KOTOR Time Line Or NJO Time Line?

Kotor timeline is much better than njo. During this time there are more Jedi and Sith ,which I like, compared to NJO.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

NJO is just a mess, methinks. These constant relocations of the Order, reforms of the government, ugly retcons, boring villains etc.

Although the retcon part can be applied to the KOTOR era too, with the exception that KOTOR games usually introduce retcons, not suffer from them.

NJO is just a mess, methinks. These constant relocations of the Order, reforms of the government, ugly retcons, boring villains etc.

This is correct. They had too many writers writing the books of this series and no foundation on what is going on. It's a total cluster ***k.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

What exactly is the new order? During the movies, or post movies in Jedi Outcast/Jedi Academy.

I *would've* said KotOR time line by far but then I remembered what K2 implied about the whole deal with the True Sith Wars.

Based on the enemies in the stories, Jedi Knight certainly is pretty repetitive with these Sith Lords coming out like Jerec, Tavion, Desaan, etc. but at least the gameplay was good, and the stories involving the Valley of the Jedi are good - again the enemies created for those stories probably could've been better or introduced better.

During this time there are more Jedi and Sith ,which I like, compared to NJO.

Storywise yes, there should be heaps but I reckon you see more Dark Jedi in JK series than in KotOR.

If the writer of the KotOR series (and the EU stuff based around it, mind you I have no interest in EU books/mags) has wanted True Sith and Force Wounds, etc to be true, then I personally would hate the KotOR time line/period, even though KotOR 1 has one of the best SW game stories/experiences going round.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Jerec, Desann and Tavion weren't Sith Lords. There were no Sith Lords after Vader and (cloned? lame, lame) Sidious, with the possible exception of Lumiya. Although I really doubt she was one.

Well fine, but what I was referring to was that they were the Dark Jedi Lightsaber Wielding bosses.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

even tho I agree that the force wound things was stupid and misrepresent, I think the true sith threat have potential. If done properly, it could be the remnant of the first sith (like naga sadow or marka ragnos, i always forget who died) who where orchestring all the events before and now would wage war on the galaxy, and the mandalorians would allied themselfs with the republic. or something like that. there's one problem with the kotor storyline, and it's kotor1. I mean the whole game is a copy of the original trilogy.

but personnaly I hate the njo, the fact that a smuggler like han solo can survive this long is unbearable :ermm: and all the bs about the unifying force or something, that's just stupid. so my vote goes for kotor

Edited by darknesslord

NJO sucks :rolleyes:

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Truely it does.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

I don't know what NJO is(and I am not keen about finding out), but I an sure that KotOR is waaay better than it.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

I've read a few books from the NJO series, not really impressed. I like the Dark Horse comics of TotJ which is near KOTORs time period.

TotJ...Tales of the Jedi perhaps? Sorry, Im not into comics myself, but I didnt know anything else was set in the period of KotOR. Interesting. Is this the same as the new series of comics which are to be released?

how long before some authers might stuff our beloved KOTOR era up and turn it in to a crappy NJO typo.

I would certainly hope that they don't. I like the older series just fine the way it's at.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

KOTOR era has so much more to offer that still keeps the Star Wars feeling to it. There is Sith and Dark Jedi that are abundant within the galaxy making for a familiar yet different enemy. Aswell as the fact not all Species/Races/Planets, in the movies or books, have been discovered and documented so this makes for some interesting ideas to write about.

NJO on the otherhand, albiet it is a little interesting, just hasn't got what it takes IMO. The downsides to it to me were...

Chewbacca's death - Yes, our beloved wookiee was killed...why....just why!?!?!

Coruscant's "Vong Forming" - This was ridiculous...never in the Star Wars era (that we know of) has Coruscant fallen under control of the bad guys. I admit it emphasises the real threat the Vong posed to the galaxy, but to be honest this was just a bad move considering Coruscant is that "light at the end of the tunnel" in the galaxy.

Coruscants Restoration - Well to add insult to injury they go an restore Coruscant from its terraforming. IMO i think this was due to the large amount of unhappy fans that didn't like the fact Coruscant was Vong Formed in the first place. So again, another bad move.

Number of Authors writing the NJO series was annoyingly ridiculous, there seemed to be no set structure in how the whole NJO plot was going to start, continue and finish.

Reformations of the Government and Relocations of the Jedi Order really did get boring and repetitive. They just over did it if you ask me.

Luke Skywalker - I think he needed to die in the NJO era and that would have shown the ultimate price of the war with the Yuuzhan Vong. Then young Anakin, Jacen and Jaina Solo could have become the major focus as the kick ass Jedi. Speaking of Jedi i felt Luke and Jacen, mainly Luke, in the NJO were far too "Uber Jedi". They seemed too powerful for who and what they really were, afterall Luke hasn't had proper Jedi training, he has very little information on the Jedi techniques of old, specificly the more powerful ones and yet he has become some Uber Jedi God.

They overpowered Luke far too much and needed to have killed him if you ask me. He might have been the Chosen One's son but that doesn't make you a Jedi God. Had they killed Luke off it would have opened doors for persuing more into Jacen and Anakin Solo. I just feel something needed to be done about Luke's Uber Jedi Godness and somethign was needed to be done between Anakin and Jacen Solo.

Although the one best bit of the NJO for me would be the introduction of...

Yuuzhan Vong - an introduction of a new race which is so very different to any other within the Star Wars Universe. They were interesting if but a little boring in places. But overall they fitted the sadistic S&M freaks that they were meant to be. Aswell as providing a different look to the Star Wars "technological terror" way of presenting new threats to the galaxy. Their mad biology and organic technology made a nice contrast to the Star Wars mechanical technology. It always seemed to me a more, man(organic) vs machine war with man portrayed as pain loving skin head aliens who like to self harm.

Really, sadomasocistic fleshsculpting aliens who are a total mystery. How very original.

Yes. Sarcasm indeed.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Speaking of Jedi i felt Luke and Jacen, mainly Luke, in the NJO were far too "Uber Jedi".

Luke is a deus ex machina. I don't want to see him killed, though, and I'm glad that Lucas didn't permit them to kill Luke. Although Lucas most be cut off from the Force for killing Anakin Solo, such a promising figure... instead of whom, we get rather boring Jacen.

I'd just like to see Luke die of old age. Maybe not even see, just mentioning it is enough.

As stupid as it sounds, but Anakin Solo was killed off because of his name...

One of the authors was talking about it when there were still a few books left. Many people confused Anakin Solo with Anakin Skywalker, although I have no clue how you can do that.

Luke didn't look powerful to me, quite the opposite actually, he and Mara seemed weak compared to other Jedi.

The series jumped around qutie a bit when it comes to strength of certain characters or races.

In the beginning neither the Jedi nor the Republic could do anything against the Vong. Of course they should get better at killing them over time, but it was overdone. They went from fighting for their lives to killing them in masses (Ganner), without any real change in the way they fought. Just because you know how to kill them, doesn't mean that they should be bantha fodder from now on.

It seemed like the main characters on both sides were changing all the time. It led to some inconsistencies in the story.

It seemed like the main characters on both sides were changing all the time. It led to some inconsistencies in the story.

Probably because there were numerous authors and writers who didn't really seem to have some structure to follow on from one book to another. It seemed to me as if one author read the book before the one they were writing in the series.