the whole story

It took me two playthroughs until I got most of the story (One Light-Side, One Dark), and still I missed things, like the truth about G0-T0. Most of this is down to the fact that I just couldn't be bothered to spend the whole game trying to manage my influence with everyone.

Edited by Grazza

I got it all after 2 playthroughs, but I'm not exactly the average joe-schmoe that doesn't realize that what Atton says about Revan is your chance to choose who Revan was (aka, alignment/gender).

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

mmm <_< i had to play some more than just twice, the first time i didn't even know what influence was for besides the alignments of the party, i was so eager to get on with the game that i missed everything. i had to play the four ds/ls-fe/male combinations for Revan and myself as well, always there was more. it sure was entertaining but it took time before i knew all this :-

1. Mandalore's helmet and Revan's orders
  2. the true reason for the mandalorian wars
  3. Kreia's intentions from the very beginning to the end
  4. the whole lot of details linking Kae and Kreia (much like Revan and the pc in kotor1)
  5. that Goto is Chodo's lost intelligence droid
  6. HK's psychological arsenal against Sion
  7. the true Lesson of Strenght, the very heart of Kreia's teachings
  8. the fate of master Vandar
  9. HK's role in the mandalorian wars
  10. what exactly is a wound in the force

Its actually not that hard, you just have to be careful on how you do things
the biggest problem i can see is Onderon, to get Mandalore first (he's about the most difficult, takes time) you miss a good deal of occasions in which you could have gained influence on npcs you don't have yet. on top of that it's more difficult to keep your alignment (to get the prestige class you want and the tomb of Ludo Kressh)

I just couldn't be bothered to spend the whole game trying to manage my influence with everyone.

Yeah, I'm not too big a fan of the Influence system. It's good, in a way. But in other ways you can't really focus on every individual character, but still work with the business at hand.

I got pretty much all of the main story with the first play-through. But only after I sat and thought about it for a while. I never really did get too much out of Bao-Dur. I persuaded him to be a Jedi once, and only once. But I can sum up our entire conversations with this:

Bao-Dur: Yes, General?

PC: Never mind.

And that's about it. He is my second to least-favorite character. The worst being G0-T0. I hate that droid with a passion. :huh:

"Learn to harness your anger and control your fear. Dominate your emotions! But do not let them overcome you; for they can surely cause you to fall to the dark side.

If you expect to win against a Sith then you need to fight like a Sith! If you do not, you will always be met with defeat."

-- Jedi Master Seraphis Dakari

You get the most of Bao-Dur while being on Telos's surface. After that he doesn't say much

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Yeah, but even then he doesn't say much. He's just too boring to be a character worth having. I take him along just because it is required. I never use him on any of the worlds I go to.

"Learn to harness your anger and control your fear. Dominate your emotions! But do not let them overcome you; for they can surely cause you to fall to the dark side.

If you expect to win against a Sith then you need to fight like a Sith! If you do not, you will always be met with defeat."

-- Jedi Master Seraphis Dakari

For example, using Bao Dur on Nar Shaddar is a waste. You just dont get influnce with him from doing deeds.
You do.

You get influence with Bao-Dur if you heal the sick refugee (Geriel) or repair the airspeeder and let him check your work. Not to mention the "Intergalactic Reunification" trick with Kreia.

Yeah, I got the main story the first time through, as well as what you say to Atton decides what Revan was like, but figuring out everyone's stories and how to get them to be Jedi takes some time. Before I read this topic I didn't know that you could get Bao-Dur to be a Jedi, and I've never gotten Mira to be a Jedi either, since I've only played LS once, and on that play I went to Nar Shadaa last. This is actually one of the main reasons I like K2, though, since it takes mutliple plays through to figure out the whole picture, while in K1 the only thing that takes multiple plays is to get every character's one side-quest.

I liked the influence system over K1 (and JEs) just speak to them system to be honest.

Made replays alot more enjoyable over all as your almost guarenteed to run into new communication lines from party members.

I just missed the NPC side quests that you had in K1 is all.

Eventually your going to see and do everything of course but I replayed K2 8 times before figuring out completely how to get everyones story in one play through.

Conversely, Im replaying K1 right now and had everyones story by the end of Tant (went immediately to Tant from Dant with one quick stop to get Jollee on Wookie world). With out the influence system you just run through the stories far to fast and run outta npc story content.

Strongly disagreed;

With the influence you run out of content way too fast.

In kotor1 after each lvl-up your team has new things to say, but in Kotor2 everything you see the first time is what you get (usually) through-out the whole game... and thus there is a major lack of convo options.

I mean Carth must have more convo in Kotor1 than all Kotor2 NPC's (Yes, including Kreia) together...

Strongly disagreed;

With the influence you run out of content way too fast.

In kotor1 after each lvl-up your team has new things to say, but in Kotor2 everything you see the first time is what you get (usually) through-out the whole game... and thus there is a major lack of convo options.

I mean Carth must have more convo in Kotor1 than all Kotor2 NPC's (Yes, including Kreia) together...

Level up????

Im replaying K1 right now and you dont need to level up, do a couple combats and they open right up after you have exhausted previous lines. Leveling up plays no part in the equation (tho persuade skill opens up new reply lines occationally, nice but not needed for getting full backstories)

As I said, I was completely outta backstory content by the time I finished Tant.

In K2, even on 8th play through, I was well past Dunx, Nar Shaddar, and Dant before I ran outta npc communications between them and yourself.

Carth has less to say then Atton does for starters (less in content and less interesting to boot), far far far less then Kreia. No clue where you getting this from (that carth has more to say then all K2 npcs) as its just not true (and thats including Carths side quest communication options).

In fact, unlike Bastilla (who you can get whole story from fast) Kreia has set markers where you have to be there and do the encounter for her to open up, which spreads her communications over a much much much longer time frame!

Lets see:

Who has more communication.

Carth or Atton: Atton by far

Bastilla or Kreia: Kreia by far

Mission or Mira: Honestly they about equal (but Mira more interesting..personal opinion)

Hanharr or Zalbbar : Hanharr by a mile (as Zal has none other then Wookie home world side quest)

HK or HK : HK from K1 was more interesting and had more IMO

T3 or T3: T3 in K2 hands down

Handmaiden or Jollee : This one tough, they both had great back stories. Jollees might have been abit larger but Handmaidens had the better pay off, call it a tie

Mandalore or Canderous: I gotta go with Canderous here

Cat Woman or Disiple: Cat woman, Disiple should be shot

Goto or no one: Guess its goto by default

So thats K2 = 5

K1 = 3

tie = 2

seems the odds in K2 favor.

Then I don't think you really have unlocked all convo's...

Also, have you got every side quest and convo there-after? Probably not...

And yes, Kotor1's Convo system was based on the lvl of your character, don't know why you think just a battle or 3 helped (mods?)

Carth or Atton: Atton by far

Bastilla or Kreia: Kreia by far

Mission or Mira: Honestly they about equal (but Mira more interesting..personal opinion)

Hanharr or Zalbbar : Hanharr by a mile (as Zal has none other then Wookie home world side quest)

HK or HK : HK from K1 was more interesting and had more IMO

T3 or T3: T3 in K2 hands down

Handmaiden or Jollee : This one tough, they both had great back stories. Jollees might have been abit larger but Handmaidens had the better pay off, call it a tie

Mandalore or Canderous: I gotta go with Canderous here

Cat Woman or Disiple: Cat woman, Disiple should be shot

Goto or no one: Guess its goto by default

Ehm, I have to go with Carth, he has more lines than Atton when just traveling (lvl-up or 6/7) on Taris alone...

Bastila; Also have to go with Bastila here. She might speak sooner, but she also had alot more to tell

Mission; Mission by far... Mira only had 5 convo lines or so?

Hanharr; Agreed here

HK; Yup... HK from Kotor1 is alot more fun, but I believe Kotor2's has more convo (as only one, together with T3)... Might have something to do with me never being able to fix him for his stories in the first Kotor...

T3; Yep... Kotor2 T3. But that is also just because OE noted Kotor1's T3 was completely useless

Jolee; Jolee has alot more stories to tell you

Canderous; Agreed

Juhani; Also agreed here

Oh, and I forgot to mention alot of Kotor1 NPC's had something to say in every convo, which had to do with the convo

In Kotor2 you almost only hear these lines if 1) a forced NPC is near 2) Influence is gained...

And usually they don't have anything to do with the convo at all...

NO they dont! Im playing K1 right now (for the gawd knows how many time) and K1 npcs definately do not have something to say in every convo. In fact K1 has glaring mistakes!

For example, when i finished romance with bastilla (prior to temple of course) I got Jollee speaking about wife and love. I intentionally had Bastilla in group (after she told me we shouldnt have done that) and had Jollee do his big love is good speach.

Bastillas responce, stunned silence! Not a freaking word said! Even though every single word Jollee said was directly related to our storyline (I was disappointed, was hoping for great things there, a arguement or debate between jollee and bastilla at a min).

Thats just one example but they are endless in K1.

Every NPC does NOT have something to say in conversations! Not by a long shot!

And NO K1 npcs have the involved interaction that you can have between Atton and Handmaiden on Nar Shaddar when approached about giving up the Ebon Hawk.

I have explored every communication line in K1 number of times over, seems to me your just imagining things in game that were not there. Perhaps its time you reloaded up the game again to see whats actually in it.

Ehm, I have to go with Carth, he has more lines than Atton when just traveling (lvl-up or 6/7) on Taris alone...

Welp its obvious you have a thing (not sexual) for carth so we never going to agree here. Suffice to say Atton has more imo.

Bastila; Also have to go with Bastila here. She might speak sooner, but she also had alot more to tell

huh? Sorry what game did you play? Thats just wrong! Even personal opinion cant support your claim here.

Mission; Mission by far... Mira only had 5 convo lines or so?

huh? Lets see, mission has zal being captured storyline, her brother storyline and welp thats really about all.

Mira has being turned jedi storyline, hanharr storyline, mandalorian storyline. Hmm actually seems Mira has more!

Hanharr; Agreed here

HK; Yup... HK from Kotor1 is alot more fun, but I believe Kotor2's has more convo (as only one, together with T3)... Might have something to do with me never being able to fix him for his stories in the first Kotor...

T3; Yep... Kotor2 T3. But that is also just because OE noted Kotor1's T3 was completely useless

Jolee; Jolee has alot more stories to tell you

Jollee tells you about his past, the war, his wife, her death, and then the trial storylines.

Handmaiden tells you about her past, Atris, her jedi training, and then the atris side quest.

seems about even to me. Handmaidens effect storyline much more directly though.

Canderous; Agreed

Juhani; Also agreed here

did i mention disiple should be shot?

1. Mandalore's helmet and Revan's orders

2. the true reason for the mandalorian wars

3. Kreia's intentions from the very beginning to the end

4. the whole lot of details linking Kae and Kreia (much like Revan and the pc in kotor1)

5. that Goto is Chodo's lost intelligence droid

6. HK's psychological arsenal against Sion

7. the true Lesson of Strenght, the very heart of Kreia's teachings

8. the fate of master Vandar

9. HK's role in the mandalorian wars

10. what exactly is a wound in the force

Could you do, or have you already done, a post explaining some of these things? I'd love to see that.

NO they dont! Im playing K1 right now (for the gawd knows how many time) and K1 npcs definately do not have something to say in every convo. In fact K1 has glaring mistakes!

For example, when i finished romance with bastilla (prior to temple of course) I got Jollee speaking about wife and love. I intentionally had Bastilla in group (after she told me we shouldnt have done that) and had Jollee do his big love is good speach.

Bastillas responce, stunned silence! Not a freaking word said! Even though every single word Jollee said was directly related to our storyline (I was disappointed, was hoping for great things there, a arguement or debate between jollee and bastilla at a min).

Thats just one example but they are endless in K1.

I didn't mean that they spoke when other chars were telling their story. I was talking about when Revan talks to a NPC and then they add all these fun lines...

Something VERY common (almost always) in Kotor1 and never (except forced chars) in Kotor2

Every NPC does NOT have something to say in conversations! Not by a long shot!

And NO K1 npcs have the involved interaction that you can have between Atton and Handmaiden on Nar Shaddar when approached about giving up the Ebon Hawk.

You mean with Bao-Durs "I'll take the stupid one that decided to threathen us instead of shooting while he could"?

In that case; the Kotor1 NPC's had random lines with each other during the journey; not a small story fixed at one point... (Bastila tripping Mission anyone?)

I have explored every communication line in K1 number of times over, seems to me your just imagining things in game that were not there. Perhaps its time you reloaded up the game again to see whats actually in it.

No, I remember both Kotor's quite good...

Welp its obvious you have a thing (not sexual) for carth so we never going to agree here. Suffice to say Atton has more imo.

I have something for Carth :ermm::( ?

Meh, I damn well know Carth had alot more to talk about than Atton... no preferences here...

huh? Sorry what game did you play? Thats just wrong! Even personal opinion cant support your claim here.

Than the facts should do the trick :p

huh? Lets see, mission has zal being captured storyline, her brother storyline and welp thats really about all.

Mira has being turned jedi storyline, hanharr storyline, mandalorian storyline. Hmm actually seems Mira has more!

So it is about storylines now? I thought it was about convo lenghts. Anyway, Mira doesn't have alot to tell about any of these...

Jollee tells you about his past, the war, his wife, her death, and then the trial storylines.

Handmaiden tells you about her past, Atris, her jedi training, and then the atris side quest.

seems about even to me. Handmaidens effect storyline much more directly though.

Jolee has long...long stories. Handmaiden just has some quick answers to questions...

did i mention disiple should be shot?

You just did...

You mean with Bao-Durs "I'll take the stupid one that decided to threathen us instead of shooting while he could"?

Nope I mean the long exchange between Atton and Handmaiden when that guy just before refugee sector approaches you about giving him the Ebon Hawk.

Reload game and check it out, its priceless and nothing in K1 even compares to it :(

PS: but Baos comment was damn funny as well :luck: