LS or DS?

Which path was more enjoyable for you and why?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Which path was more enjoyable for you and why?

• Lightside
    • Gray
    • Darkside

Isn't there anything that doesn't lead to the Dark Side? That's what I hate about the Dark Side. Plus LS your nothing but an emotionless robot, repeating the reptivite Jedi code over and over again.

Grey Jedi is the way to go if I was a force sensitive.

I'll take neurtal over LS anyday.

So be it.

i guess everybody has their own opinion. as for me, i prefer the ds over d ls anytime and there is nothing nobody can do about it. it is unfortunate. janmanden, u could have become a powerful sith. but i see now that u prefer the lightside.

check out the picture. my version of darth revan

he is angry at all the peeps that made him go lightside!!! :thumbsup:

my darth revan fights with a single hilt and a double bladed lightsaber!!

all hail darth revan!!!

post-15151-1133042223_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lord Gabreil

• 2 weeks later...

The meaning with RPG is not to choose what you will become? like when you start the game you think that you'll become a sith. no.

When you play RPG and talk dialouges, then choose the line you would do if you were the person. Choose the option that fits you best, not whats good/evil. That's how RPG is played

The meaning with RPG is not to choose what you will become? like when you start the game you think that you'll become a sith. no.

When you play RPG and talk dialouges, then choose the line you would do if you were the person. Choose the option that fits you best, not whats good/evil. That's how RPG is played

That's very true but this is Star Wars. It's all about good and evil or Jedi and Sith.

Eh...no. Han Solo was neither.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Well how you should play is really down to you.

However the character should determine the event not the event determine the character.

In other words if you go through the game just clicking the LS/DS/Neutral options, your rather missing the point of what an RPG is.

In some ways you can blame the carrot of the mastery bonus. But then I've never liked carrots :D

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I like the Dark Side. I guess I justify it with the realization that the LS is not inherently good, and the DS is not inherently bad. Sure many of the choices in the game which net you DS points are cruel things, but some things which would net LS points would hurt many more people. Its much like the killing of a baby Adolph Hitler idea. To kill a baby would be wrong, but if that baby had been killed several million people would not have had to die. Almost any life or death decision can be considered evil or wrong... its all a matter of perspective. Obi-wan could be viewed as being evil. The Jedi council could be viewed as evil. It is all a matter of perspective. Allowing whole worlds to die so that they would not have blood on their hands could very well be the most evil thing.

The greatest evil is when good men do nothing.

Hah! just sit back and let the future unfold... What honorable man would allow that? Lets just ignore the evil that goes on in the world and hide. Save our own skin to let the future generations handle the problems we need to face.

maybe its because I follow the idea that it is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.

Edited by Devin_Ull

I honestly didnt care for DS in K1,2 or JE because it always comes down to just thuggery.

Back in AD&D (table top) I always played evil but CRPGs just fail to grasp that you dont have to kick the dog and kill the little girl to be evil.

Shado mentioned following the carrot and hes correct in that, but that also applies to the DS game in K1 or 2, choose the dirtiest, meanest, most nasty, most insulting reply and your DS.

There really is no way to play a thinking evil/good in K1 or 2. Both just as bad as the other for following a set path.

That's very true but this is Star Wars. It's all about good and evil or Jedi and Sith.

Yeah, well Solo wasnt Force-sensitive, so that doesnt matter. Most trained Froce-sensitives in the film are Jedi or Stih. That's what makes it Star Wars. In the films, there's no such thing as a 'grey' jedi, so therefore, grey jedis are nothing to do with the basic idea of SW. So there

Edited by Styur Voln

Yeah, well Solo wasnt Force-sensitive, so that doesnt matter. Most trained Froce-sensitives in the film are Jedi or Stih. That's what makes it Star Wars. In the films, there's no such thing as a 'grey' jedi, so therefore, grey jedis are nothing to do with the basic idea of SW. So there

Yes, they do. You could almost call Qui-Gon Jinn a gray Jedi, due to his obvious defiance of the Council on numerous issues. Not quite, but close.

That wasn't my point, *******. I simply disagreed with foxdez.

*** instead of the actual insult -Battlewookiee

Edited by Battlewookiee
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Shadow mentioned following the carrot and hes correct in that, but that also applies to the DS game in K1 or 2, choose the dirtiest, meanest, most nasty, most insulting reply and your DS.

Not really what I meant. What I meant was that by rewarding the extreme alignments in a tangible choice the game encourages extreme characters.

I've never played a character that just chooses an option just because it is either dark or light. My character make choices according to their feelings.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Shadow mentioned following the carrot and hes correct in that, but that also applies to the DS game in K1 or 2, choose the dirtiest, meanest, most nasty, most insulting reply and your DS.

Not really what I meant. What I meant was that by rewarding the extreme alignments in a tangible choice the game encourages extreme characters.

I've never played a character that just chooses an option just because it is either dark or light. My character make choices according to their feelings.

Pretty much. You can make a decision about getting those light/dark points up there fast, or about choosing responses that might actually make a little sense from time to time.

heh same, I TRY to play as a character but both games limited reasoning for choices on the LS and DS side of game.

Sometimes you just have to pick the one that best suits what your playing towards regardless tho.

Trying to think of a example but just woke up and nothing specific comming to mind, Ill think of one later and post it as a example :wub:

• 4 weeks later...

I usualy end up LS first time I play without thinking about it. Later I try to get DS, but it takes more effort to become DS for me at least. :p

Beside DS is usually a bit childish evil. You seldom have a good way to play evil except as a massmurdering lunetic with brain of a week old tuna sandwitch. Well some choices in the game was actualy the Sith evil that I think of as a DS Sithlord would act, but they are far apart. :-

LS. For me Revan is ALWAYS LSM (and he is ALWAYS that same face with long brown hair) and I always set him that. DS is cooler, but i prefer LS. It is "canonical" ending and I like happy endings. ^^

For first time I play LS, then I try to play DS, fail, play again LS and then DS.

Revan:LSM

Exile:LSF (or maybe LSM, I like more Brianna than stupid Disciple. But Exile could be DSM too. Revan is anyway LSM)

DS ending of k1 though is great, and I love killing Vrook.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)