You thought A Halfdragon mindflayer was bad?

Kaftan Barlast

The group I play D&D with wanted to start a new game with one for the player(that has never GMd before) as new GM, one that would be less focused on combat and more of a talkie. So I created a human nobleman of sort, I felt that I might have overdone it by chosing the swashbuckler class since its so focused on combat. But I was soon to discover what characters the other players had done..

Char1 had white hair and was rather pale, I thought nothing of it. The other player was being secretive so I knew she was up to something but she always is so I didnt think much of that either.

So we began to play and lo abd behold.. Char1 didnt just have a problem with his complexion, he was somekind of friggin celestial/elemental/whatever!! But what comes next is just too much :ninja:

CHar2 was a dragon... thats right A FRIGGIN DRAGON!!! :o ..not a half-dragon, nooo.. Im talking the REAL DEAL here but in convenient human disguise. I didnt think she was serious at first but she was. So there I am, a regular John Smith with a celestial on my left and a dragon on my right..

...and this was supposed to be a low-key, non-combat campaign :)"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I was quite surprised to say the least.. :wub:

but in their defense, it hasnt really been noticeable yet but I think that will change once when we do some combat at which point my character will just quietly stand by and watch the others tear the enemy to pieces. I think their characters pretty much crashed the CR system so I dont how that will work out at all.

and since the dragon is the GMs girlfriend, shes is probably going to get away without any consequences

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Yes, but they seem to have successfully neutralised it with "house rules" :wub:"

Won't they just get bored when they mash the campaign monsters to pulp?

And then when they (inevitably) attract the attention of some Duke of Hell out for an easy kill with his minions and plagues, won't that get a tad boring? Or Tiamat wants a new gold dragon skin rug? (It is a Gold Dragon, right? There the only ones that normally go around in human form, iirc. All the others hate humans: too beneath them to fraternise.)

I guess they have to get it out of their system, in order to move on. (Your character indicates a much more stable personality, though: maybe these others need to express themselves this way to work out some issues? :-")

Maybe the GM will let you play a big bad enemy to tackle the

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I rather think it opens up a lot of fun roleplaying. But combat hasn't been a great focus for me when gaming for the last 10 years or so.

The most interesting way to deal with the dragon though is to curse her or something so that she would be stuck in her human form. That would provide for interesting roleplaying (not to mention the foundation of an entire campaign).

I'm happy playing an elf. What's with people these days??

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I love city-based roleplaying sessions. I enjoy playing an Enchanter especially in those cases.

BUT, with all that over-the-top weirdness, I think the GM should force them to reroll by making the nation's Council of High Wizards suddenly put them all in a magical cage and banishing the superbeings out of their dimension. Time for new (specifically, "normal"), characters.

The group should ditch those "house rules" which do away with ECL penalties. That's why they're there -- to prevent outrageous situations like that.

That's why I like books like Savage Species or Libris Mortis: You CAN play those monstrous races, but they aren't as all-powerful as in the MM, and instead they have to pick whether or not to get another level (and thus more innate power) as their race-class, or go up in their other class. A bit of balance along with the player's desire to be a funky race (even a succubus/incubus, or Wight, RAAR).

And as for dragons, I don't have the Draconomicon; it just seemed to power-gamer munchkinish.

And Celestials suck! :lol:

evil_twin.jpg

Well, the problem is that Im the only one who thinks this is out of line and Im not the GM :( So all I can do is sit quietly by as the others do their stuff.

And to add insult to injury, the dragons human form is a 10yearold girl but that in no way stops her from taking the lead while talking to NPC's or doing other things that isnt possible to do for a little girl like attending the Duke's ball or purchase weapons.

Well, the problem is that Im the only one who thinks this is out of line and Im not the GM :( So all I can do is sit quietly by as the others do their stuff.

And to add insult to injury, the dragons human form is a 10yearold girl but that in no way stops her from taking the lead while talking to NPC's or doing other things that isnt possible to do for a little girl like attending the Duke's ball or purchase weapons.

Hmm...would this player by any chance be ten years old? :-"

I mean, jeez, when I was playing D&D when I was ten, our group evidently had awful imaginations. We just gave everyone vorpal swords. :ermm:

My advice to you would be to join in. Talk to the DM about how your character is less powerful than everyone else, and either deserves a much higher level or the opportunity to add some extra things to him.

...Then make him a gold dragon in human form with a bratty 10-year-old gold dragon daughter. :(

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

The sad thing is that everyone in the group is between 20-24 and I like to consider myself a 'serious' roleplayer.

The thought of "joining in" had actually ocurred to me, but I havent found a concept outrageous enough yet. Or wait! How about Id play a daemon lord of one of the 9 hells of Bator?! :()

The sad thing is that everyone in the group is between 20-24 and I like to consider myself a 'serious' roleplayer.

The thought of "joining in" had actually ocurred to me, but I havent found a concept outrageous enough yet. Or wait! How about Id play a daemon lord of one of the 9 hells of Bator?! :ermm:)

That's not big enough! No, you play the son of one of the lords of Baator...and your mother is no less than the Spider Queen, Lolth, herself! :D

Alternatively, it turns out you Swashbuckler is actually the King of Somewhereland (perhaps you could even rename him Captain Gars) travelling in disguise, and simply by saying a certain codeword, he can summon up a huge army of forty million 20th level knights all equipped with +5 platemail and +10 bastard swords of instant death!

Also, he has a special ability that can blow up the prime material plane as a free action. :("

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!