What are you playing now?

Darque

I just purchased all 3 Splinter Cell games for about 30 bucks so I'm gonna be playing that on and off.

Yay!

Hope you've got a good rig.

I really enjoyed the first one, then I bought Chaos Theory and I got a bit bored after a few missions ... I'll definitely go back, but the resource drain is significant (I was down to under 25fps) which didn't help.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Resolution doesn't make much difference: it's all the shadows in Chaos Theory that slow everything down. :devil:

You'll have to switch off all the eye candy, and even then it'll only make a few fps difference. Or else wait whilst a slideshow flickers in front of you as you wait for your keypresses to have some effect ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I just finished Boiling Point. GREAT GAME!

Damn, I guess that means I'll have to start playing Zathura instead.. I'm supposed to review it.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

WoW still. Despite the negative things I hear people say about the people that play it, if you look around there are some genuinely good people on there, not the l33tspeaking 13yr olds you would expect.

Plus it's still a pretty fun game to me anyway.

Turrican I

While Turrican is one of the best action-platformers aorund, you really should play Turrican 2 too, as it's the best action-platformer ever. At least in 2D.

I really should have said Turrican I and II on the UAE. While I do agree that Turrican 2 is the better game all-around, I happen to have a soft spot for Turrican I as it was the first game I ever got to play, when after years of begging I was finally bought a Commodore 64; so I play it far more often.

So I'm sure you too are looking forward to this 'Hurrican' project. For those who might be interested, this is a 'freeware' Turrican clone; again a 2D action game but employing cool rendered-graphics. There's a somewhat dated demo available, which I've been greatly enjoying; and it appears since the time of the demo the guys made a lot of progress in terms of graphics and design, as far as one can tell from the screenshots. The game's coming out this year, hopefully. Furthermore, among all other turrican clones I've never come across any that is as faithful to Manfred Trenz's original conception as closely as 'Hurrican', at least as far as the demo suggests.

For more info. I invite every Turrican fan to take a look at: Poke 53280 (the site's in German)

Edited by Sabahattin Dere

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

Is boiling Point patched? I played the first release build and it was barely playable.

Yeah, it actually got two patches. The second one was 200 MB and contained better allround physics, better drawing of graphics when you fly, better stability, engine optimizations (No more stutter for me! Yay!) and countless bugfixes. The second patch really made a game out of Boiling Point, because (as you already said) the game was released in such a horrid state it was barely playable.

Everyone who likes open-ended games with lots of replayability and realtime FPS-style combat should take a serious look at Boiling Point. It sells for 99 SEK (~$13 US) now, at least in Sweden. It's also a very long game, unless you just rush through the main quest.. and even then it would still be much longer than Jade Empire.

When I had completed my first run through (doing as many of the guerilla missions and government missions as I could) I had clocked somewhere between 80-100 hours.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Is boiling Point patched? I played the first release build and it was barely playable.

Yeah, it actually got two patches. The second one was 200 MB and contained better allround physics, better drawing of graphics when you fly, better stability, engine optimizations (No more stutter for me! Yay!) and countless bugfixes. The second patch really made a game out of Boiling Point, because (as you already said) the game was released in such a horrid state it was barely playable.

Everyone who likes open-ended games with lots of replayability and realtime FPS-style combat should take a serious look at Boiling Point. It sells for 99 SEK (~$13 US) now, at least in Sweden. It's also a very long game, unless you just rush through the main quest.. and even then it would still be much longer than Jade Empire.

When I had completed my first run through (doing as many of the guerilla missions and government missions as I could) I had clocked somewhere between 80-100 hours.

I really enjoyed the setting of Boiling Point. Current times, South America, you play an old guy. Interestingly enough, the entire map of the game is loaded once and you are then free to roam around.

I just got put off by the state it was released in. And the controls.

I was working in a QA firm at the time and they were QAing the translations. I never tested it though but I did get a copy o:)

Look, it's an alt.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Quickly Post-Haste Man, I have an important message for you!

Edited by thepixiesrock

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.