No more cloth for me.

Child of Flame

You could think like this: Since there is only one god all religions are worshiping the same god and obviously god loves diversity since god hasn

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

3. If I were to become an actual preacherman I would not be sure whether I was teaching my religion or God's.

Let me just say one thing. Are the religions of the modern churches, a product of thousands years of inheritance of thousands of people resulting in multiple divergent interpretations of God the real "God's Christianity"? Is straying from that school of church you chose... or was born into... the act of creating your own religion?

Well, I don't know. Maybe the wiser of us can say better than I.

1.If such a thing exists,it is beyond human grasp./How can the Christian deity be infinitely benevolent and sentence it's children to eternal damnation,at the same time?

2.So does the Catholic Church ( http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,13...1811332,00.html )

3.Man has twisted every religion over the course of time.One must renounce all known dogmas if he wishes to remain true to his god. Faith is more than sermons and clergy.

You could think like this: Since there is only one god all religions are worshiping the same god and obviously god loves diversity since god hasn

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

Earthquake in Pakistan, war in Iraq, constant stream of death in Palestine, gang wars in Mombasa...

If at the beginning of life I was given the chance to roll for a country... I could either roll for an Islamic country or take my chances with a Christian country... I would have to be insane to choose Islamic.

They've got too many problems.

Edited by Moose

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

Hurricanes in Florida, earthquakes in California, toppling skyscrapers in Manhattan...

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Hah, if you think you've got it as bad as them you're sadly ignorant.

If you think you can even compare their torment to yours...

I posted before you edited your post. I thought you were going on with the "god hates islam"-highhorse mentality some people seem to have here.

Torment :D

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

1.  I cannot explain the omnipotence/infinite benevolence of God at the same time. 

2.  I have a hard time believing completely in the infallibility of scripture. 

3.  If I were to become an actual preacherman I would not be sure whether I was teaching my religion or God's. 

:(

Heads up Child of Flame :)

You can look at this in two ways: the glass is half full, or half empty.

Everymind is uniqe because each one creates a different view on reality, we see what we want in a way. We believe what we want. It comes with our freedom we have to choose whatever we want. So we are condemned to be free, is that such a bad thing? :)

Maybe our viewpoints on our beliefs was meant to be our own. Everybodies belief should be their own uniqe reality. It sounds to me you discovered your very own world, and took one step inside of your world. You can make the most of it, or you can run from it. Whatever you do to it is your choice, you can make it rich, or desolate.

;)

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Eru, are you a catholic?

kirottu said:

Well CoF, and I know this sounds cliche, but you could always pray to find the right path. :sorcerer: Trust in God and trust in yourself.

Just out of curiosity, would this have anything to do with all the recent religious debate we've seen on these boards?

Edited by Mothman

1.  I cannot explain the omnipotence/infinite benevolence of God at the same time. 

2.  I have a hard time believing completely in the infallibility of scripture. 

3.  If I were to become an actual preacherman I would not be sure whether I was teaching my religion or God's. 

The fact that you have doubts and are willing to own up to them publicly, are capable of reflecting on those doubts and questioning established truths with humility and humour, probably makes you well suited to the counselling and pastoral care role of the professionally religious. Ironic, isn't it. :sorcerer:

Don't ever try to fake faith. Get a job with the Interfaith Network or somesuch.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I had considered being a priest when I was younger. My paths at a young man were... less than religious. I started drinking at 14, a lot. I started smoking at 16, as much. I was suspended several times between Junior High and High school. I signed up for the Navy at 17. By the time I was 21, I had already been through a residential alcohol treatment program. By the time I was 25, I had attended, at least part time, four different colleges. ...And during all that time, my Catholic faith was somewhere in the back of my mind.

I don't know what you will decide, Child. I know that my path diverged from the priesthood a long time ago. The local parish priests who essentially scoffed at my interests because I was young and hasty would probably be happy to have my service now, but that path is closed to me. I am married.

What you should know is that doubt and trial are not a sign of weakness. We are beset daily by arguments, good arguments, that attack the very notion of God. The best of these arguments echo only in the silence of our own thoughts. There are people of simple faith who believe with all their hearts and never doubt. Indeed, these people are a blessing in their simple faith. Some of us, however, are not so blessed.

I won't tell you that you must keep the faith or that you are bad for having doubts. Where a path diverges now, it may return later. I am an insignificant voice in a huge internet, but I can promise that I will not think less of you and, should you change your mind, I will welcome you back with open arms. Should you decide that the very idea of God is nothing more than a lie, then I would still be happy to call you friend.

I cannot explain the omnipotence/infinite benevolence of God at the same time. I wish I could.

I simply cannot believe in the infallibility of scripture.

If I became a priest, I could never be certain I was doing God's work or my own. That is the nature of every good deed. Sometimes, however, we must allow ourselves to feel happy at a good deed without trying to second guess our motives.

You are a young man. There is a long road before you and no certainty where your path will take you. Keep searching and doubting, but don't lose heart. Rejoice, and be glad. Blessed and holy are you for suffering for your faith, even when you are the instrument of torment.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Though I completely dislike the modern version of God and all the nutjobs who claim to support him........Darkside makes a good point. Comes down to individual interpretation of the scripture.

There is no "One true faith" never was, never will be. It's an amalgam of literally millions of different takes on the same basic thing.

Don't worry if your version is a little different, CoF. Everybody's is.

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

My religion/ethics/history teacher is a military priest, and he's always said that while intrepretations may wary, faith persists. If you don't believe nasty lutherian priests with their heretical ways, believe me: Unless he's a fundie, everyone questions their faith and conduct. What kind of human would you be if you didn't?

kirottu said:

I guess I would take a shot at this.

If God wants to get rid of all prejudice and hatred, he could; but that will take away our free will as well. Personally, I'd like to think that the world is a workshop and God has given us all the tools necessary to make this world perfect. The rest will depend on us. If God has made the world perfect in the first place, what work is there left for us? Our lives shall then lack purpose. Why would you then ever want to become a man of cloth if there is no work needs to be done?