Troika

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I find it funny that people putting Troika in their lists.  If they were one of the best then they wouldn't be dead.

Translation: Looking Glass Studios, Strategic Simulations Inc., and Black Isle weren't some of the best, otherwise they wouldn't be dead.

Insults removed. Don't do it again. -- Shadowstrider

Edited by Shadowstrider

BIS, SSI, and Looking Glass are no longer the best because they are dead.

Nothing in the thread implies or states people have to a) conform to your opinion, and b) that electing their Top 5 or Top 10 gaming development houses has to be made based on existing companies only.

Just because you don't agree with my asessment you decide to do some old fashion juvenile flaming.  Pot.  Kettle. Black.

Your 'asessment' is nothing more than your perspective, not a universal rule. Other than your self-serving, ever-changing morality, there is no reason to not take into account videogame companies who have ceased their functions when determing such lists as the ones in this thread.

Cry more, sugar.

Thing is it is my opinion that there is no single game company that is the best let alone five or ten.  Each game company has its own style in which may or may not coincide with a person's individual tastes.  In other words it is completely subjective to the individual gamer which is a very poor lithmus test to determine which game company is the best.

This from the person who had stated only moments ago that the reason given companies were not the best because they were already dead. Now it's something else, or some other reasons instead. You'll never change. Yeah, you're definitely one to talk of empirical sources. Try making concise points instead of hiding behind thin and poorly argumented vague statements before trying to appeal to common sense while riding a virtual high horse.

1. Interplay (Long live Fallout! Long live Rock & Roll Racing!)

2. Konami (Long live Castlevania-series!)

3. BioWare (Baldur's Gate for everyone!)

4. Blizzard (Although their customer support blows goats, they've made Starcraft and WoW and Diablo-series.)

5. ID Software. (Doom, Quake, multiplayer. Nuff said.)

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

I find it funny that people putting Troika in their lists.  If they were one of the best then they wouldn't be dead.

Oh boo hoo. They were a good company otherwise people wouldn't be talking about Arcanum and VtM: Bloodlines with fondness. Many things can bring about a company's untimely demise.

ding! we have a winner! :(

Yes we do.  :(

Currently only Bioware gets the benefit of the doubt regarding games from me. If im on the edge not sure to buy or not, Biowares previous products will push my in the favor of buying.

Beyond that, I really dont think there is a GREAT game studio out there.

Obsidian did great with KotOR2 ( personal opinion) but need far more successful titles to sway someone.

Blizzard was good but then they created that POS called World of Warcraft and pretty much lost all respect from me cause of it.

Only other studio I can think of (in the old old past) was SSI RPGs. Those I would buy soon as I saw.

Really cant say the same about any other studios to be honest.

Blizzard was good but then they created that POS called World of Warcraft and pretty much lost all respect from me cause of it.

Only other studio I can think of (in the old old past) was SSI RPGs. Those I would buy soon as I saw.

That's odd. Most people usually agree that World of Warcraft is the best thing that's happened to MMORPG's so far. I'd say it's a great game. I never liked strategy games though and Diablo (both of them) suck in my opinion, so..

But I do agree with you about the SSI games. I used to buy the Gold Box games as soon as they reached my game store shelves, without thinking twice about it. I had totally forgotten how it felt to trust a game company so completely until you reminded me just now. I wish there were more companies like that..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!