What are you playing now?

Darque

I am sad, my recent replay of Icewind Dale 2 has ended in frustration. Playing game with no mods, cheats installed. Game and latest official patch's. Crash to desktop entering Kulahar. I was really looking forward to keep playing (I have re-started a bunch of times in past but usually always got up to the Ice Castle and quit playing). I may try to b/u all the characters and try to reinstall.

Otherwise I may try to frustrate myself again and give Ultima 9 a second chance (uninstalled years ago after first getting it due to my machine couldn't handle the game. Found my disks recently, including the patched version they mailed me out later). Is it worth it to give it another run through? I am definitely not expecting anything like theyre earlier gems, but something to tide me over until some newer games come out (Witcher, NWN2, Gothic 3, Oblivion, etc).

I found Ultima 9 in a bargain bin about a year ago, and with today's machines the game runs smooth as silk. If you're not a hardcore Ultima fan, then the game is a decent RPG with heavy action adventure influences. If you expect a pure Ultima you will be disappointed.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Just started and finished playing Max Payne 2. Think I spend more time on reloading than actually playing. Unlocked some new game modes, but why would I play it again...it's totally the same story, isn't it?

(Signatures: disabled) 

To add to the previous titles, I'm also playing:

For the SNES:

Lufia 2 - Rise of the Sinistrals (started several times but quit; trying to finish it)

Yoshi's Island

For the Gameboy Advance:

Rebelstar (hot damn, X-Com gameplay! not as scary though)

Gunstar Super Heroes (bit disapointing, claimed to be a sequel but it's just a rehash of the original)

I found Ultima 9 in a bargain bin about a year ago, and with today's machines the game runs smooth as silk. If you're not a hardcore Ultima fan, then the game is a decent RPG with heavy action adventure influences. If you expect a pure Ultima you will be disappointed.

I played that one when it first came out. Seemed to me more of an action adventure than an Ultima game at the time.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

WoW 10 Day Free Trial.

I've played pretty much all history's other major MMORPGs (it's easier to simply say I haven't played Shadowbane or the Lineage games, as I've played essentially everything else), so it's pretty absurd I haven't played WoW yet. But I got the impression that despite its quality, it was in many ways precisely what I didn't want in an MMORPG with regard to its particular design goals. And this is to an extent true in practice. Though I'll grant it's an extremely slick execution, for what it is.

I'm waffling between playing WoW and continuing on with AC1 at the moment, in which I also currently have an active subscription. Or, could go back to DAOC and bother to go through with the endgame PvE that has come about since I quit in the wake of ToA (as many others did)

Go with Ultima 7+Serpent Isle or Ultima Underworld 1&2 instead..

Just started and finished playing Max Payne 2. Think I spend more time on reloading than actually playing. Unlocked some new game modes, but why would I play it again...it's totally the same story, isn't it?

If you complete it at the hardest difficulty you get a different ending.

From a noir story to a rouge story perhaps?

(Signatures: disabled) 

^A good guess that one.

Go and play it.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Definitely not expecting any of the old Ultima's. I may have to fire it up and give it another chance, just more looking for a game to kill a bit of time with. Not looking for an "epic" adventure or anything. Thanks for the info.

Just beat Death by Degrees :)

That game had the best fight of any game I've ever played and the best endboss battle of any game I've ever played :D

Is that the one with the character from Tekken ?

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Nina Williams, yes.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I'm still stuck at that ancient underground temple full of trigs. So far; I haven't ventured in but a few times because of my deep-seeded hate for the save points being so few and far between. Not to mention the trigens being so annoying foes, I'd rather fight humans. Outside.

kirottu said:

I'm still stuck at that ancient underground temple full of trigs. So far; I haven't ventured in but a few times because of my deep-seeded hate for the save points being so few and far between. Not to mention the trigens being so annoying foes, I'd rather fight humans. Outside.

Yea, the trigens are a bit annoying. They look just like the doom hellspawns, and act like them too. They need to make bikini women the enemy! What a great idea!!!!! You can use a sniper gun and watch form a distance as they lather each other up! (w00t) (w00t)

Have you ever played No One Lives forever 1 or 2? Those gams are great! Out of all the first person shooters I have ever played, i have enjoyed those the most. NOLF2 still would look awesome on the computer since when it first came out system requirements were through the roof. I recommend this game to anyone who likes first person shooters.

Edited by WITHTEETH

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

I played the demo and, yes, it was rather fun. I especially liked the spy parody themes and the main character was...refreshing. However, I haven't managed to find a copy from anywhere. A shame.

kirottu said: