CoF's Thread.. about the smashing pumpkins

Child of Flame

word is Billy wants to put the band back together

He said he "misses his band"

I heard that too, but was usure of how reliable the source was. I'm a big fan, and would love to see a comeback tour.

It's true, it was in the Chicago Sun.

But he's going about it like a lunatic.

And he and Iha still hate each other's guts.

I accordance with the wishes and kind advice of a man...who we shall refer to him as "Mr Chimp" from now on.. this thread has been reopened and given a title that better reflects its topic as the previous topic could have been intrepreted as signalling that this was in fact, a spam thread.

and again, dont thank me.. thank Mr Chimp. :)

"Thoughtcrime is death. Thoughtcrime does not entail death. Thoughtcrime is death."

CoF, just because your boat has a plug in it that doesnt men you have to pull it out while your in the middle of the lake, you know?

I have to say that Ive never understood whats so good about Billy Corgan. I liked that hit they had when I was a kid but that was it.

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Well, it's just, what I said in the first post was true, but the only reason I made it was because Darth Launch had her own thread, and I was jealous.  :thumbsup:

Hey! I've got a friggin' 10,000 word dissertation to write and a minimum of 200 participants to find! What's your excuse? <_<

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

Well, it's just, what I said in the first post was true, but the only reason I made it was because Darth Launch had her own thread, and I was jealous.  :thumbsup:

Hey! I've got a friggin' 10,000 word dissertation to write and a minimum of 200 participants to find! What's your excuse? <_<

The internet makes me act irrationally.

Also, you're just Kaftan's alt account, that's crazy talk!

I let my alternate personalities do all my work for me. I just retire to the subconscious and relax :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I am listening to Mellon Collie and the Inifinite Sadness right now

great cd :thumbsup:

Mellon Collie has even got better with age for me, and I liked it a lot back in the day. It's full of gems. It's the only Pumpkins album I ever had though.

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

Well, I used to have the album, but it was taken away from me by my mother when she heard the line "Emptiness is loneliness, and loneliness is cleanliness, and cleanliness is godliness, and God is empty just like me." It offended her delicate Christian sensibilities I guess.

Anyhow, I just downloaded it again the day before I made this thread, the first CD, not the second (damn you dialup), and I'm basically appreciating it a lot more than I did when I was twelve.

As for answering what is so awesome about Billy Corgan...well, not much.

I heard his solo album was okay, but Zwan really wasn't great, even though it totally had some awesome musicians in it. His only real accomplishment is forming the Pumpkins, who were totally awesome.

I can't speak for their other albums, but at least Mellon Collie, is one of the most complex, if not the most complex rock album I have ever heard. I cannot even begin to imagine how complicated some of these pieces must be to play, and the layers upon layers of guitar and bass, blended with everything else seem to me more like a symphony orchestra than a simple rock band.

I mean, rock music is good and all, but most of it is just a group of chords repeated more or less over and over again the entire piece, it gets boring to listen to after awhile, no matter how totally sweet and awesome it is (pretty much any* Green Day CD is a good example of this).

Mellon Collie I can pretty much listen to over and over again, and it doesn't get boring.

Then you start to look at how much variation between different genres there is just on this one double disc album, and it becomes pure concentrated awesome (there is so much variation that when you look on the P2P ID3 tags they can't even decide what genre it is).

So, yeah.

*Warning! does not exist, it is a figment of your imagination, a very, very, bad figment of your imagination.

Edited by Child of Flame