WoW free 14 day trial CD in Maxim

kumquatq3

Wow is too easy of a game, and has a horrible community when compared to other MMORPGs. But thats what happens when you can also your way to up the end game.

WoW has a huge community. What do you exactly mean by a horrible community? The learning curve is much easier than many other games, so at the end game content there are many people who aren't hardcore. They don't know how to fulfill the tank/healer/DPS roles perfectly. Is that what you mean by a bad community?

Or do you just mean that the majority of people in WoW are immature? That's a pretty broad spectrum, considering the huge numbers of WoW players. Of course there are plenty of bad apples, but I've also met some great folks in the game. I'm sorry that you weren't happy with the people you met in game, if that's the case.

The community might be huge, but it's not a very close one.

Maybe I just expected too much. Since all my prior experience in MMORPGs has been with games were people actually needed to help each other in order to advance.

Something wonderful went along with that.

Overall, I noticed in WoW less people being friendly too one another because they really didn't need to be. You typicaly meet people new people in these games by trying to accomplish a common goal. But when you can do nearly everything on your own, the idea that no one needs help gets etched into the people. I imagine thats were the mentaly WoW carries came from.

Everything I did in the game brought me no joy really, because the challenge wasn't there. Battles are simple, money making is simple, crafting is simple and even the way the economy flows. Coming from where I did, all that stuff was a serious downgrade from what I was use to.

I guess all of this was due to it being a casual friendly game. Wasn't my cup of tea.

It sounds like you would prefer something like EQ2. It was much more challenging, and the smaller community is more tight knit.

Also, MMORPG's tend to be luck of the draw, unless you have a big guild you go into the game with. Every server is a unique experience. I started going strictly to RP servers, not because I RP, but because the communities tend to be more mature.

It depends on how you play.

During the time i played, i never joined raids or anything, i always 5 manned my instances, and to me they were all challenging and fun to play.

I tried raids but they never did anything to me. Indeed, they were way too easy, messy and frankly, pointless. Plus i just couldn't stand playing with those people.

I enjoy the fact Blizzard has made a casual gamer friendly enviorment. One of the reasons i never wanted to try MMORPGs in the first place is that i didn't want to commit my life to a video game. The trade off is the horrible community. I can't count how many times i've met level 60 paladins who never trained spells, and we all know Blizzard has one of the worst gaming communities, right next to Counter Strike fans.

What you need to do is actively seek out good players. If you find somebody you enjoy playing with, mark their name down and try to see if you can play with them again. Joining a RP server made things a lot easier. No, nobody really roleplays, but there's a higher chance to find more mature and smarter gamers.

Multiplayer games are what you make them, and the people you play with make all the difference. A bad apple on a 5 man scholomance run can turn a couple hours of fun into an afternoon of pure hell...

I refuse to buy a Maxim on principle.

Whoa, whoa - easy there Meta!

Who said anything about "buying"?

(Hold me back! Hold me back!)

I cannot confirm nor deny that I endorse "not purchasing" a terrible magazine.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I refuse to buy a Maxim on principle.

Whoa, whoa - easy there Meta!

Who said anything about "buying"?

(Hold me back! Hold me back!)

I cannot confirm nor deny that I endorse "not purchasing" a terrible magazine.

Think of the neat pictures that the mag has. :o

Smut