New Heros of Might and Magic V preview

kumquatq3

Fool me once, shame on you, feel me twice, shame on me...

I'll wait and see how it turns out. Homm IV was just plain bad :)

Crossing fingers, hoping, all that sentimental stuff :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...

Why doesn't HoMM 5 get more attention than this? Aren't there any hommunists in our cadre of members? As for myself; I'm eagerly anticipating this, even though some of the design decisions(dark elves? wth?) annoy me.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I'm interested, but my faith in such claims from game companies grows smaller every year.

But at least they're trying...I really thought they'd shelved the series for all time.

Edit...oh wait...I'm thinking of the other series when I said shelved for all time. Doh. Well, my interest is still up there.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Fool me once, shame on you, feel me twice, shame on me...

I'll wait and see how it turns out. Homm IV was just plain bad  :thumbsup:

Shame on you, Homm IV was teh rux0r.

Didn't read it fully yet, but the graphics caught my eye. I fear that too much eye candy is gonna choke the feel of this game not to mention that I kinda like that levelbased flatness that so easily run on not-even-close-by-a-longshot-to-high-end graphics cards...but I guess it could be kinda fun if you could zoom in so closely that it can be played as an FPS too...looking at some of those really close close-ups.

(Signatures: disabled) 

Homm IV was a criminal offense against all good taste.

The music was repetitive, the gameplay crap, the "animations" made people look like they had **** their pants when walking and the "heroes" had lost all their individuality and flavour.

Adding an extra dimension to combat movement added nothing to the game.

The only thing I can remember from top of my head that they did right was forcing players to choose development branches for cities, allowing armies to move around without heroes and the little numbers that showed how many turns it would take to go somewhere on the tactical screen (and the modifiers for ranged attacks).

Not much to show for all the damage they did to the game (they ruined both heroes, might and magic)

:thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Homm IV was a criminal offense against all good taste.

Homm IV was the first in the series to actually include heroes...before that they were just beastmasters and if they lost their pets the hero was lost too...that's just plain lame.

edit: some quote snuck in.

Edited by Janmanden

(Signatures: disabled) 

No it's not. That's Dark Messiah of M&M, an action "RPG" game (dev'ed by Arkane Studios)

HOMM5 is being made by Nival, makers of Silent Storm, Etherlords, Blitzkrieg, etc. I would be interested in it, but Civ4 already has the TBS side of things covered for me, and I don't really have time for another in the mix.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)