PS3 or XBOX 360

jedi_master_05

I am just wandering if you guys would rather buy the PS3 or XBOX 360 when the time comes.

The PS3 wont be available for a while yet. Although I'd get one of those for a couple of reasons. It has the sort of games I like to play , it has a blu ray player and DVD 9 is going to have serious space issues. As well as having a blu ray player ready for when movies are being released in that format.

It's almost certain that my wife will be gifted a Japanese PS3 when the time comes.

To be honest though it's the revolution that has me exited.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

PS3 is the one I'm saving for. Mostly for the Blu-ray player. This gen is looking a LOT better for the Xbox than last gen RPG wise so I might pick one up at some point. It just wasn't worth it for me to get an Xbox this gen because all the games I was interested in were on PS2 or PC so there was no point in getting one.

I also don't care about multiplayer, so that removes the major selling point of the 360 for me.

PS3: Blu-Ray, slightly more powerful than the 360, likely more japanese developer support, meaning more JRPGs, which is what I buy a console for.

360: Better japanese developer support than the Xbox.

Revolution: Backwards compatible with all nintendo systems. Letting me play the awesome SNES JRPG library, as well as being able to snag the 3 or 4 games for the Gamecube I wanted. Nicest looking of all the new consoles

So the PS3 has 3 points, the Revolution has 2, and the 360 has one. This is prior to the release of any of them, so I'll have to wait and see what happens before making a real decision.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Revolution controller looks uncomfortable. With the PS3 controller, it looks like a boomarang. The 360 controller is the most comfortable controller I've ever held, and I'm not just saying that.

Well apparently at e3 or whatever, they said that the controller design for the ps3 wasn't the final one, so hopefully they'll change it.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I also don't care about multiplayer, so that removes the major selling point of the 360 for me.

Revolution: Backwards compatible with all nintendo systems. Letting me play the awesome SNES JRPG library, as well as being able to snag the 3 or 4 games for the Gamecube I wanted. Nicest looking of all the new consoles

First I have to clarify: PS3 will be released with seven available wireless controllers allowing loads of multiplayer goodies just like the 360.

Second, I thought Revolution was only bc with Gamecube.

The reason why i would get a 360 is because yes there are a lot of RPGs to support the system which is good and when Halo 3 comes out that'll just be even better!!! And the PS3 would be fun too because i do like a big majority of the the games Sony comes out with. Ps my bad for not putting it in console and gaming i wan't think :D :">

At the moment, of those two, Id choose the X360, solely for the number of RPGs I know are being developed for it. Especially as it seems to have increased JRPG support this generation. I even read on gamespot early today that Squenix is considering bringing the next generations of FF (not XI only) and DQ to both PS3 and X360.

However, I am also quite looking forward to the Rev.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

I'll go wherever Suikoden goes.

First I have to clarify: PS3 will be released with seven available wireless controllers allowing loads of multiplayer goodies just like the 360.

7 player split-screen *shudders* 360 definitely has the advantage for multiplayer with the whole online thing.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

Second, I thought Revolution was only bc with Gamecube.

Why...in the HELL...would you only allow seven players? Why not eight? What ever happened to fair teams. :thumbsup:

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I am just wandering if you guys would rather buy the PS3 or XBOX 360 when the time comes.

Im going with XBox 360 but it really just depends on what games you interested in that are created for that platform only.

For me, Mass Effects, JE2, and the hope of KotOR3 makes XBox 360 a done deal.

I'm undecided. I really want to be able to play my favourite PS2 ttles (I have a lot of those nowadays) and the Blu-Ray player would be an awfully nice feature to have in my living room.

I do, however, like the Xbox connectivity and I'm disappointed that Sony once again leaves the online part to the developers. It didn't quite work for the PS2 and I see no reason why it would be better on the PS3, except for the fact that the PS3 at least comes with pre-installed network capabilities.

I've never liked Nintendo, but they're really making a strong case for themselves. I was having the best time of my life in gaming when graphics looked like something you'd find in your navel, so the new graphical advantage of the PS3/Xbox 360 doesn't excite me at all. Nintendo seems to be the only company that are serious about wanting to invent, to develop, to offer the players something new. If the controller works out and the machine is a good one, if Nintendo's online plan works and all those games they claim it will be able to play actually are playable, then the Revolution looks like a good contender. I've always wanted to play Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door..

I am guessing that if I'll buy a machine it'll be after all three are released so I can compare them to each other and weigh their pro's and con's then. Right now it's too difficult, as the Xbox 360 is shining too brightly with its impending release where the others haven't even showed their final design.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Interestingly despite the 360's imminent release the PS3 is still the most anticipated console in the UK.

I was chatting to someone yesterday and we both came to the conclusion that it's in everyones best interest that all three consoles remain othewise your going to be paying

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Before any of there I still have to buy myself an Xbox and Gamecube. Maybe for Christmas...

Xbox so I can play Ninja Gaiden Black, Jade Empire, Crimson Skies and Halo 2

Gamecube so I can play MGS Twin Snakes, Eternal Darkness and all the Mario and Zelda games.

Damnit.

As for Next Gen well I'm undecided. I'll probably just build myself a new awesome computer(mine is getting old). Then I'll see what games eventually come out for the various systems.

Nothing has really interested me in the various consoles(I'm speaking strictly gamewise here) except for MGS4 for PS3 and Mass Effect for 360. So it's too early to tell.

Before any of there I still have to buy myself an Xbox and Gamecube. Maybe for Christmas...

Gamecube so I can play MGS Twin Snakes, Eternal Darkness and all the Mario and Zelda games.

Damnit.

As for Next Gen well I'm undecided. I'll probably just build myself a new awesome computer(mine is getting old). Then I'll see what games eventually come out for the various systems.

Nothing has really interested me in the various consoles(I'm speaking strictly gamewise here) except for MGS4 for PS3 and Mass Effect for 360. So it's too early to tell.

Might want to check the BC list for the 360 , see if those games are on there.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardco...tygameslist.htm

478327[/snapback]

Damnit.

Might want to check the BC list for the 360 , see if those games are on there.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardco...tygameslist.htm

Heh, all of them are. Guess I'll buy a 360 when the time comes then. Which is after the price has dropped.

Heh, all of them are. Guess I'll buy a 360 when the time comes then. Which is after the price has dropped.

Saves you wasting money on an Xbox at least. You have to get the deluxe package though. Core dosnt have an BC ability at all.

478327[/snapback]

The BC for 360 is stil growing. Its not going to stay at around 200 games so it may well be the case that your fav xbox titles end up being playable on the 360.

Yeah but it's emulation. Leaving aside the having to connect to live or jump through hoops to get the files. Does anyone know how large the files actually are ?

Not much point if your going to end up filling your HD with nothing but emulator files.

478327[/snapback]

I'll go wherever Suikoden goes.

7 player split-screen *shudders* 360 definitely has the advantage for multiplayer with the whole online thing.

Nintendo is giving it away :)