Christmas is coming!

Bokishi

Child you hate christmas... but you plan to be a priest.... I see a logical fallacy in that. You're supposed to revere Christmas because it's when Christ your savior was born...

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Child you hate christmas... but you plan to be a priest.... I see a logical fallacy in that. You're supposed to revere Christmas because it's when Christ your savior was born...

Why? My plans are roughly the same as Eru's(cloth and all), and I too hate 'mas. I hate what it stands for today. THe shopping sprees, the adds, the rushes and the ever-present 'mas-songs, which'll clot every station and store and monger. THe whole, "happy happy buy buy"-mentality. It being the messiah's b-day is a different thing altogether.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I enjoy the pagan aspect of christmas, it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside. However i hate the endless loop of christmas songs in dept stores.

I do enjoy the food and the preparation of food and also the time off work (moot point at the mo, hehe.)

Edited by Surreptishus

Christmas is coming? I knew that, it's snowing where I live!

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Why? My plans are roughly the same as Eru's(cloth and all), and I too hate 'mas. I hate what it stands for today. THe shopping sprees, the adds, the rushes and the ever-present 'mas-songs, which'll clot every station and store and monger. THe whole, "happy happy buy buy"-mentality. It being the messiah's b-day is a different thing altogether.

^ :ermm:

I agree so much with this statement, when it comes to Christmas, the whole of the English societies mentality just plain pisses me off, because everyone is so materialistic, although i definatly still celebrate it because of the fact it is Christ's birthday :).

I don't know if we have the same 'magical feeling', but I do feel warm and bright watching snow fall on perfect scenery while it's dead quiet in the night and only the moon lights my way to granny's old house.

My kind of christmas.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I too get that "magical feeling" on Christmas morn, but i guess its just the run-up to the whole of the day, with everyone rushing about all the time and worrying about things so much :ermm:.

I actually love the day when we get to it, just for the sense of being with my family, and everyone being happy and in good spirits all the time...

I agree so much with this statement, when it comes to Christmas, the whole of the English societies mentality just plain pisses me off, because everyone is so materialistic, although i definatly still celebrate it because of the fact it is Christ's birthday :ermm:.

No it's not. The calender is wrong.

Most of the holiday was adapted (or stolen depending on how you feel) from the pagan festivels.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

^That means jack siht, and you know it.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

Ok sure, its just that i was brought up to believe that. :D

No need to feel bad , it's not like your the only one.

The holiday lost it's shine after I found out Santa Claus was made up by Coca Cola.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Ok sure, its just that i was brought up to believe that. :D

No need to feel bad , it's not like your the only one.

The holiday lost it's shine after I found out Santa Claus was made up by Coca Cola.

Now I have to grapple with eaither ruining it for my kids (when they are a bit older) or lying to my kids, which is something I'd really rather not do.

478327[/snapback]

^That means jack siht, and you know it.

It means your celebrating the wrong day :D

It's quite meaninful that the holiday was stolen from the pagans, same occured with easter too.

I'm not celebrating the day, I'm celebrating the event of Jesus's birth. I could as well do it a week later, but I really don't care.

You forgot first of july et al.

kirottu said:

I'm not celebrating the day, I'm celebrating the event of Jesus's birth. I could as well do it a week later, but I really don't care.

You forgot first of july et al.

My point exactly, it's not an accident that these holidays just happen to coincide with major pagan festivels. Any more than the new secular version of shop till you drop (or run out of money) just happens to be at the same time as the christian version.

478327[/snapback]