DQ IX and FF XIII possibly on Xbox 360

Epiphany

Sqenix are doing FFXI which is usually where the confusion comes from.

Since every other JRPG has gone slippedy slip till the middle of next year anyway it sounds like a bit of a scam.

You might see some older FF stuff, but the 360 isnt a machine which particularly exites square since they reached the limit of DvD technology with FFXII.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

You might see some older FF stuff, but the 360 isnt a machine which particularly exites square since they reached the limit of DvD technology with FFXII.

I guess M$ should have put more money into their console and less into an MTV spot with Frodo ;)

Well the Japanese sides pretty much fallen flat. The lounge in Tokyo is all but abandoned (I mean have you see the arcades they have there). Only 12 Xbox titles are backwards compatiple and with the exeption of DO4 (which I think is still on track) there are no big releases for the launch.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Well the Japanese sides pretty much fallen flat. The lounge in Tokyo is all but abandoned (I mean have you see the arcades they have there). Only 12 Xbox titles are backwards compatiple and with the exeption of DO4 (which I think is still on track) there are no big releases for the launch.

There are over 200 backwards compatible titles for the Xbox 360. :|

Dragon Quest IX and Final Fantasy XIII

This is very doutful.

Atleast not for a good, long while after the PS3 release.

.... Does anyone else find SE releasing FFXI on the Xbox 360 a bit odd?

If I had to associate one MMORPG with the Xbox crowd, I would instantly say

World of Warcraft.

FFXI is a fantastic game, best MMORPG I've ever played. But... It's not what the Xbox 360 is aiming to be. The game was build from the PS2, and then ported to the PC. Very low quality graphics, 30 FPS cap, no AA/AF support... The game is very simple.

There are over 200 backwards compatible titles for the Xbox 360. :|

And most of them crap.