Deleted Threads...

Mojo

16 members have voted

1. 1. Deleted Threads...

• Yes
    • No

Depends who closed it, sometimes they let you know.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

More prunage and fair warnings than lockage. I got Battlewookie to do it, so why not other mods...

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Yes.

Honestly.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I sympathise with the mods. Sometimes if a thread is closed it's because participants, perhaps including the thread starter, have really crossed the line in a big way. At moments like that it might be hard to compose a civil PM just to point out the obvious reasons for closure.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I dislike prunage. Better to lock it if the thread goes of course. One it's a form of censorship, two you just destroyed evidence that someone is posting inappropiately. Same goes with deleting threads. If it's irrelevent information from a year ago than delete it. Saves hard drive and database space.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I dislike prunage. Better to lock it if the thread goes of course. One it's a form of censorship, two you just destroyed evidence that someone is posting inappropiately. Same goes with deleting threads. If it's irrelevent information from a year ago than delete it. Saves hard drive and database space.

Well this is a private board where the rules of censorship and "free speech" are at the whim of the moderators.

Pruning a thread can help avoid spam.

The only threads that I have seen deleted are pretty silly anyway. My only gripe is that sometimes i don't get to see them before they are wiped. :lol::p

I think the moderators should explain to the thread starter why their thread was locked if they're not signed in at the time and if they've in no way contributed to the spam :)

Pruning only works for certain threads... in general, I'm not sure it would work that effectively... especially on WoT

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

Thats one of the things about this forum that surprises me. Threads just dissapear without warning. One in particular that baffles me was the "How did you get your name/avvy" thread. It had many, many good posts. No high levels of spam and, boom, gone the next morning. Kooky. Is that how this forum works, the mods do whatever they feel like at the time? Are there no rules they must follow?

When we prune, edit or delete a thread it is in a way a form of censorship. However, we're not doing it to keep some kind of 'dangerous' information from you but simply to keep the forums clean and free of the worst forms of spam.

I will PM the author most of the time a thread is deleted unless:

1) The thread is an accident (a double post etc.)

2) The thread is completely inane and the author knows it

3) Im tired.

:)

"Thoughtcrime is death. Thoughtcrime does not entail death. Thoughtcrime is death."

When we prune, edit or delete a thread it is in a way a form of censorship. However, we're not doing it to keep some kind of 'dangerous' information from you but simply to keep the forums clean and free of the worst forms of spam.

I will PM the author most of the time a thread is deleted unless:

1) The thread is an accident (a double post etc.)

2) The thread is completely inane and the author knows it

3) Im tired.

:lol:

Cheers :)

I think that is what most people want :huh:

Thats one of the things about this forum that surprises me. Threads just dissapear without warning. One in particular that baffles me was the "How did you get your name/avvy" thread. It had many, many good posts. No high levels of spam and, boom, gone the next morning. Kooky. Is that how this forum works, the mods do whatever they feel like at the time? Are there no rules they must follow?

When the moon is full and I have partaken of a cheese sandwich there's no telling what I'll do.

If the moon is not full, and I have not partaken of a cheese sandwich, you will receive a private missive on most occasions. I might even include a smiley. Depends which way the wind is blowing.

:)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein