How Do You Imagine The True Sith?

My theory....

There is no such thing as "true sith." As Kreia put it, the Sith are a philosophy, not a race. Revan just used it as an excuse because he started to regain memories from his times as Lord Revan and became so wrapped up in guilt, that he ran away from his problems, leaving everyone he knew and loved behind.

Edited by jwhitt

Remember where you started from :mellow:

Sith is opposed to Jedi; I won`t be surprised to find out that there is a identical YODA somewhere exactly the opposite of the LS Yoda... or the exact opposite of a LS Revan..or Exile...or a Twi`lek...

Human breed with humans = human... at worse human breed with twi`lek or anything alike(I REFUSE to imagine a human breed with a wookie :D )

Since the absolute lightsider would be Yoda... a true Sith would be a .. DS Yoda...

7am in the morning so if doesn`t make sence I appologise...just my 2 cents

[EDIT]Revan can be considered a True Sith in a way...he was the champion of the Jedis before he fell to the Dark Side...and as a Darksider he was even more powerful..and we all know that the...amnesy was for a short period of time(LS or DS doesn`t really matter since he was decently powerful NOT to be afraid to meet the True Sith...{hyphotetisis}Maybe Revan was neutral..knowing the best of Jedi AND Sith teachings when he left(best student of the best of the Jedis AND Kreia which was at that time the Sith Master)) ... don`t flame poor Nihilus pls :)

Edited by DarthNihilus

Sith were originally a species, then fallen Jedi showed up on their homeworld, intermingled with them, etc, as everyone's been saying. Eventually, the species itself died out, but the fallen Jedi, who had developed their own teachings and traditions over the years, just became known as "the Sith". That's pretty much established Star Wars canon. The "True Sith" referred to in the game could be almost anything, though. Are they talking about the original species of Sith, or one of the many later incarnations of the order of the Sith? Hard to say. Maybe it just means that Revan and his like styled themselves as Sith, when all they really were were fallen Jedi with delusions of grandeur, as they say.

I think part of the confusion comes from the fact that there's a huge continuity issue in the timeline from the movies themselves. In the original trilogy, Obi-Wan says that the Jedi had protected the Old Republic for "a thousand generations", and much of the EU, including the history of the Sith species that some people have mentioned, was structured according to that timeframe. However, in Attack of the Clones, Palpatine says the Republic had stood for "a thousand years". That's a pretty significant difference, and I think it's causing some confusion about pre-movie Star Wars history even in canon sources. Based solely on the original trilogy, everything in KOTOR pretty much makes sense, timeline-wise. Based on the prequels, though, it doesn't.

Oh, and Palpatine doesn't look like an alien because he's a member of the Sith order, not the Sith species, obviously. :-

We need Mr. Lucas himself to define the True Sith

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

revan and his army were just dark jedi of course. they didn't learn the sith teachings entirely, they just "became sith" to attack the republic. Maul and sidious are considered true sith because they never were jedi.

Yeah, that's a point. A Dark Jedi and a Sith aren't the same thing. Any idiot can go to the dark side, but that doesn't automatically make them a Sith, any more than Force sensitivity automatically makes them a Jedi. The Sith Lords in the movies, like Maul, Tyrranus (i.e. Count Dooku), Sidious, and Vader were "real" Sith because they were actually trained in Sith teachings. Tyrranus and Vader were both fallen Jedi, but they had a Sith master who trained them in that order. Who actually trained Revan and Malak to be Sith? Maybe that's what the game is getting it with the whole "True Sith" thing.

From Wikipedia

"Long extinct, the Sith was the native species of the planet Korriban. They had red skin and tentacle 'beards', and had a natural talent for mastering the Force. Some time after the Great Schism several refugee Dark Jedi settled on the planet. Amazing the Sith with their mastery of the Force, the fallen Jedi soon elevated themselves to god-like status, becoming the rulers of the Sith. As the centuries passed, interbreeding occurred between the human Dark Jedi and the Sith, creating a half-species with an enormous talent for manipulating the Force. This species, which were also called Sith, had red skin like the original Sith. A prominent member of this half-species was the Sith Lord Marka Ragnos. The half-Sith species is also considered extinct."

The name 'Sith' was adopted by their Dark Jedi rulers, and has later been used by numerous fallen Jedi organizations.

[edit]

What we really need is for Kriea to clarify this sort of thing.

Do you really want to hear more crap coming from her mouth...(although storywriters gave me the impression they were making her tell the truth).

I think being trained in the Dark Side is more Sith Lord then Dark Jedi, but not True Sith. Here's just what I think now:

True Sith - species with particular teachings/morales

Sith Lord - a person (including True Sith) who follows the Sith teachings and morales

Dark Jedi - a Jedi who just wants power or is consumed by anger, etc.

In the end I just consider them all baddies mostly likely holding red lightsabers.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

http://www.starwars.com/databank/organizat...sith/index.html

On the official SW site, it says that the Sith were founded 2,000 years ago (before the movies), with the rogue Jedi interbreeding with the natives on Korriban. 

Since this timeline contradicts the 4,000 years ago or whatever in which K1 & K2 take place, the K-series seem to be doing their own thing when it comes to telling the SW stories.

So, since the K-games already are writing stories their own way, their previously defined information about the True Sith being long dead is perfectly valid.  They already wrote it that way.  That's just how it is.  It doesn't matter if it doesn't fit with other SW stuff; they already are setting adventures with a different slant than the official mythos.

It's talking about Darth Bane who was 2,000 years ago. Right on the side there it has Exar Kun, and talking aout how his spirit laid in rest for four milennia.

Palpatine says the Republic had stood for "a thousand years".

Think he's reffering to the current manifestion of the Republic as Darth Bane's war lasted 1,000 years destroying everything and the republic starts anew 1,000 years before prequels

Edited by Mondo

What if I wanted to kill the other bounty hunters but still have the Twi'leks chase me?

a dark jedi is a jedi that use the darkside. but he can use it for good if he want. dark jedis can do anything they want, good or evil

Actually, that's a no no. To use high tier darkside powers you need to let them consume your anger and feed them off your hate. In essence, you're slowly being corrupted, as you notice how easily problems are solved just by letting go and opening to the anger...

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Think he's reffering to the current manifestion of the Republic as Darth Bane's war lasted 1,000 years destroying everything and the republic starts anew 1,000 years before prequels

That could make sense, but it still strikes me that it's probably just an error in the script, or George Lucas changing his mind about the setting, and the EU was just scrambling to cover itself and reconcile the conflicting dates. :huh:

Edited by Ranger0087

a dark jedi is a jedi that use the darkside. but he can use it for good if he want. dark jedis can do anything they want, good or evil

Actually, that's a no no. To use high tier darkside powers you need to let them consume your anger and feed them off your hate. In essence, you're slowly being corrupted, as you notice how easily problems are solved just by letting go and opening to the anger...

indeed, but they can use it to kill murderers and rapers and etc. they are not necessarely like the sith who wants power above everything and wants to destroy tje jedi. now you can argue that killing every murderers on sight is not a good thing because you kill people, but in my book it is

indeed, but they can use it to kill murderers and rapers and etc. they are not necessarely like the sith who wants power above everything and wants to destroy tje jedi. now you can argue that killing every murderers on sight is not a good thing because you kill people, but in my book it is

And this context that matters how...?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds