WHAT IS THE DROID FACTORY STORYLINE

I was thinking of asking something similar; whether the Droid Planet and Droid Factory were related to the same quest and whether anyone knew their stories.

Originally I assumed they were, and that the Droid planet was just a 2nd hidden HK factory on some deserted planet but then I got reminded of Futurama with the robot planet - heh, a planet where you have to play as a droid...wouldn't have minded that (in a droid city enviroment, not like Remote on Malachor)

Edited by dufflover

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

As far as I'm aware this is the story relating to the HK factory:

First, the Exile shows the sonic sensor you used on Peragus to HK-47. HK comments that it looks like it came from a HK droid, and that it could possibly be traced back to where the droids are being manufactured (You can still get this dialogue, but can't do the quest)

Later, HK-47 actually encounters a HK-50, something that never happens in the current game. 47 tortures 50, and finds out about the factory where they are being made. (The sound clip for this scene is somewhere on the web, but I can't remember the link)

The HK-50 factory is the Military sub-base level on Telos, the door to which you can see in the Czerka base on the planet surface, but you cant enter it. HK-47 enters it and finds the HK-50s. Because he is their predecessor, they can't destroy him, and instead obey him.

Finally, on that cutscene betweent the remote and G0-T0 on Malachor, which doesn't seem to lead anywhere, G0-T0 summons the HK-50s, but 47 steps in and orders them to turn on G0-T0. They do, and G0-T0 is destroyed.

I think that's the story, which I've pieced together from bits I've read on the web. However, I could be horribly mistaken.

Edited by Grazza

Yes...droid factory and droid planet are 2 different things.

For M4-78's Storyline and such look here

For Droid Factory; the first link in my sig goes to a thread were I posted every recorded convo from the factory (for the X-box owners, and ofcourse it is merged together, so no loose fragments, but all in 1 bit), if you wan't to hear them...

Edited by Battlewookiee

Still, G0-T0 being the one responsible for the HK-50s' production, as well as the events of HK-47's infiltration of the Droid Factory, were only in content which didn't ultimately make it into the game. Because of this, it may not actually apply so much, as far as Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III could be concerned.

I remember reading somewhere online that there was a brief magazine article a few months after the release of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords in which it was said that the next sequel would "further explore the HK-50 subplot". Assuming G0-T0 was possibly destroyed along with Bao-Dur's Remote and Malachor V itself (in the Light Side ending), and thus wouldn't be returning, I imagine the opportunity to come up with another explanation for the origins of the HK-50s could be taken, instead of still going with G0-T0 being behind it.

Edited by Grant Dempsey

but what is this droid planet you speak of and is the can you go in the sub level on telos if you take 47 :(

unless you cheat or something it's impossible to HK-47 because when you're on Telos surface you don't even have your ship yet.

btw, the whole factory was cut because it's not finished so it wouldn't matter.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

The droid planet is called M4-78 and was being designed for the game as the place where you find Master Vash, alive. Unfortunately, they developers ran out of time and had to drop it, bringing in Korriban instead. Someone else picked up the idea and came up with the story, making it into a magazine or something, so it became a part of Star Wars canon. The story of the planet, as Ive read it, is that droids were sent to the planet to prepare it for colonisation by the Republic. The lead droid intelligence was M4-78 - giving the name of the planet. However, before the Republic got there, the Sith arrived. Thinking them to be the people who were intended to colonise the planet, the droids obeyed them. When the Jedi discovered this, they sent Vash and her apprentice to deal with the Sith. They did this by dumping a load of poison on the planet, killing all life - which is why droids are the only inhabitants of the planet. Before the Sith died, they shut down the droid intelligence and ordered the droids not to turn it back on unless commanded to by a Sith. Consequently, the intelligence is still inactive.

Whether this is what OE originally intended the story to be is questionable, but apparently this is now canon.

Edited by Grazza

Canon?! Since when do mods become canon? No, the current story is canon, and any storyline changes introduced by the Restoration Project and the M4-78 Restoration Project will not be canon, even if they are closer to what Obsidian originally intended.