probably back fire on them.

What do you think would have happened if Kreia wouldn't have stopped the Council from cutting Exile off from the Force? Would they have succeeded?

I doubt a Padawan could take out 4 Jedi Masters at the same time.

A padawan forced into such a confrontation would be like having a DS'er pulled on you or the council somehow, wouldn't it?

(Signatures: disabled) 

What I'm curious to know is how it would have went if the Exile's whole crew was there with her. It would have been interesting to hear them talk about why they follow the Exile

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Towards the end of the game it looks as if when the echo of Malachor reached him he was faced with a choice, give up the Force or die. From what I can piece together, it seemed like everyone who refused to part with the force perished and the Exile just let it all go. He became his own little catalyst for the Force echos like Malachor and when he reconnected with the force he grew the ability to acquire a greater and greater connection to the force from others and it is some how relative to the way Nihilus simply drained an entire planet of the force and life itself. He apparently has the same ability to seek out others in the force and connect with them as the sith that are hunting the jedi and that is why they were so afraid of him. His eyes were opened to a whole knew understanding about the Force after simply letting go of the force.

Sources: Jedi Enclave meeting and optional dialog between Sion and the LS Male Exile.

Yes, but the choice is not between dying or giving up the force.

The point to remember here is why Revan chose to let the final battle take place on Malachor V (and yet not be there himself). Pay close attention to what Kreia tells the LS Exile after she kills the last masters on Dantooine.

Kreia: "There is a place in the galaxy where the dark side of the Force runs strong. It is something of the Sith, but it was fueled by war. It corrupts all that walks on its surface, drowns them in the power of the dark side - it corrupts all life. And it feeds on death. Revan knew the power of such places... and the power in making them. They can be used to break the will of others... of Jedi, promising them power, and turning them to the dark side.Did you never wonder how Revan corrupted so many of the Jedi, so much of the Republic, so quickly?The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion.Culminating a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from... save one.And that is what I sought to understand. How one could turn away from such power, give up the Force... and still live. But I see what happened now. It is because you had no choice.It is because you were afraid."

Revan used the corrupting effect of Malachor to turn the jedi under his command to the dark side - he used it as a conversion tool and saw to it that those that did not turn were killed. Note how this ties in with what HK-47 later tells the Exile.

HK-47: "Observation: Master, that was the lesson of Malachor. Any Jedi involved in the systematic slaughter on such a scale cannot help but doubt and question themselves.Observation: Master, I do not believe that the Mandalorians were the true target at Malachor - I believe that the intention was to destroy the Jedi, break their will, and make them loyal to Revan.I do not know if you examined the records of the deaths on Malachor, but you cannot escape that many of the Jedi and Republic soldiers who died were not Revan's strongest supporters. Observation: I believe that Revan was "cleaning house" at Malachor V. What ones did not die became Revan's allies against the Republic."

What Kreia and HK-47 describe here applies to any and all jedi... save one - the Exile. He alone turned away and resisted the corruption of Malachor that made all other jedi fall to the dark side. He did this by cutting himself off from the force as he would cut off an arm infected by gangrene or similar, except on a mental level.

He did not do so consciously, however. Note how the Exile repeatedly asks the masters why they cut him off from the force and the masters continue to protest that they never did such a thing (not that they couldn't - they just didn't). The Exile cut his own connection to the force to resist the corruption, but he did so intuitively and subconsciously. And it was a violently powerful act that left a wound in the force. This wound is at the very heart of the plot in KotOR2, since it has massive consequences, one of which was the birth of Nihilus, as the masters point out - somehow the Exile is connected to Nihilus and they share a similar power to feed on the force through others. This is what the masters fear and why they want to cut the Exile off from the force - to end the inherent threat that he represents to the force, whether he knows it himself or not.