Movies you've seen lately

Baley

SawII - the first one was a lot better, even w/Glover's over-acting. :D

Some fun 'traps' in the 2nd...the group peril dynamic reminded me a lot of Cube.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Point of No Return on DVD. It's an American version of the French film LaFemme Nikita.

I thought that was called Nikita.

Nope. In the states it's called LaFemme Nikita.

The tv show was excellent also.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Metallica: Some kind of Monster.

Hilarious. I want want to be a rockstar with 90 million albums sold, 500 guitars, go bearhunting in Russia and own a ranch and still whine about trivial things that have no matter what so ever.

Did you see the deleted scene with Lars throwing a tantrum because nobody told him to wear a Hawaiian shirt for Kirk's birthday? Absolutely childish.

Nope, i didn't see that one. I have to check again later.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Metallica: Some kind of Monster.

Hilarious. I want want to be a rockstar with 90 million albums sold, 500 guitars, go bearhunting in Russia and own a ranch and still whine about trivial things that have no matter what so ever.

Did you see the deleted scene with Lars throwing a tantrum because nobody told him to wear a Hawaiian shirt for Kirk's birthday? Absolutely childish.

death to Lars :wub:

I just saw the 2004 Phantom of the Opera and I enjoyed it.  I've always known the music and the story in patches so watching the whole thing from start to finish settles it, though I thought Phantom died at the end.

I got to see that on Broadway, actually. Had to listen to my GF singing all the lyrics, but it was still cool. :p

Saw Batman Begins, and I think it is a fine romp for renewing the franchise but I have to agree that Return of the Joker was indeed better.  I like the Akira tribute.  The last movie I saw in the theater was Serenity which was damn good.

Yeah, Batman Begins was awesome. I thought it'd suck, but I loved it.

The last movie I saw was The Constant Gardener. It's great. It's by Fernando Meirelles, the director of City of God. This guy is turning into one of my favourite directors.

I wanted to see that, but didn't get around to it. Sounded like a really interesting one, though.

UltraViolet looks kind of cool, but I'm thinking it'll suck anyway. :p

Broken Flowers W/ Bill Murray

Mildy entertaining, theme had to do with living in the past present and future.

I was pretty disappointed with the anticlimactic ending. I understand that was the point they were going for, but I like actual endings in movies. Bill Murray was also a bit unbelievable as a Don Juan.

Matt Damon!

matt_damon.jpg

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I just saw the Pink Panther and Final Destination 3. Pink Panther was pretty funny, but FD3 was a bit knarly.

Also on saturday I saw Eight Below. Yes, I know it's a disney movie :D , but the base only has a limited selection of movies to watch and I need to pass the time

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

Just saw Syriana. It's already one of my picks for best movie of the year. The acting is solid, the direction surprisingly good and the writing awesome. The first thing I did after the movie was buy the book it was based on (See No Evil by Robert Baer).

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I saw "I, Robot" for the 6th time (hold on, i can explain).

i guess it isn't that good, but every time i am around somebody who hasn't seen it, and they want to watch it, then i end up saying, "well, it was a pretty solid movie."

And the more i have seen it, the more i appreciate it. Will Smith does an exceptional job (IMO), and the CG junk pervading the movie is really detailed.

yep, i could watch that movie again, but preferably not for a few more months :thumbsup: