Darth Nihilus

I think the answer is 99% yes, unless LucasArts will make the really lame decision to resurrect him. I think, however, that even they are wise enough not to do this.

Also, when Visas looks at his face after he 'died' - it don't tell us who he actully was.
"A man, nothing more". For me, this is sufficient. I doubt Exile even knew the man that would become Darth Nihilus.

As far as I know, when a DS guy dies, he goes into some kind of horrible limbo between life and death, so technically yes, he is dead. I don't think he'll be coming back.

Also, when Visas looks at his face after he 'died' - it don't tell us who he actully was.

There have been many theories on who the face could be. Some have said that Nihilus is the Exile's leftovers of the Malachor V destruction, so it had the face of the Exile... possibly?

Personnally, I don't dwell on it too much. I just enjoy the game, and nether tend to read into it too much.

When you talk to Kreia (or was it Visas?) about Nihilus, they say that he's more of a force wound than flesh.

So, when he dies, the little bit of willpower that was maintaining that semblance of a man dissolves and dissipates into nothingness, I'm thinking.

And when Visas said she sees only a man, nothing more ... I interpreted that to mean that her damaged Force Sight didn't see the ebb and flow of the Force Wound from him anymore; meaning that his power was gone and the shell of a force-dead man lingered in the force.

If that makes sense.

:huh:"

evil_twin.jpg

When you talk to Kreia (or was it Visas?) about Nihilus, they say that he's more of a force wound than flesh.

So, when he dies, the little bit of willpower that was maintaining that semblance of a man dissolves and dissipates into nothingness, I'm thinking.

And when Visas said she sees only a man, nothing more ... I interpreted that to mean that her damaged Force Sight didn't see the ebb and flow of the Force Wound from him anymore; meaning that his power was gone and the shell of a force-dead man lingered in the force.

If that makes sense.

:)"

To us Star Wars and/or KOTOR geeks... yes.

I think Visas's line about seeing nothing more than a man was just a way to put a final twist on Nihilus's character. I mean in the entire game, Nihilus was depicted as an uber-poweful (ha ha) Sith Lord more terrible than anything at the time. It didn't seem possible that he could even be human, especially with the power he weilded. Yet after he died, Visas looks at him, and sees a being not unlike herself. So while Nihilus may have been powerful and unstoppable, in the end, he was still just a man.

Edited by Mothman

Nihilus's name may have evolved from a concept of nihilism, which might mean a state of being empty or hollow. (Just a suggestion)

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Nihilus's name may have evolved from a concept of nihilism, which might mean a state of being empty or hollow. (Just a suggestion)

Definitely. :blink:

yeah that's true, and sion comes from scion wich mean a kind of student I think (wich fits his caracter perfectly) even if I think the term "darth" should'nt be there, at least they gave a meaning to their name like vader-father. instead of darth revan and darth malak.....

hi, I go to the darkside so now i'm darth jonathan..... right

If that makes sense.

:thumbsup:"

To us Star Wars and/or KOTOR geeks... yes.

Made perfect sense to me! (w00t)

I know that it is lame. I was being sarcastic.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

... his body dissolved into an aura of dark side energies.

Is he actully dead?

Getting back on topic.

I thought he was "dead" or undead before you ensure his final departure from the known world. He strikes me as someone that is like a vampire, he feeds of life energy forces from worlds.

But it's nice of the Exile to make sure he becomes one with the Force once again. :ninja:

Okay, just running over a few things for any newb's posting... :thumbsup:

A) There are at least 2 things Visas can say: Either the "A man, nothing more," or something about an empty ship graveyard floating around a desolate planet (which is about the same thing she sees in you, or so she says)

B) On one of the loading messages, it talks about how Nihilus was REVIVED on Malachor V, which, IMHO, leads one into a deep philosophical (theoretical) discussion, which I shall summarize here:

Nihilus died, the Dark Side energies or something else equally evil brought him back as only a mere shell of his former self. Only, to keep himself alive he devours the energy of those around him. He is basically an Exile to the extreme; the Exile purposefully (albeit accidentally) cut himself off of the Force, and drains in energy to attempt to fill the hole where the Force was ripped from him. Nihilus had both Force AND Life ripped from him, so naturally drains a lot more energy to 'replace' both. Should the Exile be 'plugged up,' he could, in theory, continue to live. Nihilus, on the other hand, is literally "Nothing" (which is what Nihil means, of course), and would cease to exist without something to give him 'substance.'

Just a very very very very very very very very very very very very brief overview of what I gathered after 5 times through (over a period of almost a year). It's open to suggestions or corrections, but all that I have seen either goes towards proving this or, at the very least, not denying a lot of it.

C) When Visas sees nothing more than a man, it is true, maybe, that it is a summurization (sp?) of how all things are equal in death. But, maybe she could be lying (she was never 'truly' good, although she ditched her evil side in one scenario; if I had to give her the ever specific D&D alignment, I'd probably give her a Chaotic Good (no neutral in Star Wars, pagan infidels! :- )). Either way, I'd prefer if that whole moral was left to the Masque of the Red Death, thanks...

D) I doubt we'll ever know, unless the *****es at LucasArts decide to make a decent 3rd game to clean up all the holes left by the 2nd ... Is anybody seeing a parallel to the Matrix here, or is that just me? :p

Well, I'm done rambling for a while, I think...

Edited by The Great Phantom

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

Nihilus might also mean a concept of what is seen as a sort of phantom. (Particularly with the masked apperance) Basically lacking a form of being substantial.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧