The mysteries of Manaan

<SP

Im playing K1 again and stumbled upon a quest I`ve never really solved, i think. Its that old cripple guy who is charged with killing a sith woman. So far in all my playthroughs I have had him (1) released, but he`s guilty, and theres no real closure to it... (2) confess the murder and he dies. Thats pretty much it.

Is there more to this quest or are these the only 2 "endings"?

Theres also that mysterious person who tells me to look deeper in to the affair and to search both embassies for THE TRUTH, but all i can find is the recording of the murder in the republic embassy?? :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Well, there's also the option that I took first time through where I never found the recording that he killed her, and I never persuaded the owner of the hotel to lie, so he ends up getting sent to prison for life beacuse they couldn't prove it either way. Other than that, I think you got it.

Well (spoiler)

He is guilty. He kills her. If you want to make him guildt, go to the Republic Embacy, and in the computert room, go to a console, and access the security logs. You will find a recording of him killing the sith. Or, you can make the pazzak player lie, and make the Rodian in the hotel say that he was forced to put the war medalion there, and he should get off free.

(Marine Axiom)

Sweat Dries

Blood Clots

Bones Heal

SUCK IT UP!

Yes, but it also seems as though the Sith were involved somehow no matter what. They didn't complete how the Sith were involved, thats how i felt.

How come we couldn't find anything in the Sith embassy about Jolees Friend?

Edited by WITHTEETH

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Yes, but it also seems as though the Sith were involved somehow no matter what. They didn't complete how the Sith were involved, thats how i felt.

How come we couldn't find anything in the Sith embassy about Jolees Friend?

Ive just gotten to that in this replay but if memory serves me correctly (it might not) I think you can find a sith conspiricy that frees him from blame and punishes the sith.

Its all very vauge right now in memory so ill post after I do it again

the whole story is

- sunry is having a relation with (elassa I think) the sith girl

- after sometimes sunry want to stop it for his wife

- sunry kill the sith girl while she sleep

now that's were it get complicated

- the republic, not wanting to lose control on the kolto, send spies to remove all the elements that could be use in court.

- the sith, seeing this, have no choice but to add elements of their own (the medal)

so, it's a murder, sunry is guilty, and for once, the sith have done nothing. (elassa was surely trying to get information from the old sunry, but everyone expected that) hope that helped

so, it's a murder, sunry is guilty, and for once, the sith have done nothing. (elassa was surely trying to get information from the old sunry, but everyone expected that)

I agree it was a murder but you still contradict yourself in the same sentence.

Yes, but your the guy's lawyer, whether or not he's Guilty it is your job to try to not get him convicted. Bioware really misplaces these LS/DS issues.

well you get the most experience by asking all the witnesses as many questions a possible so in a sense your goal should be to get him freed. I personally like the sentence where he's guilty and gets life cos I give more precedence to being a Jedi, so it's right without having the "crime" of execution.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

I dont think so. a jedi is against injustice and all, and he was a murderer. Why fight the sith when you let the republic do the same thing? you should acuse him of murder, that's only what he deserve, stupid wife cheater backstabber old coot.

and perhaps elassa was a spy, but sunry knew it before having a relation with her. so saying that this give him a reason to kill her is nonsense

I think this is the most contradictory quest in the kotor series. In both games becoming LS or DS is "the goal of the game", and this quest doesnt really gain me anything.

Getting Sunry freed never served my sense of justice, but i didnt want to see him executed either...All thats left is a feeling that this didnt go how i wanted it to go...

No suprise that this is one of Jolee`s quests. :( :ph34r: :shifty:

but i didnt want to see him executed either...

He doesn't have to end up executed though. He can be guilty and get life. Granted it gets you less XP but probably not that much. At least you satisfy yourself.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

I think this is the most contradictory quest in the kotor series. In both games becoming LS or DS is "the goal of the game", and this quest doesnt really gain me anything.

Getting Sunry freed never served my sense of justice, but i didnt want to see him executed either...All thats left is a feeling that this didnt go how i wanted it to go...

No suprise that this is one of Jolee`s quests.  :huh:  :ph34r:  :-

Yeah, Bioware doesn't seem to have much moral sense. I mean seriously, saying your going to kill Matrix for his bounty is darkside, but saying your going to rob the place isn't? Since when has it been light-sided for people to wander into apartments and steal everything not nailed down.

I played it all sorts of ways--Sunry innocent, Sunry guilty=death, Sunry guilty=life... just trying to get a clue which option seemed to be the best--or at least the game's preferred--quest ending. No matter which one you choose, somebody will be unhappy with you. Carth obviously thinks that punishing the dude is no way to treat a 'war hero'. Jolee questions your sense of justice if you get Sunry off.

I ended up getting really tired of hearing Sunry trading on his war-hero past, talking about his lover as a piece of trash, and saying that I was going to be responsible for screwing up the kolto deal for the Republic. Saying, in fact, everything but that he did it and he was sorry, even after he was shown the evidence. He's way too smarmy if you get him off.

It was annoying that the noble Republic was trying to hide evidence and make the murder a political thing. The Sith in this case were the least offensive. 'Siding' with either is unlikely to make relations any worse, or better. And if the kolto was really such an issue, I'm sure the Republic is 'resourceful' enough to find a way around it.

Maybe punishing Sunry would do no real good, and maybe he would just ride off into the sunset pretending to be happy with his wife and never do it again. But IMO he wasn't worth rescuing, and a verdict of death would only put him in line to be made into a martyr.

So sorry, Sunry. Maybe you shoulda asked for another lawyer.

(BTW, you can get the max XP behind door number 3. I think it's based on the questions you do or don't ask, rather than the outcome.)

If Sunry should fry for killing one Sith, then I (LS Revan) should do so several times for killing a boatload of Sith up until then. And on top of that Revan was even a traitor but gets a medal at the end (LS). Punishing Sunry for killing a Sith while we/the Republic are/is at war with the Sith doesn't sound like just to me. On the other hand he is a murderer because it all happened on a neutral planet and not in combat, meaning that he isn't innocent. No matter how you look at it, the result will not be fair/just and thus as a patriot of the Republic I try to get him off. Verdict: Not guilty (not: innocent), and the Sith getting punished for obfuscating justice is the icing on the cake. :-

well, there's a big difference between killing and a murder. when you fight with someone, the other one is fighting too. when you kill a girl in her sleep because you felt guilty..... sorry but you should be shot right away.

and revan getting a medal... yes that's absurd, but would you really want revan to go darkside again and kill you and your friends? and didn't vader got redeem for all the children and women and jedi he killed only by killing a sith lord? he's the worst of the lot

well, there's a big difference between killing and a murder. when you fight with someone, the other one is fighting too. when you kill a girl in her sleep because you felt guilty..... sorry but you should be shot right away.

and revan getting a medal... yes that's absurd, but would you really want revan to go darkside again and kill you and your friends? and didn't vader got redeem for all the children and women and jedi he killed only by killing a sith lord? he's the worst of the lot

There *is* a difference between killing and murder and IMO that's exactly what this side quest is all about. The difference is not so clear cut in this case. If the fact that the victim couldn't fight back makes Sunry a murderer, then waging war is by definition murder because you always try to get into a situation where your enemy's capability to fight back is limited while you blast him. And since I don't think you want to go there, it is quite hypocritical to call Sunry a murderer and Carth, Revan et al. heroes.