U.S. Universal Healthcare

WITHTEETH

How come we do not have a more universal healthcare system?

Joe schmo with 4 kids and a 10k annual pay job can get healthcare for free. What about me, how come i have to pay for his healthcare when im not offered that luxury? I have to scrape by as an independant contractor, paying high taxes without free healthcare and go to the university hospital to get treated like a guinea pig, yet still pay a ton.

How come President Bush gave a trillion more dollars to our seniors for their Healthcare? I don't see any of it? Statistics show that they die a week later, this is when we spend the majority of the money.

One person use to be able to support twenty of our seniors, and now its only 2. Its great that these seniors can defy their age but its costing me my life, and other childrens health.

Why do these seniors reap the benefits of my work? because they are the ones that vote. Its Politics.

There are tons of countries with universal healthcare, why can't the richest(suppposedly, no thanks to Bush and his record deficit) have a healthcare system? Is it ethical that a child is less important then a 90year old man? Should that man get treatment and not the child? :shifty:

So what are your opinions? :)

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

The Goverment is corrupt.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

There are tons of countries with universal healthcare, why can't the richest(suppposedly, no thanks to Bush and his record deficit) have a healthcare system?

and most of those countries with universal healthcare cannot afford it, and, what they do provide, is substandard compared to US provisions. canadians that can afford better healthcare come the US and pay for it out of pocket (they aren't allowed to do that there...).

socializing healthcare will ruin it. there will be no incentives for medical professionals, no competition, and the quality of care will bottom out. HMOs have already damaged the level of care we get now.

the medicaid drug benefit, IMO, is the second worst travesty ever inflicted on the people of the US. first is social security.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Ah taks, ignorant as always, you take one peak at Canada and think you know all about welfare states and their health care, yet you've never lived in one. :rolleyes:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Ah taks, ignorant as always, you take one peak at Canada and think you know all about welfare states and their health care, yet you've never lived in one.  :rolleyes:

A good point. Though I wouldn't talk about ignorance while trumping a sig like that. Thanks. :)

It's a quote from a movie.

Edited by thepixiesrock

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Most countries with free health care also have very high taxes. And in the US it's even more complex because we are just so big. Canada has a much smaller population to deal with.

The whole system is pretty much a mess, whether you have universal coverage or not.

I never claimed I wasn't ignorant towards Christianity, by the god(s) you guys have deserved a little flak after a millennia of repression and murder. :rolleyes:

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Ah taks, ignorant as always, you take one peak at Canada and think you know all about welfare states and their health care, yet you've never lived in one.  :rolleyes:

A good point. Though I wouldn't talk about ignorance while trumping a sig like that. Thanks. :)

It's a quote from a movie. Now who is ignorant?

You mean, it's a quote? Really??? :) In his case, it also reflects something he believes.

I never claimed I wasn't ignorant towards Christianity, by the god(s) you guys have deserved a little flak after a millennia of repression and murder. :thumbsup:

You get no argument from me. :thumbsup:

Edited by Mothman

and most of those countries with universal healthcare cannot afford it, and, what they do provide, is substandard compared to US provisions.  canadians that can afford better healthcare come the US and pay for it out of pocket (they aren't allowed to do that there...).

socializing healthcare will ruin it.  there will be no incentives for medical professionals, no competition, and the quality of care will bottom out.  HMOs have already damaged the level of care we get now.

the medicaid drug benefit, IMO, is the second worst travesty ever inflicted on the people of the US.  first is social security.

taks

You really think our healthcare is that great to begin with? Everything is overpriced, People are made to wait hours in our emergency room because its overcrowded. Its overcrowded because we don't have healthcare to do a reular check up, so when something is wrong, its bad. Children do get sick believe it or not.

I should be fair, youre probably all for Universal healthcare IF we could afford it right? Well if we don't make room will we ever be able too? How about we stop a war, not go to the moon, and aid our own citizens into becomeing doctors so that we don't need to keep importing our great doctors.

Yes this new medicaid drug benefit is a farce. I personally wouldn't mind S.S. if they made it work properly. You can're retire off it, and Bush doesn't pay Peter back his money after giving it to Paul.

Myspace Website!

My rig

You mean, it's a quote?  Really???  :rolleyes:  In his case, it also reflects something he believes.

You don't know for a fact if it is his personal belief. I felt I needed to tell you it was a movie quote, because your statement assumed those were his beliefs.

But regardless. how does that make him ignorant? Because he doesn't share your beliefs?

You get no argument from me.  :rolleyes:

Well woohoo spank my godless heathen arse and call me Odin, the Christian agrees with me. And here I thought you were about to give me a good burning. (pun intended) :)

DENMARK!

You mean, it's a quote?  Really???  :rolleyes:  In his case, it also reflects something he believes.

You don't know for a fact if it is his personal belief. I felt I needed to tell you it was a movie quote, because your statement assumed those were his beliefs.

But regardless. how does that make him ignorant? Because he doesn't share your beliefs?

Because it's unfair and not true. I could say atheism destroys us by promoting ignorance, barbarism, and immorality. Some might believe it, but it's not true.

And Lucius has made it clear that that sig reflects his personal opinion.

BTW Lucius, I was referring to the part I bolded, not the whole quote. :)

Edited by Mothman

Because it's unfair and not true.  I could say atheism destroys us by promoting ignorance, barbarism, and immorality.  Some might believe it, but it's not true. 

It all depends on who you are talking about. I know many religious people like what his signature describes, and many religious people not like that. You say it is untrue, but it is true for some people. Just as what you could say for atheism could be a true account for some people.

Nope, it is not untrue, I quoted it because it is exactly the truth in MY opinion. And obviously also in the mind of Kevin Smith, a Catholic director with very good grasp on reality, unlike some people. :rolleyes:

DENMARK!

Because it's unfair and not true.  I could say atheism destroys us by promoting ignorance, barbarism, and immorality.  Some might believe it, but it's not true. 

It all depends on who you are talking about. I know many religious people like what his signature describes, and many religious people not like that. You say it is untrue, but it is true for some people. Just as what you could say for atheism could be a true account for some people.

I still disagree. But we'll just have to leave it at that so we don't spam the life out of another thread. :rolleyes:

Yes, enough religious talk, lets talk about that corrupt Government, and how they are trying to control our lives!

I just want The Truth.

Yes, enough religious talk, lets talk about that corrupt Government, and how they are trying to control our lives!

I just want The Truth.

We are all descendants of reptiles from another planet. They control are goverment and use us for experiments.

Don't tell ANYONE THIS, or else you will disappear man. Seriously. Seriously dude.

:rolleyes:"

:ph34r:

Myspace Website!

My rig

I just want The Truth.

We are all descendants of reptiles from another planet. They control are goverment and use us for experiments.

Don't tell ANYONE THIS, or else you will disappear man. Seriously. Seriously dude.

:rolleyes:"

:ph34r:

I'm assuming you are talking about the Reptillians, yes? They live on an astroid like rock, and the Greys serve them as slaves. They have sent the Greys here to Earth to make a deal with the Government. The Greys are preparing for the Reptillian invasion to make it easier for them. Well, that is one theory, yes.

There are tons of countries with universal healthcare, why can't the richest(suppposedly, no thanks to Bush and his record deficit) have a healthcare system?

and most of those countries with universal healthcare cannot afford it, and, what they do provide, is substandard compared to US provisions. canadians that can afford better healthcare come the US and pay for it out of pocket (they aren't allowed to do that there...).

socializing healthcare will ruin it. there will be no incentives for medical professionals, no competition, and the quality of care will bottom out. HMOs have already damaged the level of care we get now.

the medicaid drug benefit, IMO, is the second worst travesty ever inflicted on the people of the US. first is social security.

taks

Why not mix the two systems? Allow people to opt out of universal healthcare coverage if they choose to. Good doctors will attract the clients who can afford them, and we won't have people attempting to fix the black death with half a capsule of Nyquil because they can't afford to see a doctor.

All I know is that when I dislocated my shoulder, I got to wait in line for like.. 2 hours. Then I got a mitella, a bunch of too strong pain killers (that knocked me the **** out, as you say in MMA) and a brutal doctor that pulled my shoulder back in place (although it had popped right back in by itself much earlier).

Swedish healthcare is almost free (it cost like.. $16 that time), but sometimes it sucks.

I have an american friend that was hit by a car and broke her ankle. She was forced to wait in the ER for several hours (not entirely sure, but I think it was 4 or 5) and had to sue the person hitting her to be able to pay for the medical care. When all was said and done the hospital wanted $100.000! I don't know about you guys, but for me that's an awful lot of money.

The main difference between universal healthcare and private healthcare is that the people who can afford it can get superb healthcare in both systems, but only in a universal healthcare system do you get good healthcare (at least functioning healthcare) without being forced into personal bankrupcy. I prefer our system.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Ah taks, ignorant as always, you take one peak at Canada and think you know all about welfare states and their health care, yet you've never lived in one.  :(

no, i know canadians. i've spoken with several that have the money and they come to the US. when i was up there this summer, the group i was speaking with was quite aggravated that they were not allowed to get their own healthcare. too bad.. sorry, but the US leads in quality health care.

i'd be careful referring to people as "ignorant", as you've already been warned once about lobbing ad-homs. i have no qualms watching you get banned.

taks

You really think our healthcare is that great to begin with? Everything is overpriced, People are made to wait hours in our emergency room because its overcrowded. Its overcrowded because we don't have healthcare to do a reular check up, so when something is wrong, its bad. Children do get sick believe it or not.

i didn't say it was cheap, nor great, i said it was better. government subsidies will make these problems worse, withteeth, not better.

I should be fair, youre probably all for Universal healthcare IF we could afford it right?

not on your life. i stated exactly what i thought, that government subsidized anything can not, nor will not ever work.

I personally wouldn't mind S.S. if they made it work properly.

they can't. look at how SS is structured. it is a pyramid scheme. as long as there are more people paying in than taking out, it has a chance... but that changes real soon. pyramid schemes, btw, are illegal for private enterprise, yet somehow OK when the government does it. funny.

oh, btw, even if there were a way to make it solvent, i don't think SS or medicare are good ideas. take government involvement out, and the market has a better chance to level the playing field.

taks