The what was wrong with "delaware I" thread

But I still think RPG games are best played on the PC.

So lets make KotOR II for PC then then port it too console instead of the other way around, please?

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

But I still think RPG games are best played on the PC.

So lets make KotOR II for PC then then port it too console instead of the other way around, please?

TripleRRR

would not solve the problems.

kotor was not a port, but it was definitely designed so that similar things could be done by both pc players and console players. consoles is much more limited than pcs. it not matter which platform you design for first if you still got a console ceiling to contend with.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Console ported over to PCs have always been downright sad. KotOR is not an exception.

Now, where did I put your review of KOTOR............

didn't you give it a 90/100 or something?

If 90 means "downright sad" then I'd hate to know what 75/100 was.

The following is currently wrong with the "Project Delaware"game:

1) The story is too thin

2) The plot is non-existent

3) The controls are unresponsive

4) No multiplayer

5) Graphics are undefined

6) You can't hear the sound

7) Character development ? What character development.

8) Forget about turnbased vs. real time, you can't find either.

9) You can't tell the console from the PC version

Of course, this is based on what I've seen of the game so far :)

Wonder if there will be a patch out soon that improves my impression of it ?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The following is currently wrong with the "Project Delaware"game:

1) The story is too thin

2) The plot is non-existent

3) The controls are unresponsive

4) No multiplayer

5) Graphics are undefined

6) You can't hear the sound

7) Character development ? What character development.

:) Forget about turnbased vs. real time, you can't find either.

9) You can't tell the console from the PC version

Of course, this is based on what I've seen of the game so far 

good call

also grats on being member 666

also grats on being member 666

Thanks, i guess *my* number was up B)

A shame they don't have the little devil smilie (like the one from MSN messenger) here.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Story, plot, and character development all very much exist in KOTOR. They're just not interesting or well-written.

Which is pretty much a Bio staple.

Maybe Obs can do better.

Let's keep the T&A in FanTAsy

***Posting delayed, user on moderator review***

Why Bio Why?

Yeh but I think BioWare has always had a problem with doing linear games. The game that allowed the most linearity was actually their first D&D game, Baldur's Gate 1, but because people complained about all the wilderness areas they removed the feature in all subsequent games. :o

The problem with KOTOR is that you have no choice but to do the main quest. If all areas were always available, you wouldn't have this linear progression to have to get to the next area even if you just want to do side quests and ignore the plot. Fallout series and Morrowind allow you more non linearity in not following the plot. In fact, in Morrowind, I didn't even both with the main quest until a few months after playing it. Instead, I just explored around Seyda Neen.

This was also one of the problems with BG2, despite it being pretty good in other areas.

The game that allowed the most linearity was actually their first D&D game, Baldur's Gate 1, but because people complained about all the wilderness areas they removed the feature in all subsequent games.  ;)

That is one reason why I consider BG1 their best game to this very day, despite certain flaws like game ruining quests and the Flaming Fist death squads. :ph34r:

You need some linearity, if only to advance the plot.

You assume the plot is worth advancing.

If you don't like RPGs why are you even here to discuss them? ;)

LOL, jumping to conclusions are we?

Let's keep the T&A in FanTAsy

***Posting delayed, user on moderator review***

Why Bio Why?