Other characters..

I've read in an interview with one of the designers of this game that they chose not to make the game playable as a multiplayer-game because of the complications in having two separate plot lines. Still, having played through about half the game, I've come up with a way that it might be done. Why not allow the player to play another character?

Mandalore's quest to reunite the mandalorians would make an excellence subplot and there has to be a way to make the main story line interact with the Mandalore's agenda. Mandalore could for instance take advantage of the disarray on Oberon to launch a new attack, while hunting for the exile as the 'bad guy'. So, maybe the game could be played as a duel. I understand this would be complicated, but don't you think it could be done? What do you think?

Also it would be nice just to be able to play Mandalore or another character in the game instead of the Jedaai...

Well as you've probably noticed, theres a lot of cut content and bugs throughout just the single player campaign. If they didn't have to time to complete the single player game as it was supposed to be then you could probably understand how trying to add the multiplayer would just make things worse and probably more incomplete.

I've read in an interview with one of the designers of this game that they chose not to make the game playable as a multiplayer-game because of the complications in having two separate plot lines. Still, having played through about half the game, I've come up with a way that it might be done. Why not allow the player to play another character?

Mandalore's quest to reunite the mandalorians would make an excellence subplot and there has to be a way to make the main story line interact with the Mandalore's agenda. Mandalore could for instance take advantage of the disarray on Oberon to launch a new attack, while hunting for the exile as the 'bad guy'. So, maybe the game could be played as a duel. I understand this would be complicated, but don't you think it could be done? What do you think?

Also it would be nice just to be able to play Mandalore or another character in the game instead of the Jedaai...

My guess would be is because it cuts down on the cutscreen interactions and backstories if someone else playing one of the NPCs. Which honestly would take away from the KotOR games.

Think about K1, what if a player was playing HK. How many ammusing and entertaining dialoges would have been lost and replaced with "wat up dude".

I do think multiplayer RPGs are doable with out diminishing the quality of them, but I just cant see K1 or 2 being such games to be honest.

KotOR 1 was also a single-player only game, and that was almost flawless. It's not even that Obsidian didn't have the time (which they didn't) but that KotOR is a series that isn't really conducive to a multiplayer experience. It's a story-driven game, and having to tell the story from multiple perspectives would be a daunting task, to say the least.

Live forever or die trying.

jengaaaaux2.gif