Obsidian Want to make Kotor3 Confirmed!

Guest Dowie100

Guest Dowie100
But while Obsidian is hard at work trying to finish up Neverwinter Nights 2 for a summer release, they're also hard at work on another unannounced project. All we have at the moment is speculation based off of some concept art of dwarves resembling those popularized by Snow White but we do know is that this new game will use Unreal Engine 3. Urquhart also mentioned their desire to do a Knights of the Old Republic 3 should LucasArts desire it in the future. I'd be surprised if they didn't.

Dont believe me heres the link here

May I be the first to say WOOT!

Well you can take Bioware out of the picture since there making Jade Empire 2 so its either going to Obsidan or someother company

If the Obsidan ppl checked this once and a while mabye we can get a answer :p and of course there is LA

This thread is almost as funny as the fake link thread... almost...

So, all that is known is that somebody somewhere with a wild imagination has confirmed that they think it is so...

The only official comments so far from Obsidian is, Kotor3 is not in development to the best of their knowledge and that their new project (New Jersey) is not a sequel.

Not sure if I should laugh out loud here or just say sorry, somebody is pulling your leg here :(

Edit: Oops, I didn't get the "want to" part. That was so old news I thought somebody thought it as ""will do" as Schmarth said....

Edited by Gorth

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

This thread is almost as funny as the fake link thread... almost...

So, all that is known is that somebody somewhere with a wild imagination has confirmed that they think it is so...

The only official comments so far from Obsidian is, Kotor3 is not in development to the best of their knowledge and that their new project (New Jersey) is not a sequel.

Not sure if I should laugh out loud here or just say sorry, somebody is pulling your leg here  :(

Edit: Oops, I didn't get the "want to" part. That was so old news I thought somebody thought it as ""will do" as Schmarth said....

Good news that Obsidian WANTS to do it.

Cant really see LA turning them down as its such a huge money maker.

Course KotOR series is slowly starting to sound like FOX in regards to (forget name now, first 2 XMen director).

For what ever reason (no matter how successful both XMen were) FOX never wanted the director and has now replaced him.

KotOR series also hugely successful yet LA seems to throw it on the back burner and pay it little attention.

Anyone wanna even GUESS how much income they have lost now by not going ahead with KotOR3 soon as K2 was a hit?

Just dont understand these companies sometimes!

But while Obsidian is hard at work trying to finish up Neverwinter Nights 2 for a summer release, they're also hard at work on another unannounced project. All we have at the moment is speculation based off of some concept art of dwarves resembling those popularized by Snow White but we do know is that this new game will use Unreal Engine 3. Urquhart also mentioned their desire to do a Knights of the Old Republic 3 should LucasArts desire it in the future. I'd be surprised if they didn't.

We'll if they do make it than I hope they end the series well.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

We'll if they do make it than I hope they end the series well.

I wouldn't say end the series. Just end the Revan plot at three. Although, with the facts that KOTOR III (if its made) will have a large scale war, it might take more then just one more game to move on from Revans plot.

it's wonderful when a obisidian dev mentions something about Kotor III. If they do decide to do it they better NOT make the same mistake like they did with Kotor II. I don't want to have to be highly reved up then be highly disappointed on the next possible sequel if it does turns out to be a duddy game.

Edited by Bastilla_Skywalker

The monumental difference between "want to" and "will do" is such that I don't raise an eyebrow to this news.

Yep, I want a 512mb GeForce GTX but it ain't gonna happen (for a long while yet anyway). Ok, I know it's a different situation but I do agree that want is a good sign and at least Obsidian I would hope have the resources/name to try and make it happen - you work towards things you want right?

At this current stage, I would say K3 is no closer though until someone starts writing it. It'd be nice... :)

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Can't have too many of these K3 confirmed threads now can we,

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester