LS or DS?

Which path was more enjoyable for you and why?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Which path was more enjoyable for you and why?

• Lightside
    • Gray
    • Darkside

I often find myself playing LS :thumbsup: . But recently i went DS :thumbsup: male and it was really fun. I still think I like LS more because i like the whole hero motif.

I can honestly say that I have only gone DS in either game once. That was in the original. I have a bit of an old fashioned conscience, and a problem: it made me physically ill to do these "fake" mean things to fake people. I never went dark again.

Lightsider all the way. o:)

And shepherds we shall be,

for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth unto Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be,

In Nomine Patris, et Fili, et Spiritus Sancti.

Well I don't get physically ill being DS... but that's prolly just because I never actually *manage* to be DS hehe. I've played through KOTOR and KOTOR2 twice each, the plan was for the second run through to be DS because my "gut responses" all took me to LS the first time. Try as I might though I feel really stupid running around going "get out of my way or I'll kill you!" "What do you want you shutta!" or similar :p

The only thing I'm looking forward to doing as "dark" is the assassination stuff for the secret organization in KOTOR2... I kept having LS mastery and enjoying my bonus when I ran into them and cringed at the thought of being bumped off the mastery ;) I should probably play a "in between" type (in other words not keep avoiding all DS stuff I might normally actually do just because I'm all happy about my mastery bonus). Overall though (from what I've read about the Ds vs. Ls endings) I find the Ls endings more rewarding anyway, well in as far as you can find the "ending" of KOTOR2 rewarding :p

I prefer to play in lightside because it gives good consciousness lol  ;)

Playing DS has it's benefits as well. You get to do acts you would not be able to do in real life and get away with it. :)

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I choose the choices that are the most opportune to me at the time or in the future, as such about 1/3 of the time i pick light side dialogue options and 2/3 of the time i pick dark side dialogue options.

I dont try and play dark and lig, i play as my own character andi always end up dark side, not far from dark grey.

Also doing things like ordering those exchange thugs to jumo in the pit was a service to nar shadaa and should be considered a blessing by the people in the nar shadaa world isntead of a dark thing to do, i always was puzzled when that idiot that direct the thugs to you for money then runs away when i get rid of te thugs for him...pfff

Also, one question, when you talk to atris she unsheath syour lightsaber, you can declare as such in dialogue as well, when atton asksyou what colour your lightsaber is i alway say silver, so i know that blade atris is mine. My question is is it at all possible to get that blade from her? do you have to help her and shell give it to you? cause killing her doesnt makethe lightsaber drop...and thats really pissing me off :/

I've often wondered that, but I don't know if it ever comes up. I've helped her, kissed her butt, argued with her, everything short of kill her and it hasn't been given to me yet. And apparently killing her won't give it to me either, from what you are saying.

Edited by SSgtSniper

I play Lightside... with dark force powers. I tend to only get the Cure, occasionally speed and the rest are all force choke, kill, storm, etc. I don't like plauge or insanity though.

Well, in K1, Revan was Darth Revan. I think he should retain some of his former powers. Although I don't like to use force storm or kill every encounter, I do enjoy having it there as a ...last resort. I somehow feel that using the force constantly is... juvenile and flaunting your power isn't big or clever. I always remember the quote in the game Starcraft from Tassadar to Kerrigan - which went something like this, "Not all of us choose to flaunt our power in adolescent displays" (or something along those lines).

As to K2... well, with Kreia's teaching about having too narrow a perspective, I figure that it's good to take a balanced view/knowledge of the force, even if I choose to play Lightside.

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

Guest The Architect

Imagine how Canderous would act if he was the main character making all the decisions. It is kind of difficult to explain, but I act just like Canderous would. This means I'm a darksider, but I'm not ultra dark. I'm about 3/4 dark. But I voted dark side because I choose the path of the Sith in the end. I did in KOTOR and I did in KOTOR II.

I actually tend to use very few powers myself, Dyan. Now freezing a room full in the Trayus Academy does give me a kick, but for most of the game I use the more 'internalized' powers. Speed, Valor, Force Barrier, Energy resistance, and of course heal. That's most of what I use.

• 2 months later...
I prefer to play in lightside because it gives good consciousness lol  ;)

Playing DS has it's benefits as well. You get to do acts you would not be able to do in real life and get away with it. ;)

true

Darkside is a form of unleashing the true power, and using it for your own benefits and then crush the weak >=)

for some reason, no matter how hard i try to be light, i end up on the dark side. maybe cuz all the dark side characters are cool, and the light side characters are so whiny and anoying. i cant stand being all self-rightous, spouting jedi code and all. i hate that wookie, though; so i stay neutral until i get to nar shadaa to get mira, then make her a dark jedi. i just want everyone to know what i think of them... its a lot funnier that way, too; you can get a lot of laughs with your cruelty and suggestions to people. force persuade "you will give me all your credits and jump into the central pit" "(lie) yes all the lagraiks are dead" :thumbsup:

kotorsign.jpg

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."