Why Should Revan Leave His/Her Companions Behind?

Why Should Revan Leave His/Her Companions Behind? do you think it was absured decsion for Revan to leave his companion behind?

No.

I haven't played KOTORI, so I'm piecing this together from what I've heard, but he left them behind because he knew that he would be going somewhere dangerous, and didn't want any harm to come to them, plus he needed Carth/Bastila to keep the Republic strong against this new threat he went to face.

It sounds like he didn't want them to get hurt, so went off alone to fight whatever it is that these True Sith are.

Remember also what HK said--that a smart assassin attacks a Jedi's friends. If Jeedai is focused on protecting them, he can't concentrate on threats to his own life. If captured, they could also be used to draw him out of hiding. Big vulnerability.

It's logical for Revan to leave them behind. They may be helpful but he felt that they may be a problem for him. They would be targets to get to him. Would you place the one you love in danger?

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

It's logical for Revan to leave them behind. They may be helpful but he felt that they may be a problem for him. They would be targets to get to him. Would you place the one you love in danger?

I fully agree with you

''Strike me down,and i will become more powerful''

''To know the Light you must see the Dark''

'' Join us on the path of the Darkside''

I had issues with this as well to be honest.

But in hind site much of it makes sence EXCEPT for 2 characters.

1) Jollee: Probably just not interested in exploring. He admitted from get go he wanted to see how your destiny played out and with the immediate threat gone, he had his answer.

2) Canderous: It makes sence that rebuilding the mandalorian empire would be first on his list of priorities.

3) Bastilla: She has already been turned to the dark side once (easily). Taking her into TRUE SITH territory wouldnt be the smartest move.

4) Carth: Hes a republic hero. It makes sence he would return to leading the republic forces now the threat of Revan and Malak done with.

5) Droids (HK and T3): Well he took T3 with him somewhat on his journey otherwise T3 wouldnt know where h e went (which is obvious by K2 story line). No real reason not to take HK to be honest. That part doesnt play out well.

6) Mission and Zalabbar: Okies, Revan WOULD have taken these two since Zal owes him a life debt and wouldnt let him leave with out him anyways. Mission follows Zalabbar so she would have gone as well. Thats a definate mistake made by Obsidians writers.

I guess they could come up with some storyline that required Zalabbar to return to his home planet and mission followed him but as it was left in K2, it just didnt make a ton of sence.

I chalked it up as a simple plot device to remove Revan from the storyline and still have the familiar characters around.

Which means if and when they make #3, they could write out the Exile and still somehow keep around the other characters ... especially because the only ones who actually "die" in the unfinished version of the shipped game are either Mira or Hanharr (well, and Kreia).

evil_twin.jpg

It was something he had to do alone.

Carth and Bastila had to defend the republic.

Jolee settled on another planet again.

Canderous rebuilded the mandalorian empire again starting on Dxun.

Juhani well lets say she died.

Hk and t3 both went with him.

Misson and Zalabar went with revan.

I chalked it up as a simple plot device to remove Revan from the storyline and still have the familiar characters around. 

Which means if and when they make #3, they could write out the Exile and still somehow keep around the other characters ... especially because the only ones who actually "die" in the unfinished version of the shipped game are either Mira or Hanharr (well, and Kreia).

heh, id greatly prefer playing the exile in a K3 but with a group of NPCs from both games (your choice on which NPCs).

Playing Revan I find boring as you know your the be all, end all power in the game story line.

I think K3 would be much more interesting if you as the exile went in search of Revan only to find out HE had been turned to the darkside yet again.

The possiblilities for NPC interaction are endless that way. You could have a group of Carth, Bastilla, Visas, Handmaiden all fighting each other over what to do and how to do it as Carth and Bastilla would be wanting Revan saved and turned back to the light (rather then defeated and killed) while Visas and Handmaidens loyalities would soundly be in the Exiles corner.

Would make for much more interesting senario then just playing Revan as the ultimate evil/savior yet again.

Through in Mandalore and HK and you could have a real situation as Mandalore would follow Revan over the Exile with out question and HK is loyal to his master only, which will always be Revan until Revan dies.

If Revan is turned back to the darkside in K3 (as a NPC ), the story options are just unending.

Really hope Obsidian goes with the Exile as the PC if they do K3. Just be a better game over all.

Or if your DS, how about a group with Hanharr and Zal having to interact!

Edited by Kalfear

It is my understanding, but probably wishful thinking, that Jolee finally came back to the Jedi Order. However, when the more recent Sith threat (Sion, Nihilus, and Traya) arose, he and Bastila went into hidding with the rest of the Jedi. It makes sense to me.

I have a feeling that Revan wants them both to help restructure, and strengthen, the Jedi Order. Now that the threat in K2 is finally gone, they can get to work; with the help of the K2 party members (now Jedi) and those many other lost Jedi we never saw nor heard about.

Edited by Jedi Master Dakari

"Learn to harness your anger and control your fear. Dominate your emotions! But do not let them overcome you; for they can surely cause you to fall to the dark side.

If you expect to win against a Sith then you need to fight like a Sith! If you do not, you will always be met with defeat."

-- Jedi Master Seraphis Dakari

Where they all went:

Carth: Assist with the Republic

Bastila: Tagged along with Carth for the ride to save the Republic

Jolee: Was probably too old for stuff like that

Canderous: Reunite the Mandalorians

T3: Wanted to join but Revan said no. Bastila ordered it to find other Jedi instead after Revan left the picture

HK-47: Wanted to join, Revan said no, he persisted, and wound up in the cargo hold of the Ebon Hawk

Juhani: No idea

Mission: No idea

Zaalbar: No idea, though the life-debt raises questions

Now if the Exile chases Revan, who would she take with her?

Atton: Unknown, but his agenda is open

T3-M4: There isn't much choice here; it has to follow with her

HK-47: Perhaps to tie it in with SWG he gets dumped on Mustafar

Bao-Dur: Though his agenda is open too, he probably doesn't follow with the Exile

Disciple: Running the Jedi Order

Mira: She probably returns to Nar Shaddaa to help people out

Visas: Returns to Katarr, who knows what she does there

G0-T0: Presumably blown to bits on Malachor

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Well theres also the dark side path as well...

Jolee would be dead

Carth would be dead/hiding

Bastilla would be d/s so bringing her would make sense either way.

Mission may be dead.

Don't know about Zalbarr or cat faced schutta Juhani who I hated.

Canderous had to unite the Madalorians.

Droids may have journeyed part may until reval left them w/ ship or sumthing like that, idk.

Jolee would be dead

Mission may be dead.

Droids may have journeyed part may until reval left them w/ ship or sumthing like that, idk.

I think when discussing the game stories and how they should be reflected or treated its pretty much common agreement that the following holds true:

Revan = Lightside Male

Exile = Lightside Male

The darkside options were a great addition that added replay value but dont think any writers/game designers seriously going to treat future stories or expansions as either of them being Dark Side. Whole story just doesnt flow and play out right if you do.

Jolee would be dead

Mission may be dead.

I think when discussing the game stories and how they should be reflected or treated its pretty much common agreement that the following holds true:

Revan = Lightside Male

Exile = Lightside Male

The darkside options were a great addition that added replay value but dont think any writers/game designers seriously going to treat future stories or expansions as either of them being Dark Side. Whole story just doesnt flow and play out right if you do.

Didn't LA announce that Lightside Male was the canonical option in both cases?

I thought canon was LSM Revan and LSF Exile...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.