Looking for a book about...

Musopticon?

I'm in need of help from all of you literate folks. I'm sort of a history freak and one of my favorite subjects is Moorian Spain, the califate therein and spanish reconquista which happened in the 14th century. The contrast of differing religions and culture, the rich blend of architecture and science that wasn't "discovered" by Northern Europe until renaissance. In short; the whole era just excites and intrigues me to no end. Now, my question is; apart from El Cid, are there any works of fiction(books or not) that happen to be placed during that phase of history? I'd appreciate any information on the subject.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I'm drawing a blank, I'm afraid. The literature of the victorious Spanish Christians didn't do much to celebrate the culture of al-Andalus. Lope de Vega's Fuenteovejuna is set during the last years of the reconquista I think, but is more about feudalism within the Christian kingdoms. I love the period, too, and could recommend some good history books, but alas, no fiction.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

History books would be a good start.

I don't have much knowledge of the area, Mus?, sorry I can't be of more help. I'd be interested in learning a bit more about it, though my next research time zone is Europe post Roman Empire, as there is quite a bit of false hearsay that masquerades as historical fact about the time, and I would like to use that as a running start to launch myself into medieval European (i.e. non-British) history.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Hmmm...well, thanks anyway.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I've been desperately trawling my data-brain-soup for info, but not a smidgen. Interesting subject though. Has a good ring to it. Possibly one of very few hisorical subjects that might impress the ladies.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The Moors in Spain and Portugal by Jan Reed is sittng on my housemate's bookshelf.

Theres also a biography about General Tarik ibn Ziyad, but these books are almost definitely his fathers

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.