My Pokemon Party

Espeon - Psychic

Main duty is to take out poison and fighter types. High special attack also allows him to burn right through most things with below average special defence. Bite is an anti psychic and ghost weapon made effective by the high special attack.

Kind of delicate on physical defence and toast against a dark pokemon since his attacks are either useless (dark is immune to psychic) or low damage.

Tediursa - Normal

Very high base attack and a high relationship count makes it's return attack very

strong. The addition of brick break (reward for colloseum battle) makes it a good stand in for a fighter type and the high attack mitigates the lack of STAB (same type attack bonus). Fake tears means it works well in combo with special attackers like Espeon and Voltorb. And can even allow Golbat to do respecable damage with bite in a pinch.

Houndour - Fire/Dark

Primarily used for an anti plant and anti bug attack it's also a very effective ghost and psychic "killer". Charm attack drops physical attackers damage quite significantly for protracted encounters. Has high enough special defence to take all but the strongest water attack and survive (barely).

Nuzleaf - Plant

Nuzleaf has one purpose. To get rid of those annoying ground/water mixes. It can also learn some useful TM's.

Voltorb - Electricity

Voltorb deals with flying and basic water types. It also acts as the stunner for capturing shadow pokemon. Since shadow attacks are super effective on non shadow pokemon it's not purified like the others.

Golbat - Flying/Poison

Golbat is a new addition. Captured as a Zubat from a pokespot it leveled quickly and soon evolved. It's primary mission is to get rid of lotads since both it's types will focus on the plant while being able to ignore the water. It also makes a dandy anti bug ,plant and fighter.

(This lineup will almost invariably change throughout the game. Actually thats a given since I plan to add a Larvitar as soon as I can). Espeon and Tediursa should make it to the end game though although Tedi will evolve into an Ursaring and will look less teddy bear and more grizzly bear.

Now for those pictures(in party order).

post-481-1132709474_thumb.jpg

post-481-1132709495_thumb.jpg

post-481-1132709519_thumb.jpg

post-481-1132709535_thumb.jpg

post-481-1132709553_thumb.jpg

post-481-1132709569_thumb.jpg

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Oh yes Tedi is a scary little beast. I forgot to add it comes with the pickup special ability , so not only is it effective in battle. It also scrounges up useful things like kings rocks and potions.

Sadly when it evolves into Ursaring it can't do that anymore :( . Although with a base attack of 4 per level I guess it dosnt really need to.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Pokemon will be like power rangers. they keep making more!

And for some reason I know most of the power ranger versions... that scares me.

>.>

<.<

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Ah fickle me swapped out Voltorb for Mawile . This one comes with false swipes which means that the attack will never reduce hp's below 1. Makes capturing a lot easier. It's a steel type too which makes it all but immune to a lot of attacks. Still gets shredded by shadow moves though.

It's a freaky looking little thing too.

post-481-1132717479_thumb.jpg

478327[/snapback]

What was the name of that fatter Pickachu?

Raichu :">

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I aquired this little character from an ingame trade earlier on. Swapped it for a whooper.

Might not look too impressive right now, but look what it grows up as. Oddly it came with outrage and dragon dance (both dragon moves) and dosnt have any ground moves. They really gave them some odd movesets in this game.

Thats Larvitar on the left and Tyranitar on the right (pupitar not shown).

post-481-1132748404_thumb.jpg

post-481-1132748420_thumb.jpg

478327[/snapback]

The question is why? That's something my little nephew would play.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Gaming Theory is obviously lost on you, then.

You are too interested in the pretty colours to understand the logic system that underpins it: much as the monk called Mendel determined the laws of heredity, so too the laws of gaming can be used for multiple applications (like warfare and free market trading).

Using the pretty characters is just a handy mneumonic for the character traits, short-cutting the learning and recognition process.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The question is why? That's something my little nephew would play.

I'm guessing you have never played it then. So are completely oblivious to just how complex the mechanics which lurk under those little monsters are.

Heres three very basic examples.

1. Fake Tears on a pokemon faster than your special attacker. Fake Tears will halve the special defence and almost certainly result in an OkO.

2. Sticking your own status effects on a pokemon with the guts trait while using the Facade attack. Poison works best for this, what happens is you get double the damage of facade plus a 1.5 increase in power for guts. That pretty much levels anything that dosnt resist normal.

3. Teeter Dance with own tempo. A pokemon with the own tempo ability is immune to confusion. Teeter Dance confuses everything on the battlefield except the user. The result is both of the opponents are confused, but your completely immune. Follow that up with Swagger (doubles attack power but leaves the target confused) and own tempo becomes a very useful ability. You can also do the same sort of thing by giving the pokemon a confusion cure berry to hold.

478327[/snapback]

Tediursa evolved into Ursaring.

Here are the before and after stats.

HP 80/94 SA 37/51

AT 64/94 SD 38/52

DF 41/56 SP 35/45

Heres a before and after. Ursaring likes to snap fruit trees in half rather than climb them which says a lot about it's character.

post-481-1132768226_thumb.jpg

post-481-1132768238_thumb.jpg

478327[/snapback]

I'd say so, although it would depend on how much you like tinkering around with the system.

It's more straightforward than the GBA versions. The battles are more intense since you very rarely fight pokemon with standard movesets.

Even after you finish the game (should take around 30-35 hours assuming you dont play any of the mini games) every trainer gets a new set of super powerful pokemon (and better AI) so you can pretty much continue as much as you like. Theres even an after mission game where you take part in a super tournament and win something really nice.

478327[/snapback]