Miniatures Roll Call

Plano Skywalker

I was planning to start playing with either Skaven or Chaos. My budget didn't hold however.

By the by, there's a Fantasy Battle RTS in the vein of Dawn of War coming out soon. It's called Mark of Chaos and the screens I've seen so far have portrayed absolutely massive armies.

I'd link you, but I can't find the site.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Chaos Marines :cool:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I'm a Nile fan, so what else? :lol:

kirottu said:

Gorths relationship with GW:

Started playing Epic Space marine in the early nineties (thats how I got into GW).

Had a 20.000 point Ork army (yes, thats a *lot* of miniatures, they were much cheaper then)...

Then I started collecting an undead army. They didn't have an "army book" of their own yet at the time, I just loved the old undead miniatures, collected and painted them. Later when they got their own book, I started raising (yes, bad pun) new regiments for my Lich to conquer the old world...

Eventually, I was badgered into trying WH40k and collected a humongous Imperial Guard army. Never got around to paint it though and never really liked the game system (second edition) which completely overpowered characters, psykers and some races (Eldar).

From there, it took a turn downhill...

First they completely ruined Epic Space marine by creating a "console version" of the game. Completely dumbed down, bland and boring. Lost interest in it completely.

Then they ruined the undeads, splitting up the existing army in two distinct types, not allowing me to reuse much of my hard paint work, as most models were suddenly disallowed :)

The lid was nailed on the coffin when they did the same to WH40k, completely dumbed down the game rules...

Rogue trader... where art thou ?

Well, the only thing I've been playing sporadically since then is a bit of Necromunda (house Cawdor) and a new WHFB Dark Elf army I'm busy doing character conversion jobs on... :-

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I never seem to find the time to dust off my marine army. I do enjoy a good bit of 40k.

I can still remember reading Thrud the Barbarian in White Dwarf.

Incidentally, if anyone can remember the battle hymn of the Fire Wasps order of teh Adeptus Titanicus, you set my mind at rest. I used to know it, but can't find it anywhere now.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

For a "true gamer" I think WHFB is much better than 40K....WHFB is a general's game...if you do something stupid you will pay for it. 40K is a dice fest.

However, in my local area it is much easier to find a 40K game than a Fantasy game so I will most likely also have a Tzeentch 40K army (I can use some of the same models).

I always wanted to get into this :)

Chaos (Slaanesh), Dark Elves, and the Vampire Counts looked the most interesting to me :)

Though for some reason I think Dwarves are cool too :)

if you have some cash and some patience, I would recommend it....it is fun.

when I first got into it, I hated the fact that I had to paint my army but now I enjoy that almost as much as actual gaming (though I am not an excellent painter or anything).

and there are smaller scale games such as Mordheim that dovetail nicely into some quasi-roleplaying opportunities.

speaking of Slaanesh and Dark Elves, the tome entitled Storm of Chaos has rules for Cult of Slaanesh Dark Elves....lots of fun there.

The tabletop nature of the game really militates against sensible playing of a firearms/radios game, where everyone should be concealed a lot of the time. i do like WHFB, but find the backstory less interesting.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

WHFB is boring imo, 40k has a lot more to offer. (guess it depends on whether you prefer fantasy or sci-fi)

Me? I used to play Dark Angels back in the 90'ies, then I switched over to Chaos and collected various Legions; Khorne World Eaters, Iron Warriors (my biggest), Lost and the Damned and finally a Chaos Undivided force which was in the making recently, but due to my mates moving away I've literally shelved it and the rest of the hobby for now.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

WHFB is boring imo, 40k has a lot more to offer. (guess it depends on whether you prefer fantasy or sci-fi)

Me? I used to play Dark Angels back in the 90'ies, then I switched over to Chaos and collected various Legions; Khorne World Eaters, Iron Warriors (my biggest), Lost and the Damned and finally a Chaos Undivided force which was in the making recently, but due to my mates moving away I've literally shelved it and the rest of the hobby for now.

well, I don't know how I'll like 40K since I have yet to play. who knows, I may like it alot.

what I like about WHFB is the realism (for lack of a better term)...I know the magic and all is not realistic but things like ranks, outnumbering, fear, leadership tests, etc just make alot of sense to me.

I wish I could find a circle around here who played Warhammer Ancient Battles....no magic, just realism and generalship.

Always ask at your local store for gaming groups.

-Elwood Blues

What do you know, I like the Eldar. I also like high elves.

I also rather enjoyed Mordheim. Great game.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

^The lead design in Mordheim was done by this one Finn, Tuomas Pirinen. He later made quite a bit of work for Sudeki.

Just to throw some stones to the pond, carry on.

kirottu said:

Eldar's nick is kinda self-explanatory, yeah. :D

kirottu said:

Hmmm, I got the name from Tolkien. Still, I like the Eldar because they're pretty much elves anyhow.

Like a lot of games, I'd love to play, but there's no real opportunity around here.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!