360 games even more expensive than Xbox ones

As you probably already know, new Xbox games retail for about 25% more than the exact same for PC for no reason at all except that MS wants more money. Now looking at prices for upcomming 360 games I see that they retail for 25% more than the Xbox counterparts and 50% more than PC :p

Examples (in swede money)

Oblivion (PC) 400 SEK

Oblivion (360) 600 SEK!!

Gun (PC) 430

Gun (Xbox) 570

Gun (360) 650!!!

M$ are practicly encouraging people to chip their 360s and pirate games by charging such enormous overprices.

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Silly Kaftan.

All those PC games just have to write Pentium-readable code that interacts with (M$) DirectX drivers.

M$ have to pay for all the developers' (who pay a licence fee to develop games for the platform, dontchaknow?) games to be dumbed down enough to use the limited specs of the console.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

This is one of the reasons I keep my game buying habbits to a bare minimum, only actually purchasing the games I really, really want. The rest are either borrowed from friends, or rented.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

This is one of the reasons I keep my game buying habbits to a bare minimum, only actually purchasing the games I really, really want.  The rest are either borrowed from friends, or rented.

I have, in the past, gotten a bit wild with my game purchasing... I don't see me doing this in the next gen.

I mean what does that translate into... 70$ a game?

It'd have to be a reaaaaaaaaaaally good game for me to pay 70$ for it.

I mean what does that translate into... 70$ a game?

It'd have to be a reaaaaaaaaaaally good game for me to pay 70$ for it.

Actually its $59.99 on amazon, the PC collector's edition is the same price as for the 360. The standard one is $10 cheaper.

As per bloody usual you yanks get everything cheaper :) <_<

Edited by Surreptishus

It's the same thing the car industry did a few years back. The average age of the common car was measured in decades: in order to stimulate the market, the big guns dropped the price of all their new vehicles. Then, in order to recoup their sunk costs, they shortened the effective meantime between failure for all the parts and inflated the cost of spares and replacements, such that to build a car from said spares would cost anywhere from three to five-fold the cost of the new car.

Great if you always trade your new car in every three years (like business lease programmes do) and never have an accident.

Even Mercedes has taken a credibility hit in the last decade (although they are trying to rectify this now): their car reliablity used to be legendarily stratospheric (many instances of diesel taxis from the fifties that have clocked their odometers multiple times and still work with minimum servicing): now they are struggling to make their cars exit the bottom ten in surveys.

So, back to Xbox: the net cost of the technology is clawed back in licence revenue from the developers (no pay, no licence to develop for the platform) and customers (exorbitant retail prices).

PCs don't look so expensive anymore ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

We can get some games here for less than $50.  But it's quite rare.  Indigo Prophecy, ironically, is one of them.

Canada has it's perks it seems :)

What did you have to pay for your IP? I got mine for 40, new :wacko:

Had I known how much I'd enjoy it, I'd have gotten it the day it came out :)

And on average do you all pay more or less than that?

What did you have to pay for your IP? I got mine for 40, new :)

Had I known how much I'd enjoy it, I'd have gotten it the day it came out :wacko:

And on average do you all pay more or less than that?

It cost about $45 new.

I paid I believe $49.99 for TSL (but that was the PC version, not sure how much the XBox version goes for).

The games are usually in the $49.99 to $69.99 range, with some coming out at about $40.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Yikes :blink:

That means the games are even more expensive than they would be in US dollars right?  :thumbsup:

That sucks... the cost of games should match the economy of the nation they're released in.  <_<

Not necessarily. For instance, Indigo Prophesy is listed at $39.99 on EB games' website (US dollars). I got mine for $44.99 Canadian. With the exchange rate, that'd be like $30 US.

Yikes :blink:

That means the games are even more expensive than they would be in US dollars right?  :thumbsup:

That sucks... the cost of games should match the economy of the nation they're released in.  <_<

Not necessarily. For instance, Indigo Prophesy is listed at $39.99 on EB games' website (US dollars). I got mine for $44.99 Canadian. With the exchange rate, that'd be like $30 US.

Hey... that's... pretty darn good :wacko:

Yikes :wacko:

That means the games are even more expensive than they would be in US dollars right?  >_

That sucks... the cost of games should match the economy of the nation they're released in.  <_>

Well, here in Portugal minimum wage is around 350

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: