Movies you've seen lately

Baley

I saw Narnia: LWW the other day, and it didn't coerce me to donate money to the church. I thought it was a very good (and faithful) adaptation of the book. They did a especially good job capturing how the professor's mansion should feel.

Also watched Pirates of the Caribbean for the first time. What a fun flick. Particularly timely, because I recently finished reading Robin Hobb's Liveship Traders trilogy, which also features charismatic pirate captains.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Saw Syriana last night.  It's crap, which is a shame, because I like Clooney and I like the subject matter.

I have heard that about Syriana. A few friends of mine (who I consider intelligent) saw the film and had no idea what the hell was going on. The Plain Dealer review corroborated that sentiment.

Now, I enjoy the odd documentary and the occasional "important issues" film (Traffic comes to mind), and I don't want a director to hammer me over the head with the plot, but I do like to be able to follow the movie without an outline and index cards.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I saw King Kong. It was actually okay, Jack Black was extremely good in it I thought.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Saw Kong, thought Black was uncharteristically bad in it. It had a few cool scenes or funny jokes, but just as many scenes that didn't work or jokes that just made no one laugh.

it had alot of unintentionalyl funny scenes or just "wtf?!?!" type scenes

It's a C- movie.

When I saw the movie, all of those bad jokes got everyone except myself to laugh.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Guest MacLeodCorp

I have been watching several new releases lately. Batman: Begins was a solid movie. I thought the Dark Knight was well in character with Knights Quest, Fall, and Rise.

Guest MacLeodCorp
Quills is a very awesome movie.  It is up their on my favs list.  Right up there with Clockwork Orange, Blade Runner, and Jaws.

Blade Runner is one of the coolest... Jaws is pretty cool... However, I never saw Quills... What is that movie?

Saw Syriana last night.  It's crap, which is a shame, because I like Clooney and I like the subject matter.

I have heard that about Syriana. A few friends of mine (who I consider intelligent) saw the film and had no idea what the hell was going on. The Plain Dealer review corroborated that sentiment.

Now, I enjoy the odd documentary and the occasional "important issues" film (Traffic comes to mind), and I don't want a director to hammer me over the head with the plot, but I do like to be able to follow the movie without an outline and index cards.

Well, considering there's not a scene in the movie that's longer than thirty seconds, that's unfortunately precisely what you get: no clue as to what's going on until the last twenty minutes or so. And when everything falls into place, it's an amazingly pedestrian plot. Not worth all of the jump cuts and mystery.

Madagascar: It was OK - though the hype set me up for disappointment.

Yes I don't think it lived up to the hype , a cartoon that was pretty funny was Emperors new Groove though

Emperor's New Groove was probably in the top 3 best disney films of all time.

Anyway, just bought Serenity, still awesome.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Dead End

I was watching i with my dad..........I actually threw up in my mouth when that dude was masturbating in the woods. :- I immediately took the remote and turned off the tv.... :)

If money is the root of all evil.....why is the world not destroyed?

the last movie Gromnir saw were the newest harry potter flick. the first 1/3 of the movie were a complete mess... disjointed. the rest o' the movie were more coherent, but it still seemed as if Gromnir were getting snippets of story lines that seemed to trail off into nothingness... a bit like what happened with kotor2 as a matter of fact.

emma watson (sp?) were horrible. the other kids seems to be competent if unspectacular in their roles, but the girl were just laughably bad. maybe Emma Thompson can sit her down and explain to her 'bout subtlety.

on the positive side, visually the movie's dragon were possibly the best movie dragon we has seen since Dragonslayer way backs in 1981. very few complaints 'bout any of the special effects.

we get the feeling that this were a movie made for folks who read and liked the book, and unlike previous harry potter movies, it did not stand well on its own.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)