2. He liked Gospel.

3. He couldn't get a fair trial.

But then there were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was Italian:

1. He talked with his hands.

2. He had wine with every meal.

3. He used olive oil.

But then again there were 3 good arguments that Jesus was an Australian:

1. He never cut his hair.

2. He walked around barefoot all the time.

3. He loved fishing.

But there were also 3 good arguments that Jesus was Irish:

1. He never got married.

2. He lived at home until he was 33.

3. He was sure his mother was a virgin and his mother was sure he was God.

BUT.... ladies you will like this one......

The most compelling evidence of all - 3 proofs that Jesus was a woman:

1. He fed a crowd at a moments notice when there was no food.

2. He kept trying to get a message across to a bunch of men who just

didn't get it.

3. And even when he was dead, he had to get up because there was more

work to do

He was there, he wasn't born Jesus. He had some claim to Royalty. And he was killed as an example.

No he didn't die for your sins children. He died for the same reason that Plato died, he was a thorn in the governments side.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I said Christ(The Messiah,the one to fulfill the messianic prophecies).

The man known as Jesus was nothing more than a religious reformer,if he even existed that is.

This individual didn not fulfill the messianic prophecies therefore he was not the Christ.

(-Perhaps I should delete this post,I'm really not in the mood for another religious debate,they're never friendly).

Edited by Baley

Yep, because you can't debate.

You just bash.

Anyhey, fairly good job Mojo.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I said Christ(The Messiah,the one to fulfill the messianic prophecies).

The man known as Jesus was nothing more than a religious reformer,if he even existed that is.

This individual didn not fulfill the messianic prophecies therefore he was not the Christ.

(-Perhaps I should delete this post,I'm really not in the mood for another religious debate,they're never friendly).

I would discuss this with you in a friendly manner if you wish. Though seeing the interesting turn the thread has undertaken, I doubt you are still in the mood.

No he didn't die for your sins children. He died for the same reason that Plato died, he was a thorn in the governments side.

The right example would be Socrate :huh:

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Now,my dear Julian,I am open to debating this matter,if that is what you desire,but I must say that I would prefer to bury this whole discussion as it is sure to lead to simple minded insults.

Now now, when have you ever seen me insulting anyone? :huh: I see this more as a discussion where both of us could learn something from each other. But of course the topic of discussion between you and Muso? is much more interesting, and I am already learning much...

I wasn't referring to you,Julian.You seem to be fairly open-minded and deistic in your beliefs.

Remember now,the fundies are lurking,in every dark corner of our beloved forum.Are we ever truly safe? But I digress.

If you wish to continue this discussion of ours,I will participate as much as I can.

Okay. I was interested when you said that Jesus did not fulfill the messianic prophecies. I wonder which ones you are talking about? I do know that Jesus did not fulfill many of the prophecies in the literal sense but isn't that the fundamentalists' way of thinking to literally interpret religious scriptures?

Of course, if you want to talk about more interesting subjects, I am open to suggestions. For example, a story I heard is that Jesus was swimming one day and some guy who didn't know how to swim thought Jesus was walking on water... :D

If Jesus was real, he would have had a dark skin tone, becuase of the area he lived in and being out in the sun all the time.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I do know that Jesus did not fulfill many of the prophecies in the literal sense but isn't that the fundamentalists' way of thinking to literally interpret religious scriptures?

Of course,but keep in mind that we're talking about the core teaching of Christianity.

I wonder which ones you are talking about?

He failed to(among others) :

-Build the Third Temple

-Gather all jews back to Israel

-End all oppression,hatred and bring world peace.

Now a smart Christian might counter that with the second coming,but I ask you this:

Isn't the the Apocalypse the most recent book in the bible? A book that can be interepreted in so many ways.

That being said,Jesus was supposed to outright perform those deeds,a task he has obviously failed.

I'll leave you with a quote:

"On the other hand, the savage veneration of these completely unbalanced souls could no longer endure the Gospel doctrine, taught by Jesus, of the equal right of all men to be children of God: their revenge took the form of elevating Jesus in an extravagant fashion, and thus separating him from themselves: just as, in earlier times, the Jews, to revenge themselves upon their enemies, separated themselves from their God, and placed him on a great height. The One God and the Only Son of God: both were products of resentment . . . ."-Friedrich Nietzsche,The Antichrist

If only more Christians would follow his[Jesus] teachings.

Edited by Baley

Literally interpreting these prophecies, Jesus fulfilled none of them. But let's consider the last one first. If it is fulfilled in the literally sense, how shall we ever exert our conscience and free will again? If we are rid of all injustice and hatred, how shall we distinguish between justice and injustice, hatred and love ever again? The way I see it, there is only a state of progress in humanity or a state of stagnation or decadence. Since I am not taking these words literally, I think Jesus came pretty close. He has got 2 billion people somewhat familiar with His teachings (all that 'love thy neighbor' and 'turn the other cheek' stuff). Now Jesus won't make them all do as he said since that would take away our free will, so it's really up to us whether we work towards ridding the world of all injustice and hatred or not.

As for gathering all Jews back to Israel, the state of Israel was reinstated, by two Christian nations nevertheless. :wub:

As for the Third Temple, I would say that all buildings will diminish away through time. Even the grandest of them all does not last forever. What significance there is if God Himself builds something so insignificant. On the other hand, a temple of hearts could last forever.

One problem with religion is that there comes a point when logic simply no longer apply any more. We could use physics and astronomy to prove that the Sun exists on paper, but all we had to do was to look up at the sky. Similarly, when it comes to religion, I believe that the Christian scholars are wasting their time trying to prove that Christ fulfilled each and single one of the prophecies. Christ being the most influential person to ever grace this earth is the single most convincing proof that He was something special.

Hope all this ranting actually makes some sense. :)

Er yes... because clearly the son of god, born of an immaculate conception is going to obey standard rules of heredity? We're lucky he didn't have five arms and a trunk.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Literally interpreting these prophecies, Jesus fulfilled none of them. But let's consider the last one first. If it is fulfilled in the literally sense, how shall we ever exert our conscience and free will again? If we are rid of all injustice and hatred, how shall we distinguish between justice and injustice, hatred and love ever again? The way I see it, there is only a state of progress in humanity or a state of stagnation or decadence. Since I am not taking these words literally, I think Jesus came pretty close. He has got 2 billion people somewhat familiar with His teachings (all that 'love thy neighbor' and 'turn the other cheek' stuff). Now Jesus won't make them all do as he said since that would take away our free will, so it's really up to us whether we work towards ridding the world of all injustice and hatred or not.

We can never truly get rid of our "negative" traits.To free ourselves from them would be do relinquish all our "positive" characteristics as well. As you said,we need to hate so we can love.

Society has progressed over the years,but I wouldn't say religion has been a governing factor.Organised Religion seeks to enslave the individual,to make him close his eyes,to systematically blind him.If one renounces his will to question he renounces his chance at progress.

The religious utopia presented in the prophecy is unlikely from a logical point of view.But isn't being the son of a virgin mother illogical as well(at least 2000 years ago)?Or spiritual resurrection?

If he can return to life isn't it just as feasible that he could alter our notion of good and evil?

If Christians are correct then he is God.He has dominion over our souls.

As for gathering all Jews back to Israel, the state of Israel was reinstated, by two Christian nations nevertheless. :wub:

Until every jew moves to Israel the prophecy is not fulfilled.

As for the Third Temple, I would say that all buildings will diminish away through time. Even the grandest of them all does not last forever. What significance there is if God Himself builds something so insignificant. On the other hand, a temple of hearts could last forever.

Did he actually build a temple of hearts? Are Christians not as morally "corrupt" as the rest of us?

Aren't Christians the most avid supporters of the death penalty?

Most Christians I've met don't even care about his teachings.All they care about is Salvation.

Christ being the most influential person to ever grace this earth is the single most convincing proof that He was something special.

Jesus has no influence,the church does.They twist his words to suit their needs.They always have and always will.

Society has progressed over the years,but I wouldn't say religion has been a governing factor.Organised Religion seeks to enslave the individual,to make him close his eyes,to systematically blind him.If one renounces his will to question he renounces his chance at progress.

Never liked organized religions much myself.

The religious utopia presented in the prophecy is unlikely from a logical point of view.But isn't being the son of a virgin mother illogical as well(at least 2000 years ago)?Or spiritual resurrection?

As for spiritual resurrection, it is ... spiritual ... from my personal understandings. Christianity's prophet was killed yet the religion grew into life - Christ's teachings spread and his followers multiplied. I guess I would say that Christ is resurrected in people's hearts.

Until every jew moves to Israel the prophecy is not fulfilled.

Did he actually build a temple of hearts? Are Christians not as morally "corrupt" as the rest of us?

Aren't Christians the most avid supporters of the death penalty?

Most Christians I've met don't even care about his teachings.All they care about is Salvation.

I see no actual proof that these two prophecies are fulfilled myself. I guess I frankly just don't care that much. Neither do I care whether Jesus should be entitled Christ. 'Christ', just a name or a notion.

Jesus has no influence,the church does.They twist his words to suit their needs.They always have and always will.

Again, the problem is that Christ has no interest in designing a perfect system to spread his teachings. He rather decided to let men do it themselves. The church is corrupt but still only a tool for the religion of Christ. Without Christ, the church has no power. Look at history, the church and pope have lost significant power over the last millennium, Christ's power only grew.

As for spiritual resurrection, it is ... spiritual ... from my personal understandings. Christianity's prophet was killed yet the religion grew into life - Christ's teachings spread and his followers multiplied. I guess I would say that Christ is resurrected in people's hearts.

Yes i'm sure the irony of it being spread at the end of a sword isnt lost on anyone.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]