Who shot first?

Darth_Schmarth

Why is this such a big issue, anyhow? I keep seeing this Greedo non-sense. Can someone explain it or PM me or something?

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

In the original cut of A New Hope, Han shoots at Greedo, a known bounty hunter, first, thus establishing that he is not a total numbskull and has a rougish sense of survival.

In the Special Edition, GL had decided that Han shouldn't shoot first because 'he's the good guy' instead letting a known bounty hunter walk right up to him, while he has a bounty on his head, and take the first shot, thus making everyone wonder how the hell Han survived as long as he did as smuggler if he's so freaking dumb.

The truth is that Obi-Wan did it.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

Does shooting first make Han "bad"?

If your life is at stake and you see an opotrunity to save yoursefl by killing the agressor, just do it. It is always like this-the good guy kills the bad guy. Anly a really juvenile geek can think that Han has to be a stereotypicall "goody-goody two shoes" that always does the "honorabe" thing( just like the Jedi :devil: ) and not shoot first in order to save his life.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

Shooting first does not apply. The bounty hunter was clearly going to take Han's life. I'm not even sure that Greedo coudl have been that stupid. I reckon he had got tanked up and was intending to play a practical joke on Han.

Or Mossad did it.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The comedy option. Where is it? I'm disappointed.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

It is an interesting question with parallels in current international affairs and echoes in the accepted US neo-con policy of pre-emptive strike.

Of course, there has always been a tacit acceptance (if not endorsement) of such a policy, so said policy was not the contraversial aspect; it was actually the codification of said policy so as to give it more credence and in fact empower it with extra power as a deterrent.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

comedy, meta, total comedy. hehehe

Okay, my take is that Han should have shot first, even if he didn't. My second take is that Greedo should have shot him from accross the bar. What I take from all this is that Princess Leia in the bikini is still the hottest star wars chic.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Pruned thread

When I first watched this movie in the mid 70s ( yes I am that old. Let's not make too much of an issue of it eh? :- ), Han fired under the table as Greedo decided that Han was worth as much dead as alive. I hadn't realised that it had been changed.

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

Despite G/L tampering with the evidence in best Anti-Trotsky style image manipulation, there are just too many surviving witnesses who saw the real version in 1977 (me included).

Besides, if Greedo really had wanted Han dead, he was either too stupid or would have used a rifle and taken him out from a distance...

Han was just a thug and a casual killer :-

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein