Attack or defence

Which is most important when fighting?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which is most important when fighting?

• Attack- Killing an enemy in 1 round is easier
    • Defence- If the enemy cannot hit you, you can take your time

I have to go for defense follow by counter attack!

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Which stat do you focus on?

Dexterity to improve your defence rating

or strength to improve the damage you cause.

I personally believe that killing someone quickly is easier than focusing on defence.  What styles will you focus on in TSL?

like karate 90% defense 10% offense, avoiding peoples attacks is the way to show them they are just a lil b*tch

hiiiiiii yaa :wub:

Looking at it I think lightside characters would focus on defence so they can survive longer whereas a darkside character would rather go for brute strength to finish off an enemy as quickly as possible, and not really care hoe many times they are hit.

The style would probably change depending on light/dark allegiance.

Attack is the best defense, isn't that what they say? ^_^

Yes they do but they also say that a good offense begins with a strong defense!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Looking at it I think lightside characters would focus on defence so they can survive longer whereas a darkside character would rather go for brute strength to finish off an enemy as quickly as possible, and not really care hoe many times they are hit.

The style would probably change depending on light/dark allegiance.

well i always play darkside and i go for defense simply to frustrate an opponent :ph34r:

Offense. I prefer choking the life out of my enemies at a distance with my Dark Side Consular. :)

I personally can't wait to snap an enemy's spine like a twig, ala the Force Crush animation in the trailer.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Offense. I prefer choking the life out of my enemies at a distance with my Dark Side Consular. :)

I personally can't wait to snap an enemy's spine like a twig, ala the Force Crush animation in the trailer.

Ah but that is using force powers! What about when using a sabre?

Well....as a Consular it usually doesn't matter much, since I have my Strength and Dexterity both at 8 so I can concentrate on Wisdom and Charisma.

As such, when it does come to a saber fight, the only real option is defense. :)

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Well....as a Consular it usually doesn't matter much, since I have my Strength and Dexterity both at 8 so I can concentrate on Wisdom and Charisma.

As such, when it does come to a saber fight, the only real option is defense. :)

But if u have a low dex then your defense is poor. So you would need amour but if u r using a lot of force powers then you dont want to be wearing amour!

Wait i'm confused! :)

As such, when it does come to a saber fight, the only real option is defense. :p

But if u have a low dex then your defense is poor. So you would need amour but if u r using a lot of force powers then you dont want to be wearing amour!

Wait i'm confused! :)

:D ;) me to :)

Depends on the character, if Guardian, then offence. If Consular, then defence.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I prefer dex a lot. The bonuses to defense are a lot better than the bonuses to damage from strength.

But in principle, I think it's easier to kill an enemy before he hurts you than it is to wait him out. KOTOR just doesn't do a good job with this, mechanically speaking.

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out