Are any more patches coming?

HAHAHAHAHA!

The game has been abandoned for months. The only reason LA released the media patches because of pressure from the community. Obsidian had those patches done for months and months but LA just sat on them until recently. Obsidian has moved on to Neverwinter Nights 2 and PNJ. LA has abandoned KotOR 2 and pretty much forced Obsidian to do the same.

There are no more official patches coming. For all purposes KotOR 2 is abandonware.

I don't know if their referring to the official movie patch or not but to quote the Christmas PCZONE UK Issue 162 (page 113, right side under Snippets)

"Star Wars Movies

If you're a fan of KOTOR II despite its low-res movies, you'll be happy to know that NVIDIA's teamed up with Obsidian Entertainmentto bring you an unofficial patch that updates all of the ingamemovies with gorgeous hi-res versions.May the Force be with them."

And here's the Link

Looking at the file names they appear similiar to the official patches file names, so maybe someone got duped.

I don't know if their referring to the official movie patch or not but to quote the Christmas PCZONE UK Issue 162 (page 113, right side under Snippets)

"Star Wars Movies

If you're a fan of KOTOR II despite its low-res movies, you'll be happy to know that NVIDIA's teamed up with Obsidian Entertainmentto bring you an unofficial patch that updates all of the ingamemovies with gorgeous hi-res versions.May the Force be with them."

And here's the Link

Looking at the file names they appear similiar to the official patches file names, so maybe someone got duped.

I think it is the movie patch, so I think you are right...

Someone has been duped :wub:

For all purposes KotOR 2 is abandonware.

Nope. The definition of abandonware is that the game in question is no longer sold in any way or form.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Think about it a patch is supposed to fix game issues, what if there are no more bugs to fix so why release a patch? If you have problems with it send Obsidan a email about it and they might do something about it, you cant pull patches out off ur a...... arse :(

You are very naive.

If you think I meant that complaining *now* that we already shelled out $50 for kotor2 would make them publish a new patch, then you're mistaken. I wasn't very clear but what I wanted to say is, it could convince them to sell a game more finished like kotor1 than the player = beta tester game that is kotor2.

No it wouldn't. They got your money and why would they spend it now for more patches? It will cut in their bottom line. Like I said, Obsidian would love to give KotOR2 the proper support it needs but LA is saying no because they don't want to spend the money. You spent $50 on an abandoned game and nothing you can do will change that. Just don't buy LA games in the future. The developer can't do jack and shat without the publisher's permission and money.

Oh? K3 isn't even on planning stages.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

With "they" you mean what? Lucas? I rather doubt it. They'd have to...no, they need to have a decent developing studio to go by(just imagine Lucas making an rpg. Not a change there) and one that is capable has yet to show up. Obsidian? I highly doubt that assesment, as they're a relatively new studio and have already two games in the making; where'd you get the people needed to design K3? On that note, I believe Obs doen't want anything to do with Lucas for a while. But hey; let's say that they're going to make the game, first comes NWN 2, that's somewhere near next May, now if they keep a small vacation, the pre-stages of development would start somewhere near August. After that; they'd propably want a solid schedule to work with the game, let's say...two years? And that's with transferring people from PNJ to speed up the process. You could, relatively get the game eralier, but would you like another rushed product. I thought so. So, you might get K3 as early as 2009! OMG!11 How's that for waiting?

Now, next somebody is going to say that the oh-so-grand Bioware can both develop AND publish the game. They have resources and willingness! Sorry, but no. The reasons are, as follows: Jade Empire 2, Mass Effect, Dragon Age and the yet unnannounced scifi-rpg(Star Citadel? It's not K3, as they started planning it before K1 came out). How's that for a schedule? I bet that Bioware, too, doesn't want anything to do with KotOR and Lucas for a while. Sure, they say that "Working with Lucas was great", but going by your logic Craftsman; that's quite a load of bull****. No one likes the suits.

Then there's Floodgate and those dudes who made Demonstone(Stormfront?). Give me a break. Would Lucas give nearly nil-experienced devs their crown jewel? What? You think Obsidian was a beginner too and they got K2. Well, you could say that, but there's a heckload of gifted people, with amazing curriculum vitaes to boot. Black Isle, Origin, Sir-Tech, Looking Glass, etc. Unexperienced? Bah. And yes, I know Floodgate has just as amazing people working there(Paul Neurath to name one). Than again; they're making mobile games now. :D K3 for mobile!

Edit: Oh, damn it. What a ramble! :">

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

No it wouldn't.  They got your money and why would they spend it now for more patches?  It will cut in their bottom line.  Like I said, Obsidian would love to give KotOR2 the proper support it needs but LA is saying no because they don't want to spend the money.  You spent $50 on an abandoned game and nothing you can do will change that.  Just don't buy LA games in the future.  The developer can't do jack and shat without the publisher's permission and money.

I guess not every company can be like Paradox Interactive, they produce buggy games but also 4+ patches for each of their games.

The last LA game I bought before K1+2 was Star Wars Rebellion, several years ago, and now I remember why. :thumbsup:

LucasArts has never been big on patches. Never in any game of theirs I've played have they released more than 1 or 2 patches if I recall correctly. Though really few of their games are buggy enough for it to matter. I actually think it's pretty mind-blowing that KOTOR2 wasn't totally broken on release. It was developed in like record time, especially for an RPG.

Edited by swaaye

LucasArts has never been big on patches. Never in any game of theirs I've played have they released more than 1 or 2 patches if I recall correctly. Though really few of their games are buggy enough for it to matter. I actually think it's pretty mind-blowing that KOTOR2 wasn't totally broken on release. It was developed in like record time, especially for an RPG.

True, even with K1.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧